D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
No reason he couldn't have already acquired a fancy stick. Magic in this particular setting doesn't require an arcane or divine focus necessarily.

ok, thanks! So I'll assume he has one, and won't have to get some tiny tarts as the material component of Tasha's Hideous Laughter!!!!

Based on what you wrote, is it fair to assume that material components with negligible cost are not required when casting spells?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also I think it's fair that since Raghnall has had a translator for certain statements if he hears something said exactly how it was said before and translated he remembers the translation.

Oh, also I somewhat meant for the jester god's rainbow text to imply everyone understood him, albeit they're not certain if they should.

Azurewraith

Explorer
I would just like to take a moment to give [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] a cookie
f21256698231bc40e15ae4249331d985.jpg

This whole time loop thing seems like it could get real fun. May I ask(feel free to ignore) Was this the plan all along?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Several years ago I ran a one-shot adventure over 12 hours with like six friends. It was themed around our shared Dwarf Fortress world. It featured twelve artifacts to be uncovered and a lot of super-deadly traps (some homemade, some from books like Grimtooth's Traps). The traps were basically save or die, lots of binary tests, but they were solvable. Like there were clear and obvious solutions possibly seen when you failed or possibly by getting some of the other items or similar. And every night at midnight the moon fell from the sky (ala majora's mask) and wiped out everyone. So there were time constraints, but players would gradually "solve" the game. You didn't need to be particularly personally powerful either, you just needed to know more. Solve the puzzle, save the world, stop the groundhog's day paradox. It worked pretty well.

That said I have not been 100% on whether or not this game would have that, but it was in my back pocket. Some people actively dislike the idea. No guarantee it will happen again, but it seemed like an interesting card to play based on what had come up so-far. Kinda metroidvania inspired.

Remove ads