• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] 15th Level - Dragon Mountain

GoldenEagle

First Post
Calim Character looks good. 2 questions

What exactly does reach spell do and how did you get 10 HP at a level with d8+1?

everything else looks okay at first glance.

GE

Calim

First Post
used etools to create it sorry did not check fer errors

changed

reach spells takes touch spells to close range

GoldenEagle

First Post
I think you are at 104 HP not 77.

Might be important at some point;)...but probably not...I mean your party is one of invincible heroes....right

MWahahahahahaha

Seriously though...looks fine!

GE

Not nerely done, but here's a skeleton:

Demitri, male human Div7/Divine Oracle 8: CR 15; ECL 15; Medium-size Humanoid (human); HD 15d4+60; hp 104; Init +1; Spd 30 ft; AC 11 (+1 Dex); Melee unarmed strike -1/-6 (1d3-1); SA spells; SQ summon familiar; AL LN; SV Fort +14, Ref +10, Will +16; Str 8, Dex 10 (12), Con 16 (20), Int 21 (27), Wis 10, Cha 10.

Skills and Feats: Scry 18 ranks; Skill Focus (Scry).

Wizard Spells Prepared (4/7/7/7/7/6/5/4/3) (Spell DC 18+Spell level):
0-Detect Magic (x4)
1-Mage Armor, Magic Missile (x3), 3 Open
2-Locate Object, Mirror Image, 5 Open
3-Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Haste (x2), Slow, 3 Open
4-Dimensional Anchor, Dimensional Door, Scrying, 3 Open
5-Commune, Feeblemind, Wall of Force, 3 Open
6-Distentigrate (x2), Greater Dispelling, True Seeing, 1 Open
7-Greater Scrying, Limited Wish, Teleport w/o Error, 1 Open
8-Discern Location, Maze, 1 Open
Equipment: Amulet of Health +4 (16,000), Bracers of Dexterity +2 (4,000), Cloak of Resistance +5 (25,000), Headband of Intellect +6 (36,000), Rod of Absorbtion (50,000) (160,000). 29k left Ring of Evasion - 25k

Spellbook (+Access to Divination domain spells-1-Identify, 2-Augury, 3-Divination, 4-Scrying, 5-Commune, 6-Legend Lore, 7-Greater Scrying, 8-Discern Location)
1-Detect Secret Doors, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield, True Strike
2-Detect Thoughts, Endurance, Invisibility, Knock, Locate Objects, Mirror Image
3-Blink, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Haste, Slow
4-Dimensional Anchor, Dimensoinal Door, Locate Creature, Stoneskin
5-Contact Other Plane, Feeblemind, Prying Eyes, Rary's Telepathic Bond, Wall of Force
6-Distentigrate, Elemental Immunity, Greater Dispelling, Mass Suggestion, Project Image, Repulsion, True Seeing
7-Limited Wish, Mord's Magnificant Mansion, Power Word: Stun, Teleport w/o Error, Vision
8-Discern Location, Maze, Prismatic Wall

Cash 10k
GE's Call 30k

GoldenEagle

First Post
Okay, I'll be positng the first IC post tonight. Snowtiger and Uriel (and hopefully Argent if he stops by), you can join in once a skeleton is in place. combat could come quickly, so lets try to get the PCs finalized. I will do the following:

Give out the remaining wealth, etc.

I need help with a couple of things. I have seen some people post maps using excel. Any help with that would be helpful

I will allow people to roll for themselves if they would like to. I will do it for you in cases where it would save time (i.e. you get a free search check, etc)

Lastly, I would like to assume all of you know each other and are friendly (you have worked together in the past) if that is okay with all of you.

The plot will start out in the town of Harker's Ferry, on the edge of nowhere. You have come here for different reasons, A druid looking for anwers, an oracle searching for truth, a cleric looking for solice, a dwarf looking for his heritage, a spellsword looking to test his skill, a rogue (Rino) looking for treasure and a bard for a new story to tell. Old Friends meet again.

let me know if there are any other questions I need to answer for you.

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
DM_Matt

Sounds good to me, as long as it means more fun for you! Does the Multi-Attack allow you more than your typical BAB would allow if you take any specific animal? If it does I think we'll just stick with your BAB attacks. The rest seems fine.

Man...I'm easy;)

Let me know about the sonic sub.
GE

I believe that the rule already is that you keep your Bab, altouhgh you get their strength score.

Snowtiger

First Post
Argon, Male Gray Elf, Ranger7/Shadow Dancer8

Argon, Male Gray Elf, Ranger7/Shadow Dancer8 moved to Rogues Gallery here: ARGON

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
GoldenEagle said:
I will be getting 3.5 when it comes out and we may transition to it slowly...I like what I have seen so far.

As far as telustial is concerned I don't understand the spellsword stuff as far as balance is concerened. I see the armor penalty negated and the spell progression slowed. alternate ways of making potions...it all looks okay to me...

2 things - could you give me the details of the spellsword cache, and you don't need to take cross class points if your other class allows the skill (Listen in your case).

Other than that it looks fine...you're ready to go.

GE

Sure, this is what spellsword cache does:

"At 6th level the spellsword learns how to store spells up to 3rd level in her weapon. Effectively, he gains the brew potion feat using an alternative medium [...] All rules, XP costs and expenses also apply with the following exceptions [...] to call on the desired spell he holds forth the weapon using a standard action that draws an AoO. The spellsword absorbs the cached spell effect through the weapon´s pommel. By touchin her weapon to another willing individual, he can confer that spell on that target"

The max number of cached spells is the level of spellsword and they are all lost is the weapon is destroyed.

About channel spell, you may declare that you´re using the feature before attacking: then choose a spell that affects a "target creature", not an area. At 8th level of spellsword, he can cast 2 0/1st levels in this fashion or 1 2nd level.

The spellsword gains 1 spellcasting level at each even level, as you noticed.

BAB advances as cleric. Good saving throws are Fort and Will.

Can ignore a portion of the arcane spell failure, portion that increases from 10% at 2nd level to 30% at 9.

And can gain a bonus feat at 8th level, that must be any of the feats listed in the fighter´s list or a metamagic feat.

About the cross-class skills, note that listen and spot are class skills only for Spellsword, not for Fighter and Wizard.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads