• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] 15th Level - Dragon Mountain

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
You search around the the bodies and you find a campsite farther away in the woods. It seems relatively easy to find. There you find various mundane camping equipment in disrepair and of little value. It looks as if they had been here for a couple of days. Their tracks lead to the ambush site. You find in their site the only of value is 89 gold coins, 111 silver coins and 16 horses. You see sleeping gear for 18 people.

GE

Since they didnt have ay magical weapons, doesnt my Water Elemental DR 10/+1 work? That should negate most of the damage they dealt me...

EDIT: Oh ,right, i didnt turn until after the damage was done. From now on I definately will be traveling in WE form...

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:
DMM - you got it right. I think you get some of the damage healed when you turn, don't you?

GE

Well, since WS is based on the 3.5e polymorph, I don't. Since its an uneventful night though I will just say that I healed myself with my own spells up to full.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
What's a Pixie NPC ecl?

I can get a Level 10 equiv.
Savage Species says 5ECL, but I think that's for a PC. Seems like the DMG had NPCs at a lower rate or some such.As well, how many stat points for the build?
I used 28, let me know if that is too much/little.

Someone

Adventurer
Hmmm... The Pinning Mob tactic. A couple minor rules mistakes I noticed:

-The melee touch attack provokes an attack of opportunity. Not really a mistake, since we didn´t have our weapons drawn and none have Improved Unarmed Strike.

- The opposed grapple check is an attack roll, adjusted by size, not a strenght check. (watching at the numbers, I assume I´ve lost it, however) You were following the rules for trip attacks, they are very similar, I myself confounded them once too.

- When you lose the initial grapple check you are in a grapple, not automatically pinned. If the attacker has iterative attacks, can make another grapple check to pin you, though, or to deal unarmed damage.

When making my post, I assume thus I´m grappled but not pinned. (But being grappled or pinned is irrelevant to the actions I´m taking)

Last edited:

GoldenEagle

First Post
I did allow for AoO's from you guys (some succeeded and some did not. I will assume you guys are grappled, not pinned yet.)

I think when you cast a spell while grappling you still provoke AoO's from the bad guys, right?

I'll have time to post later today after I have looked at the book.

DM_Matt: Do you have means to haste yourself? and where do I find the monster you wildshaped into (which book). It looks pretty nasty :cool:

Argent- how fast does that carpet move?

lastly it would be helpful for me if at the end of your post you could list any effects that I need to know about for combat and you current AC/HP along with whatever attack roles you are using. Just makes things faster for me.

Good Luck with the fight...Mwaahahhhahhahaahhaahh

GE

Last edited:

Remove ads