• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Online Character Database

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Not likely, selfip,com is a dynamic DNS host these are sites hosted on peoples home machines thru dyndns.org or the like.

No, I'm sure WotC would not license their trade dress to some yahoos ion their basement

Halivar

First Post
The site has a reference to characters as "toons."

I'm a WOW player, and I'm a 4E player. And I like that WotC reached out to the WOW crowd with 4E. I want to draw these players in to tabletop because they can bring a fresh new eye to the game.

But I swear, if I ever have a player refer to his character as a "toon" at the table I will club them to death with their own severed limbs, and proceed to jam their miniatures into my bleeding ears until I can hear no more.

</threadjack>

alleynbard

First Post
The site has a reference to characters as "toons."

I'm a WOW player, and I'm a 4E player. And I like that WotC reached out to the WOW crowd with 4E. I want to draw these players in to tabletop because they can bring a fresh new eye to the game.

But I swear, if I ever have a player refer to his character as a "toon" at the table I will club them to death with their own severed limbs, and proceed to jam their miniatures into my bleeding ears until I can hear no more.

</threadjack>

Continuing the 'jack.

I am the same way. My vengeance would be truly terrible. I don't even like the term used for WoW characters, much less characters for a tabletop game.

I didn't see it as direct reference to the D&D material on that site, but I likely missed it.

Last edited:

alleynbard

First Post
LOL it even has free pdfs of all the original core books if you look close enough.

Holy crap. You don't even have to look too closely to find it.

There is also a character builder on the site. Are fan-made character builders actually legal? I don't know, so I ask out of ignorance.

Last edited:

armorclass10

First Post
Lawsuit #9, how could they miss this site?

Maybe they should delete this thread so we don't get reputations as snitches:erm:

This site makes the DDI obsolete....but I do like the look of the site, WoTC should hire this guy.

Remove ads