D&D 5E (OOC) (5E) The Village

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Perception [roll0] Not sure why it didn't work in the IC thread.

Hod do you decide what to type not knowing what your roll is?

I am a very big fan of http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ for that reason . Open it in a different tab and voila. It keeps a permanent record of the rolls, and you can change from anonymous to your character name so all rolls can be seen. you can add notes detailing what the roll is (example "third to-hit roll vs the troll") too.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'll second what the others are saying. That's why I use coyotecode. That, and I haven't bothered to learn the code to use the internal roller here, so I couldn't use it if I wanted to. :/

-IG

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ah, but that's easy.

(roll) the dice you need + modifier (/roll)
Except replace brackets with ][

E.g. (roll)1d20+2(/roll)
Which makes [roll0]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Can't add or edit a roll when editing a post. I guess to prevent people from altering their rolls when they don't like the results.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Thanks guys. The coding is easy enough, no harder than posting a picture in thread.

It would be nice to be able to see the roll, not because you would know if you succeeded or not but for example in another game I rolled... A 2 I think, on a perception check for which I described my character searching for something (Funny enough also in the woods). Then jokingly in the OOC thread I posted that my character saw a pretty butterfly and got distracted.

Remove ads