• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Cool -- that's good to know. I'm proficient and have tools, but we can use this next time for sure. Sorry if I jumped the gun.

I know I rolled well, but if advantage is relevant, it would be the better of the last roll and [roll0].

Dent cast bless on himself, Tolan, and Damien. Would anyone like to benefit from future castings of bless? If so, speak up. I went with the three characters that first came to mind as making frequent attack rolls (and saving throws), but it's possible I overlooked the spell's utility as applied to Aridha, Carradoc, and Thaliss. Let me know if you want to be included.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dent cast bless on himself, Tolan, and Damien. Would anyone like to benefit from future castings of bless? If so, speak up. I went with the three characters that first came to mind as making frequent attack rolls (and saving throws), but it's possible I overlooked the spell's utility as applied to Aridha, Carradoc, and Thaliss. Let me know if you want to be included.

As artillery, and rather potent at that, Thaliss could also benefit from bless. Also, considering that some of the front liners also have the role of soaking up damage, I think that potential DPR needs to be taken into account for the targets. I'm sure Thaliss will manage without it though ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Excellent, thanks.

What's DPR? I only know that acronym as DPRK, Democratic Peoples' Republic of Korea, aka North Korea. Somehow I don't think that's what you meant. ;)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Prollie just put myself on some gov't list somewhere by saying that. ;)

DPR=Damage Per Round. So I figure that bless should go to the 3 characters that can inflict the highest theoretical DPR.
At this point, and forgive my cursory analysis (I am at work so do't have time to look at this in depht), Damien definitely makes sense (hex + 2 attacks), Aridha in a beast from that grants multiple attacks, and perhaps Thaliss, because of hex on his EB probably are those with the highest continuous DPR output. This excludes "nova" damage, so things like divine smite can skew this analysis at a glance. And besides, it really depends on the expected lenght of the combat. Hmmm, I see an excel sheet coming during my spare time ;-)

And yes, I think that you now need to fear the future fearless leader of the world
;-)

SG

Last edited:

Remove ads