[OOC] 15th Level - Dragon Mountain

GoldenEagle

First Post
Someone said:

-From the PHB, page 151, bottom: Grappling or Pinned: The only spells you can cast while grappling or pinned are those without somatic components and whose material components (if any) you have in hand. Even so, you must make a concentration check (DC 20+the level of the spell you´re casting) or lose the spell.

-In the page 137 of the PHB, bottom (other grappling options) says the same but expands it saying that spells that require precise actions, like drawing a circle of powered silver, are also impossible to cast while grappled.

For attacks of opportunity on Telustiel because of spellcasting, note that I´m going to cast always defensively, it´s impossible for me to fail.

Cool...that is what I was looking for. Problem solved

DM_Matt

First Post
Someone said:

For attacks of opportunity on Telustiel because of spellcasting, note that I´m going to cast always defensively, it´s impossible for me to fail.

Don't you still fail on a one? I don't think that you can take 10 on that...

GE: Me too.

Someone

Adventurer
The only rolls I´m aware that have automatic succes and failure are attack rolls and saving throws.

Imagine thore rules applied to skills checks (I rolled a 20! I jump to the moon!)

Calim

First Post
Jeffs spells

Spells Prepared (Clr 6/7/7/7/6/5/4/3/2): 0 - Cure Minor Wounds x3, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Light; 1st - Bless, Comprehend Languages, Detect Evil, Divine Favor, Magic Weapon (d), Protection from Evil, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith; 2nd - Augury, Bull's Strength, Endurance, Hold Person, Lesser Restoration x2, Remove Paralysis, Spiritual Weapon (d); 3rd - Dispel Magic, Magic Circle against Evil, Magic Vestment (d), Prayer, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Searing Light x3; 4th - Air Walk, Divination, Divine Power (d), Greater Magic Weapon, Sending x2, Status; 5th - Break Enchantment, Flame Strike (d), Flame Strike, Righteous Might, Slay Living, True Seeing; 6th - Blade Barrier (d), Blade Barrier x2, Heal, Wind Walk; 7th - Destruction x2, Disintegrate (d), Greater Restoration; 8th - Earthquake (d), Fire Storm x2.

Snowtiger

First Post
Zhahn and Trixi

Melee Incorporeal touch +3 (1d6 Strength Damage (Su)).
Attacks ignore armor.
AC 13 (+2 Dex, +1 deflection).
Cannot be turned.
Always moves silently.
Create Spawn (Su): Any humanoid reduced to Strength 0 by a shadow becomes a shadow under the control of its killer within 1d4 rounds

Full Description:
Shadow companions (2): Zhahn and Trixi, Shadow companions;
Undead (Incorporeal), Size M; CR5; HD 5d12 (32 hp); Init +2;
Spd 30ft/40ft (fly,good);
AL CG; AC 13 (+2 Dex, +1 deflection);
Melee Incorporeal touch +3 (1d6 temporary Strength);
Face/Reach 5 ft x 5 ft/5 ft;
SA: Strength Damage (Su), Create Spawn (Su); SQ: Undead, incorporeal, +2 turn resistance;
SV Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +4; <<need to fix these to +2HD values>>
Str -, Dex 14, Con -, Int 6, Wis_12, Cha 13;
Skills: Hide +8, Intuit Direction +5, Listen +7, Spot +7; Dodge.

Bonus tricks: Unlike a normal shadow, this shadow’s alignment matches that of the shadowdancer. The summoned shadow cannot be turned, rebuked, or commanded by any third party. This shadow serves as a companion to the shadowdancer and can communicate intelligibly with the shadowdancer.

Shade traits: Strength Damage (Su): The touch of a shadow deals 1d6 points of temporary Strength damage to a living foe. A creature reduced to Strength 0 by a shadow dies; Create Spawn (Su): Any humanoid reduced to Strength 0 by a shadow becomes a shadow under the control of its killer within 1d4 rounds; Undead: Immune to mind-influencing effects, poison, sleep, paralysis, stunning, and disease. Not subject to critical hits, subdual damage, ability damage, energy drain, or death from massive damage; Incorporeal: Can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, +1 or better magic weapons, or magic, with a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source. Can pass through solid objects at will, and own attacks pass through armor. Always moves silently.

Remove ads