[OOC] [AU] Stone Bones - Recruiting Replacement Player!

manifold

First Post
manifold

Well, we have one nomination and one volunteer. Unless RJ wants the position, I say "yea" for Deadraddish. I will say that I'd appreciate a "Last call" from the leader if that's more his bailywick than the DM's.

Manifold

OK, just saw RJ's post (looks like we're on at the same time :) ) I move for deadradddish's meta-game leader, a player who sort of facillitates this big ol' group's wishes to the DM. We can RP the idea of a group leader, or a power struggle between Atlas and Dar, or whatever, but as far as someone giving Isida the nod to continue, I'm for deadraddish since he volunteered.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
rangerjohn said:
I would say that Atlas is failing as a leader. If his boon companion has problems with him, that speaks volumes. Aparently this party need a military disciplinarian, that is not Atlas. He above all is compassionate, he has even been told that is his important role in the group, by the spirits. So perhaps I should step down and let Dar take the reins, he seems to be chomping at the bit. One last thing, apologize for the slowness of my post. Untill, recently the group has been studying the treasure, which Atlas has no interest in having. The role play I did in that scene was basically ignored, by the other participant. As for yesterday, I have lost my regular internet access, and the library was closed for Veteran's day.

Actually, this is more me being difficult (in a roleplaying kind of way) than anything... Dar is slowly chaging but it won't be apparent anytime soon. I think that fits with the character... ;)

manifold

First Post
manifold

Yeah, I don't see Atlas as a failure at all. It's just that he's in a group of...well, of misfits and outcasts and whoresons and a nice little fairy with a mind of her own. And he does lead by example...look at the number of times the puppies have started to behave childishly and turned it around just because he was giving them the "don't disappoint me" look. Atlas is very much a leader, but he's more like a scout master than a drill seargent. And we don't need a drill seargent, to be honest. I don't think anyone, player or character alike, would appreciate that. So, any failing on Atlas' part is in his head.

That said, do we need a leader/spokesman, or would it suffice for Isida to ask for consensus before we move on? If we want a leader, does anyone have any objections to deadradish? If we don't hear from everyone in say a week, I say he has the job.

dead_radish

Explorer
I'm leaving town tomorrow morning, and will be without 'net access until Sat. evening, most likely - feel free to NPC Kelthet if needed. I think you can see his thoughts on the Darkfolk. ;)

If he does start the attack, he's going to lead with a psionic heightened mudball if possible (via the 2 round casting time).

manifold

First Post
dak

hey, is anybody up for trying to get the earth serpent's truname? I think it would be fun to play out this mechanic, both in terms of RP and to just explore that facet of the AU rules.

manifold

First Post
dak

well, Dak has a ring of creature loresight. The spell "location loresight" gives the name of a creature who resides in a given location, no save. That's part of the equation. Then we need a bit of the serpent itself: scale, claw, old razor....whatevah. I'd bet if it's been scratching itself on it's lair at all, it's dropped a few scales...

Then, we'd have to go back out and find someone who'd cast "Learn Truename." We could supply supercharged elixer for the caster, and see if we could drum up a few casting partners as well, to ramp up the DC. Of course, all this is predicated on us having a few months to wrangle all of this stuff. Or on us finding someone close by who can cast the spell...maybe the greyfolk know of someone...

Or maybe not. We'll see.

dead_radish

Explorer
Has Isida disappeared? Both of her games that I'm in have stopped moving, and I don't imagine that we've all given up on the game, since we're a fairly active set of folks....

Remove ads