D&D 5E (OOC) (5E) The Village

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Can't add or edit a roll when editing a post. I guess to prevent people from altering their rolls when they don't like the results.

ok, but I still don't get what was wrong with my synthax.... let's test again

[roll]1d8+1d6[/roll]
[roll0]

test test, 1 2 1 2 test

edit: iiiinteresting. so the reason it didn't work was because my first roll was something it couldn't handle. huh.

Greenmtn

Explorer
So you can edit the post as long as you don't touch the roll? That would work for me. Make the roll then edit the post to add a description.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Meh.. I'll stick with coyote code. :)
I think that I will do the same. The forum dice rolling code doesn't seem to display properly with the app.

On a completely different topic: I don't have much pbp experience, but a trick that seemed to work was having people roll initiative in advance. That way when a battle broke out we could start round 1 right away.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using EN World mobile app

Greenmtn

Explorer
I think the problem with the app has something to do with view settings. I use Tapatalk and it's basic settings are to show the coding used and everything between the brackets. My guess is the settings default rolls to show up as roll0 so they aren't edited.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The WORld ENWorld app doesn't have an option like that.

I did just find an option on the top-right for web view which let me pull up the post in my phone browser, but it's highly inconvenient.

Squirrels are evil!

Last edited:

Remove ads