• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] 15th Level - Dragon Mountain

GoldenEagle

First Post
last thing...It would be great if spellcasters could put their currently memorized spells on a post by itself in RG. We'll keep moving forward, but it would be helpful for me to see it broken out like that.

GE

Someone

Adventurer
GoldenEagle said:

I think when you cast a spell while grappling you still provoke AoO's from the bad guys, right?

Hmmm... good call, never thought on it (the effects of being grappled are already pretty nasty for spellcasters, but Telustiel can automatically cast defensively without chance of failure.

I´m putting Telustiel´s current prepared spells as you request. Spells within [] have been already cast; I´ll warn when the list changes.

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
By the way, GE, Would you be more comfortable if we limit ourselves to core spells and monsters? I´m trying to do that myself, and I think it´s not fair to draw things from books you don´t have.

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:

DM_Matt: Do you have means to haste yourself? and where do I find the monster you wildshaped into (which book). It looks pretty nasty :cool:
GE

That big boy is in the Fiend Folio. He's pretty much like a Roper Trent.

GoldenEagle

First Post
Someone said:
By the way, GE, Would you be more comfortable if we limit ourselves to core spells and monsters? I´m trying to do that myself, and I think it´s not fair to draw things from books you don´t have.

Yes, Please. Anything else I'd like to check first. I'm cool with the everything for this fight, but in the future it will be easier for me if everything is core, or at least pre-checked. Thanks for bringing it up Someone!

GE

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:

Yes, Please. Anything else I'd like to check first. I'm cool with the everything for this fight, but in the future it will be easier for me if everything is core, or at least pre-checked. Thanks for bringing it up Someone!

GE

Ok, then in that case I'll finish up my spell list and submit it, and try to compile my extra wild shape forms, too. Mostly, the ws's are just from the expanded lists of Dinosaurs, Dire, and Legendary animals with the occasional carniverous plant added. Pretty much everything will be from the MM2 and the additional animals in Masters of the Wild, with a couple perhaps from the fiend folio.

Spells will come primarily from Mag. of Faerun and Masters of the Wild.

GoldenEagle

First Post
DM_Matt said:

Ok, then in that case I'll finish up my spell list and submit it, and try to compile my extra wild shape forms, too. Mostly, the ws's are just from the expanded lists of Dinosaurs, Dire, and Legendary animals with the occasional carniverous plant added. Pretty much everything will be from the MM2 and the additional animals in Masters of the Wild, with a couple perhaps from the fiend folio.

Spells will come primarily from Mag. of Faerun and Masters of the Wild.

DM_Matt - I don't have any of those books, or have access to them. I hate to be a pain, but if you could pick the most important stuff for your character from those sources and email me or post them so I can look at them...sorry, just want to keep it balanced and I don't know how to do so with info I don't have for the baddies

GE

DM_Matt

First Post
GoldenEagle said:

DM_Matt - I don't have any of those books, or have access to them. I hate to be a pain, but if you could pick the most important stuff for your character from those sources and email me or post them so I can look at them...sorry, just want to keep it balanced and I don't know how to do so with info I don't have for the baddies

GE

I intended to...I was just saying what to expect.

Someone

Adventurer
From the IC thread
OOC: The SRD says what you can do while grappling and that list does not say that you can cast spells while grappling; however it doesn't say you can't either. Thought in OOC Thread. For this round it CAN be done as that is what I assumed for a verbal only if grappled not pinned, but...thoughts.

-From the PHB, page 151, bottom: Grappling or Pinned: The only spells you can cast while grappling or pinned are those without somatic components and whose material components (if any) you have in hand. Even so, you must make a concentration check (DC 20+the level of the spell you´re casting) or lose the spell.

-In the page 137 of the PHB, bottom (other grappling options) says the same but expands it saying that spells that require precise actions, like drawing a circle of powered silver, are also impossible to cast while grappled.

For attacks of opportunity on Telustiel because of spellcasting, note that I´m going to cast always defensively, it´s impossible for me to fail.

Remove ads