• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Slow rolling classic tavern start:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ll-The-Edge-of-Dispater&p=7077803#post7077803

Take your time. This is going to take a while to introduce things, group people up, etc.

Before I post, I wanted to know if it was ok that my charcter had some sort of introduction letter from his religious order/great library, and that he was told that he was to contact a head archeologist at the site?

FYI, I've posted my character inthe RG.

Cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
That's fine, though what you'll find is there is no "head archeologist". Just a bunch of different people in a gold rush competition with each other.

BeaniBum

Explorer
Dhamion Steelheart (Human Fighter)
Name: Dhamion Steelheart
Sex: Male
Race: Human
Class/Level: Fighter 1
Alignment: Lawful Good
Size: Medium 5' 7", 155 lbs.)
Init:+0
Speed:30ft
Senses: --
Passive Perception: 10
Languages Common,Elven, Celstial

Str 16 (+3), Dex 11 (0), Con 15 (+2), Int 10 (0), Wis 10 01), Cha 15 (+2)

AC: 16 (Chainmail) or 18 if sheild equipped
HP: 12 (1d8+3, +1 Dwarven Toughness)
Saves: Strength+5, Constitution +4, Charisma +2
Melee: Longsword +5 Attack, 1d8+3 Slashing
Ranged: Light crossbow +2, 1d8 Piercing

2 Artificer, 2 background; Proficient skills in bold
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+0 (dex) Acrobatics
+0 (wis) Animal Handling
+0 (int) Arcana
+3 (str) Athletics
+2 (cha) Deception
+0 (int) History
+0 (wis) Insight
+2 (cha) Intimidation
+0 (int) Investigation
+0 (wis) Medicine
+0 (int) Nature
+0 (wis) Perception
+2 (cha) Performance
+2 (cha) Persuasion
+0 (int) Religion
+0 (dex) Sleight of Hand
+0 (dex) Stealth
+0 (wis) Survival

Racial Features
Human
Languages: Common, Elven

Back
Archivist
Skill Proficiencies: History, Performance
Tool Proficiencies: Viol
Feature Lorekeeper: You are a skilled performer as well as a student of history. You can use your musical talents to get jobs at local taverns singing accolades of your companions, earning a modest means of living for yourself and your companions.
Languages (one uncommon): Celestial

Traits: Sure I could sit and watch history be made, but I could make it myself!
Ideal: Learn from past legends’ downfall
Bond: I value my companions and the opportunities they give me.
Flaw: I can’t leave well enough alone, and must meddle in the history I observe.

Class Features
Proficiencies: All armor, shields
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons

Protection When a creature you can see attacks a target other than you that is within 5 feet of you, you can use your reaction to im pose disadvantage on the attack roll. You must be wielding a shield.
Two - Weapon Fighting When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you can add your ability modifier to the damage of the second attack.
Second Wind You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d 10 + your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.
Action Surge Starting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action. O nce you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again. Starting at 17th level, you can use it twice before a rest, but only once on the same turn.
Martial Archetype At 3rd level, you choose an archetype that you strive to emulate in your com bat styles and techniques. Choose Champion, Battle Master, or Eldritch Knight, all detailed at the end of the class description. The archetype you choose grants you features at 3rd level and again at 7th, 10th, 15th, and 18th level. Ability Score Improvement When you reach 4th level, and again at 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature. Extra Attack Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. The number of attacks increases to three when you reach 11th level in this class and to four when you reach 20th level in this class. Indomitable Beginning at 9th level, you can reroll a saving throw that you fail. If you do so, you must use the new roll, and you can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest. You can use this feature twice between long rests starting at 13th level and three times between long rests starting at 17th level.
Battle Master Those who emulate the archetypal Battle Master employ martial techniques passed down through generations. To a Battlemaster, com bat is an academic field, sometimes including subjects beyond battle such as weaponsmithing and calligraphy. Not every fighter absorbs the lessons of history, theory, and artistry that are reflected in the Battle Master archetype, but those who do are well-rounded fighters of great skill and knowledge.
Combat Superiority When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you learn maneuvers that are fueled by special dice called superiority dice.
Maneuvers. You learn three maneuvers of your choice, which are detailed under “Maneuvers” below. Many maneuvers enhance an attack in some way. You can use only one maneuver per attack. You learn two additional maneuvers of your choice at 7th, 10th, and 15th level. Each time you learn new maneuvers, you can also replace one maneuver you know with a different one.
Superiority Dice. You have four superiority dice, which are d8s. A superiority die is expended when you use it. You regain all of your expended superiority dice when you finish a short or long rest. You gain another superiority die at 7th level and one m ore at 15th level.
Saving Throws. Some of your maneuvers require your target to make a saving throw to resist the maneuver effects. The saving throw DC is calculated as follows: Maneuver save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength or Dexterity modifier (your choice)
Student of War At 3rd level, you gain proficiency with one type of artisan’s tools of your choice.
Know Your Enemy Starting at 7th level, if you spend at least 1 minute observing or interacting with another creature outside combat, you can learn certain information about its capabilities compared to your own. The DM tells you if the creature is your equal, superior, or inferior in regard to two of the following characteristics of your choice:
Superior Critical Starting at 15th level, your weapon attacks score a critical hit on a roll of 18-20. • Strength score • Dexterity score • Constitution score • Arm or Class • Current hit points • Total class levels (if any) • Fighter class levels (if any)
Improved Combat Superiority At 10th level, your superiority dice turn into d10s. At 18th level, they turn into d l2 s.
Relentless Starting at 15th level, when you roll initiative and have no superiority dice remaining, you regain 1 superiority die.

Combat Gear:
Longsword
Light Crossbow
Crossbow bolts x20
Chain Mail

Other Gear: Dungeoneer's pack, Traveler's clothes, Belt pouch with 5 gp, Viol, Leather bound Journal, Inkwell, Pen
Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs
Push/Drag/Lift: 480 lbs
Starting Gold: 5 gp

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
I need to apologize. I overextended myself and dropped the ball for this game. I'm in the last two weeks of my semester and I'm swamped. You guys are off to a great start and I don't want to slow anything down. I kept trying to finish the character, but I had already over committed. Respectfully, I'm going to withdraw from the game. Thank you for considering me and I hope the game goes great.

Creamsteak

Explorer
We could probably accommodate one. Character development may take some time though, and the game is rolling along, so keep that in mind.

Creamsteak

Explorer
[MENTION=6871480]BeaniBum[/MENTION] some kind of background would help me know your character. No need to post the entire class. And I don't see the skills bolded that's mentioned.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
We could probably accommodate one. Character development may take some time though, and the game is rolling along, so keep that in mind.

Another DnD Troppe: join the group as the party finds a bag poked by kobolds :) And the bag says "kick me"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I've read your pdf. But to save time on character (haven't yet read the whole thread) any problem with me bringing in a mastermind rogue? Human (your dark-skinned green-eyed race). Are they from far away? If so, his background could be some kind of diplomat or merchant.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads