[OOC] [AU] Stone Bones - Recruiting Replacement Player!

Jaws

First Post
Erekose13 said:
more npcs to chat with?
The last NPCs that were present (greyfolk), could only be communicated with if you knew their language, had a magic item that would do so, or had the spell available to them.

That is the reason I haven't participated. I still read the Stone Bones about once or twice a week.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

manifold

First Post
manifold

1. When we get bogged down and you diecide to move things along, Isida, would you mind giving a heads up, mabye a "last call" for a room or whatever? I would have liked to have gone after a bit more loot in the last room but I didn't want to jump off on that in the midst of a dramatic moment between Dar and Atlas (which seems kind of foolish now that I think about it. The real time versus narative time is kind of hard to get used to, and I hadn't really given it any thought untill now...rambling. Please, maybe a heads up or last call before moving us all on for a few weeks of subterranian travell.

2. Has anyone considered going back out, for supplies or to sell loot, or to get ceremonial feats? I'm just curious; I don't really want to, but I was wondering if anyone else had the inclination.

3. Can we develop some kind of macro or routine for treasure identification and distribution? Or is that fun for someone to RP? Now that we've been trough it once, can we agree on a routine? We gaurd Phaern and let him swap spells and identify everything? Any other ideas?

4. Have the dreams been coming to us more at all? That bit seems to have gone by the wayside, and it might be good to refresh everyone as to why we are all hurling ourselves into the bowels of the earth to meet a sticky end at the pointy ends of terrible creatures.

5. Who, exactly, is still active? I have not engaged Will much, since I never see Jaws, but he might do more if I engage him more...hmm. That's the difficulty of the RT vs. GT thing, for me: I'm not quite sure of the ettiquite. If I ask a quesiton and the responder isn't going to post for a week, do I need to wait to do anything before I post again? Or can I just go ahead and post on as If I knew what was going to happen?

6. Is there a way, maybe in the final call phase of an encounter, to be sure everyone has a say before we move on? Or does anyone feel that that would be necessarry?

7. What's everyone's average post count? 1/week? Fine if it is, just want to guage it better so I can get a handle on the pacing.

Whew. Not thinking this out too much, just typing so I can get it done. Thanks for considering.

Manifold

PS Jaws, are you Jaws9 over at Monte's boards? Or is that another Jaws incarnation? Deadraddish, I assume you are the same deadradish that hangs out over there...anybody else spend much time at OK your turn? (Isida, I know you do...)

Jaws

First Post
manifold said:
Whew. Not thinking this out too much, just typing so I can get it done. Thanks for considering.

Manifold

PS Jaws, are you Jaws9 over at Monte's boards? Or is that another Jaws incarnation? Deadraddish, I assume you are the same deadradish that hangs out over there...anybody else spend much time at OK your turn? (Isida, I know you do...)
I'm glad you typed all that out Manifold.

Yes, I am Jaws9 on Monte's boards. Who else do you know has a closing like I do?

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Ashy

First Post
Personally, I think that we need a defined party leader - this usually seems to speed this along IMHO...

EDIT: manifold - I am totally on board with your ideas which streamline the metagame stuff and push rping to the fore. However, it seems that Isdia is really good about working alot of that stuff into the game (i.e. the awesome item descrips recently posted) so I have no problem with rping those sorts of actions...

Maybe there needs to be a certain post-per-day/week requirement imposed? I am usually here all day M-F, except when away on travel and usually even then, I can reply at night from my hotel (like now, for instance!) :p

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
im still here, things are usually about 1/day for me except when real life calls. but i still try to get in atleast 1/week. I used to be pretty active over at monte's boards, but I am just a lurker there now (erekose13) though I try to be a regular contributor to Diamondthrone.com (Chris Cumming)

dead_radish

Explorer
I check at least once a day when I don't have bronchitis. ;)

I like pushing things to the background as well.

And our problem is no one is really suited for leadership roles here....

manifold

First Post
manifold

What about Atlas? Even if he's reluctant and frought with self-doubt, he's still the most likey candidate. I'd say it's more that we have too few followers that that we have too few leaders...

What purpose would having a leader serve? What does a party leader look like? Is he/she the mouth of the party? Does the leader have the final say in decisions? Is the leader the treasure distributor? What does the leader do?

Ashy

First Post
I would say Atlas... Basically, when the group stalls, it is the leader's job to post the party's action. The DM knows this and when he sees this post, he moves the story along - simple as that.

dead_radish

Explorer
Although if it's a metagame leader, I'd be more than willing to take that position. I can definately word it in such a way that we do things, but without making Kelthet take the lead. ;)

rangerjohn

Explorer
I would say that Atlas is failing as a leader. If his boon companion has problems with him, that speaks volumes. Aparently this party need a military disciplinarian, that is not Atlas. He above all is compassionate, he has even been told that is his important role in the group, by the spirits. So perhaps I should step down and let Dar take the reins, he seems to be chomping at the bit. One last thing, apologize for the slowness of my post. Untill, recently the group has been studying the treasure, which Atlas has no interest in having. The role play I did in that scene was basically ignored, by the other participant. As for yesterday, I have lost my regular internet access, and the library was closed for Veteran's day.

Remove ads