[OOC] Anyone wanna play some Stars without Number? [Recruiting Closed]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So far I've rolled my background Pilot, which is certainly helpfull. Then rolled to gain +2 Physical (strength), trade-0, and pilot-1. So a very competent pilot so far. :)

So my new backstory has Kore rescued from an Asteroid where he was stranded after pirate attack - since you’re a pilot maybe you could be the one who picked him up?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
So my new backstory has Kore rescued from an Asteroid where he was stranded after pirate attack - since you’re a pilot maybe you could be the one who picked him up?

That’s a great idea! Fits my idea of a cranky old man who cannot stop helping people concept nicely.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Okay I’va changed my class to Spacer: Warrior Gunslinger and changed my stats and back story too. (The older ones there in spoilers for comparison)
On top of Shoot, I’ve got Fix and Pilot as extra skills so can help on the Bridge, Guns or even Engineering if need be.

Here is what I have so far. Working on background and such.

Name: Magnus Eriksson
Languages: Mandate (English)
Appearance
  • Hair: Brown
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Skin: Pale
  • Description:

Level: 1
XP: 0/3
Skill Points earned: 0

Armor Class:
Hit Points:
Attack Bonus: +0
  • Melee: +0
  • Ranged: +0
  • Unarmed: +0

Saves
  • Physical 14
  • Evasion 15
  • Mental 13

Attributes
Strength 12 (+0)
Dexterity 11 (+0)
Constitution 14 (+1)
Intelligence 13 (+0)
Wisdom 18 (+2)
Charisma 11 (+0)

Skills
Fix-1
Exert-0
Program-0
Sneak-0
Teleportation-1

Class Abilities: Psychic
  • Tinker 1: Gain Fix as a bonus skill. Your Maintenance score is doubled, allowing you to maintain twice as many mods. Both ship and gear mods cost only half their usual price in credits, though pretech salvage requirements remain the same.
  • Effort: 4, You have an Effort score, which can be used to fuel psychic abilities. Your maximum Effort is equal to 1 plus your highest psychic skill plus the better of your Wisdom or Constitution modifiers. Even with a penalty, your maximum Effort cannot be lower than 1

Psychic Techniques:
  • Core Technique- Personal Apportation 1 The psychic can teleport up to 100 meters.
  • Proficient Apportation 1 Personal Apportation now counts as a Move action, though it still can be performed only once per round. Apportations of 10 meters or less no longer require Effort to be Committed, though any augments to the technique must still be paid for normally.

Equipment
  • Monoblade Knife (1d6; Shock 1/AC 15)
  • Laser Pistol (1d6; 100/300; Mag 10)
  • Armored Undersuit (AC 13)
  • Backpack (TL0)
    • 6 units of spare parts
    • Postech toolkit
    • 4 type A cells
    • Dataslab
    • Metatool

Readied: 4/4
Stowed: 5/8
Credits: 200

Background:
Magnus was born on a deep belt mining station. He spent his childhood in the cramp confined spaces and recycled air. His parents ran the maintenance crew. When he wasn't in school he was helping them or exploring the station. At 13 he had his first incident. He had dozed off in class and woke up on deck 3s main airlock. He had jumped halfway across the station because he was dreaming of riding on the tramp freighter that had docked there the other week. After that everything changed. His friends stopped talking to him. Psychics weren't persecuted on the station like on some worlds but he could still see the fear in peoples eyes when he was around. His parents even treated him differently. They were distant, afraid like everyone else. When the representative from the <Need Org Name> arrived on station to interview him Magnus knew he was going to be leaving his home. He spent 10 years at the academy. He learned to control his powers and opened up the freedom he had craved so much as a child on station. Once he graduated he hopped onto a ship and took to the stars.

Goal:Freedom and exploration

Skill Rolls: Growth 1d6, Learning 2d8
_: 1D6 = [4] = 4
1D8 = [3] = 3
1D8 = [7] = 7

Hit Points:
_: 1D6 = [5] = 5

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Name: Maverick
Languages: Mandate (English), all languages common to the sector
Appearance
  • Hair: Dirty blonde
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Skin: Tanned
  • Description: Lean and wiry, almost scrawny.

Armor Class: 13
Hit Points: 2
Attack Bonus: +0
  • Melee: -1
  • Ranged: -1
  • Unarmed: -1

Saves
  • Physical 15
  • Evasion 14
  • Mental 14

Attributes
Strength 8 (+0)
Dexterity 7 (-1)
Constitution 10 (+0)
Intelligence 16 (+1)
Wisdom 14 (+1)
Charisma 17 (+1)

Skills
Connect 0 (2d6+1)
Lead 1 (2d6+2)
Shoot 0 (2d6-1)
Talk 1 (2d6+2)

Class Abilities: Expert
  • Diplomat Focus
    • Level 1: Gain Talk as a bonus skill. You speak all the languages common to the sector and can learn new ones to a workable level in a week, becoming fluent in a month. Reroll 1s on any skill check dice related to negotiation or diplomacy.
  • Once per scene, you can reroll a failed skill check, taking the new roll if it’s better.
  • When you advance an experience level, you gain a bonus skill point that can be spent on any non-combat, non-psychic skill. You can save this point to spend later if you wish.

Equipment
  • Secure Clothing (AC 13)
  • Compad
  • Mag Pistol (2d6+1 damage; 100/300, Shots 6
    • Ammo 20 rounds
  • Stun baton (1d8 damage; Shock 1/AC 15)
  • Low light goggles
    • Type A Power Cell
  • Lazarus patch

Readied: 4/4
Stowed: 0/8
Credits: 0

Background

Goal:
The good life. Credits, women, pleasure

Maverick is the son of a powerful politician in a relatively advanced world. Always a smooth talker, he was being groomed to follow in his father’s footsteps. However, his penchant for gambling, drinking, and womanizing constantly got him into trouble until he finally slept with the wrong woman, the wife of a powerful rival politician. It was decided that for the good of his continued health, it might be best if Maverick left for a while.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Still a lot to do, but here's my character so far.
Edit: I think the mechanical stuff is all done. Will add a small bio later.

Ol' Jack

ol' jack.jpg

Name: Jackson "Ol' Jack" Appleton
Languages: Mandate (English)
Appearance
  • Hair: Grey
  • Eyes: Green
  • Skin: White
  • Description: Scruffy, wrinkled and old, but wiry strong.

Armor Class: 13
Hit Points: 9
Attack Bonus: +1
  • Melee: +2
  • Ranged: +1
  • Unarmed: +1

Saves
  • Physical 14
  • Evasion 15
  • Mental 14

Attributes
STR 14 (+1)
DEX 8 (+0)
CON 14 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 14 (+1)
CHA 12 (+0)

Skills
Fix-0
Pilot-1
Shoot-0
Trade-0

Class Abilities: Warrior
  • Combat Focus: Close Combatant
    • Level 1: Gain any combat skill (Shoot). Can use pistol-sized ranged weapons in melee. Ignore Shock damage from assaillants.
  • Once per scene as an Instant ability, you can either choose to negate a successful attack roll against you or turn a missed attack roll you made into a success. You can use this ability after the dice are rolled, but it cannot be used against environmental damage, effects without an attack roll, or hits to a vehicle.
  • Gain +2 maximum hit points per level.
Focus
  • Die Hard
    • Level 1: Gain +2 maximum hit points per level. You automatically stabilize if mortally wounded by anything smaller than a Heavy weapon.

Equipment
  • Gunslinger equipment package:
    • Laser Pistol (1d6 damage)
    • Armored Undersuit (AC 13)
    • Monoblade Knife (1d6 damage)
    • 8 type A Cells
    • Backpack (TL0)
    • Compad
    • 100 credits

Background: Pilot
  • Free skill: Pilot-0
  • Growth:
    • (2) +2 Physical (strength)
  • Learning:
    • (8) Trade-0
    • (5) Pilot-1
Goal: Money; to live a comfortable life.

Last edited:

Remove ads