• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] 15th Level - Dragon Mountain

GoldenEagle

First Post
Rino - Sorry, I didn't mean to miss you...Please post your rogue. I meant to include you in the group!

Uriel - I held a spot specifically for you and Argent! I responded to your email.

I'd like to start soon, so let's get the PCs posted. I'm ready with the first post when everyone else is!

GE

Byrons_Ghost

First Post
I think I'm going to back out of this one. There seem to be plenty of people, and I'd like to focus on the game I'm starting up for a bit. Thanks anyway!

DM_Matt

First Post
This has a good bit of non-Core stuff, so just tell me what to cut. All of it is WOTC, though. I will ifnish him after you decide what of this stuff I can use.

Rimathil of the Wood's town was raided and destroyed by the dragon (what is his/her/its name?) of Dragon Mountain the last time that it visited this area. Afterwards, he retired from adventuring to rebuild his community. Now quite old, he has come out of retirement to exact vengeance upon the dragon.

Male Wood Elf Druid(3.5e) 15
Str: 14 (+4 enh)
Dex: 10
Con: 18 (+1 Level. +4 enh)
Int: 16 (+3 Age)
Wis: 28 (+3 Age, +2 Level +6 enhanc)
Cha: 16 (+3 Age)

Class Abilities: Spontaneous Casting (Summoning Spells), Druidic Language, Animal Companion, Nature Sense (+2 Survival and Knowledge (nature), Wild Empathy (like diplomacy to animals, withe levels as ranks), Woodland Stride, Trackless Step, Resist Nature's Lure (+4 saves vs. Fey), Venom Immunity, A thousand Faces (alter self at will), timeless Body, Wild Shap (Huge, 5/day +1 from the Druid's Vestments)

Feats(6): Natural Spell (Masters of the Wild, 3.5e PHB), Fast Wild Shape (Masters of the Wild, Wild Shape as Move Equivalent), Multiattack (Masters of the Wild, attacks with additional natural weapons after the first one are at -2 instead of -5), Augment Summoning (Tome and Blood, +1 HP/HD and +1 att/dmg for your summoned creatures) , Sonic Substitution (Tome and Blood, may replace energy type with Sonic) Empower Spell

Animal Companion: Dire Bear w/ +1 Str and Dex, Two Bonus Tricks, Evasion, Nat Armor +2, hd +2, Link, Share Spells

Spells: 6/8/7/7/6/6/4/3/2

Eq:
Periapt of Wisdom +6 (36k) in Wildling Clasp (4k)(Masters of the Wild and Magic of Faerun)
Tattoo of Str +4 (32k - number of plusses squared times 1000, doubles for slotless)
Tattoo of Con +4 (32k - number of plusses squared times 1000, doubles for slotless)
Druid's Vestments (5.8k)
Ring of Feather Fall (2.2k)
Wild Shape Vest (as amulet, from Mag of Faerun, Wild Shape as if level +4, 40k)
Heward's Handy Haversack (2k)
Masterwork Leather Armor (.4k)
4 Dull Grey Ioun Stones with Continual Flame (no-hands torches) (.1k)
(152.5 /160...gotta do the more standard eq)

Cash (10k)
GE's Call (30k)

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
The Druid looks good but I have a few questions

did you take the aging effects for Str, Dex and Con?

Fast wild shape seems broken to me because to quicken spell takes a slot 4 spots higher. Is there any negative to Fast Wild shape?

Multi-Attack also seems a little unbalanced b/c it takes a fighter three feats to get those types of numbers IIRC...

And sonic substitution seems a little out of character for a druid, so I think there should be a cool back story for that.

I'm open to discussion on the above, those are just my initial thoughts.

GE

Someone

Adventurer
Mmmm... No comments on my character, he must be too cool or totally helpless :)

The thing I was going to ask, how do you plan to take the transition to 3.5E, if you´re going to change at all? There´s several spells and feats that will become almost useless for my character in 3.5, and the spellsword prestige class is now in the new DMG (It´s called Eldritch Knight IIRC)

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
I will be getting 3.5 when it comes out and we may transition to it slowly...I like what I have seen so far.

As far as telustial is concerned I don't understand the spellsword stuff as far as balance is concerened. I see the armor penalty negated and the spell progression slowed. alternate ways of making potions...it all looks okay to me...

2 things - could you give me the details of the spellsword cache, and you don't need to take cross class points if your other class allows the skill (Listen in your case).

Other than that it looks fine...you're ready to go.

GE

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
The Druid looks good but I have a few questions

did you take the aging effects for Str, Dex and Con?

Fast wild shape seems broken to me because to quicken spell takes a slot 4 spots higher. Is there any negative to Fast Wild shape?

Multi-Attack also seems a little unbalanced b/c it takes a fighter three feats to get those types of numbers IIRC...

And sonic substitution seems a little out of character for a druid, so I think there should be a cool back story for that.

I'm open to discussion on the above, those are just my initial thoughts.

GE

Regarding fast Wild Shape. its balanced even in light of Quicken beucase it only works for one ability, it takes a move action (as opposed to no action), and because Quicken is generally regarded as an extremely weak feat anyway.

Regarding the sub, I might go for a story, or I might pick a different element.

Multiattack is what many creatures with lots of limbs have, and only works when he is in animal forms with multiple natural attacks. Its jut less of a penalty. Pretty much, its ambidexterity/twf but for animals. In 3.5e they are being wrapped into one feat and in 3e rangers got them free at first level as a package, so they really are not two feats worth of power. They also allow someone to take feats later (including that third fighter feat) that grant additional attacks, but these do not.

No aging penalties necessary. He has been in retirement for an exceptionally long time, but Timeless Body allows him to have lingered awaiting his revenge without becoming feeble.

GoldenEagle

First Post
DM_Matt

Sounds good to me, as long as it means more fun for you! Does the Multi-Attack allow you more than your typical BAB would allow if you take any specific animal? If it does I think we'll just stick with your BAB attacks. The rest seems fine.

Man...I'm easy;)

Let me know about the sonic sub.

Everyone Else...I'm ready!!!!!! I'll post as soon as the characters are ready. Get the skeletons onto the RG and we can fix them during the first couple of posts. :D

GE

Calim

First Post
Jeffrey, Male Human
Clr15: CR 15; AL LG;
Medium Humanoid ;
HD 15d8+15; hp 104;
Init 0; Spd 30; AC 16;
BAB: +11; Melee BAB: +13; Ranged BAB: +10;
Melee: +1 Morningstar +15/+10/+5 (+1 Morningstar, 1d8+3/crit 20/x2);
Two handed Melee: +1 Morningstar +15/+10/+5 (+1 Morningstar, 1d8+4/crit 20/x2);
SA: Domain power (War) - Free Martial proficiency and focus, Domain power (Destruction) - Use the smite power once per day
SV Fort +15, Ref +9, Will +23;
STR 15, DEX 10, CON 13, INT 10, WIS 27, CHA 10.
Skills:
Concentration +11,
Diplomacy +10,
Heal +19,
Knowledge religion +18,
Listen +9,
Sense Motive +9,
Spot +12,
Wilderness Lore +9.
Feats: Weapon Focus: Morningstar, Power Attack, Maximize Spell, Extra Turning, Combat Casting, Scribe Scroll , Reach Spell.
Cleric Spells (6/8+1/7+1/7+1/6+1/6+1/4+1/3+1/2+1): .
Equipment: 2792 GP,
+1 Morningstar: Holy Lawful,
Celestial Armor,
Wondrous: Periapt of Wisdom (+6),
Wondrous: Helm of teleportation,
Wondrous: Cloak of resistance (+5),
Wondrous: Boots of speed,
Wondrous: Gauntlets of ogre power.

Last edited:

Remove ads