• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Calibration - homebrew gng (2/2/1 of 7)

doghead

thotd
Everyone: Looks like no one got lost in the little temporal distortion. Jolly good show and all that. Seems like everyone is a bit snowed under and needs a little time to get back up to speed. I'll hold off on moving things along for a bit.

Nac, Kohbiel: There are two slots, in as much as there are two NPC's in the squad currently. Both of them are available to be ghost hacked. Given we are restarting the IC thread, both could be reworked from scratch really. The names could also be changed.

Nac: Sure you want in again?

Kohbiel: I had originally intended that all of the characters were marines. A journalist could be worked in of course. The only concern I have is keeping him involved in the various missions etc that come up. If you want to give it a crack, go ahead. But be aware that he may not be able to participate in everything. There will probably be at least one NPC you can ghost hack in those cases.

Alternatively, you could take a young man doing a term of service in order to see a little of the world, hoping on day to be a foreign correspondant. Perhaps he submits pieces to the papers as a freelancer under a psydonym. Or perhaps a journalist who has joined the marines after being unsuccessful in his chosen career, or in order to escape something he became involved in as a journalist. The Marine Forces are full of people who don't wish to talk about their past.

Anyways, something to think about. The squad is part of Grand Batista's military. And here is a grid if you are still interested ---

Code:
 	STR	DEX	CON
INT	XXX 14	XXX 12	XXX 13
WIS	XXX 04	XXX 16	XXX 06
CHA	XXX 10	XXX 15	XXX 15

Kohbiel

First Post
doghead said:
[
Nac, Kohbiel: There are two slots, in as much as there are two NPC's in the squad currently. Both of them are available to be ghost hacked. Given we are restarting the IC thread, both could be reworked from scratch really. The names could also be changed.

Kohbiel: I had originally intended that all of the characters were marines. A journalist could be worked in of course. The only concern I have is keeping him involved in the various missions etc that come up. If you want to give it a crack, go ahead. But be aware that he may not be able to participate in everything. There will probably be at least one NPC you can ghost hack in those cases.

Alternatively, you could take a young man doing a term of service in order to see a little of the world, hoping on day to be a foreign correspondant.

Anyways, something to think about. The squad is part of Grand Batista's military. And here is a grid if you are still interested ---

Code:
 	STR	DEX	CON
INT	XXX 14	XXX 12	XXX 13
WIS	XXX 04	XXX 16	XXX 06
CHA	XXX 10	XXX 15	XXX 15

Yeah that was my initial idea, officialy just another grunt, but hoping to use the military to see the world and become a foreign correspondnat after he's built up some time in the marines. Keeps a journal of events he hopes to publish after he's had his fill of military service.

I know one of your available "ghost hack" characters is Ariel, but I haven't seen mention of the other one. Has he/she remained silent or still need to be fleshed out up to this point?

This is the first time I've used the grid method to plot up ability scores, given the numbers above, is this a correct setup?
Str: 10
Dex: 15
Con 15
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha: 15

and last question, our starting level and term of service should be?

Last edited:

Iron Captain

First Post
Ok I've kicked things off in the IC thread. Hope everyone else can post soon so we can get this show on the road again. :cool:

/me very eager to find out what happens next.

doghead

thotd
Kohbiel: Close, I think you have allocated Cha and Con the same number. You can, however, go with Con 13 Cha15:
Code:
 	STR	DEX	CON
INT	INT 14	XXX 12	CON 13
WIS	XXX 04	WIS 16	XXX 06
CHA	STR 10	DEX 15	CHA 15

I initially allocated level and rank on the basis of the initial concept. But as the main ranks are filled, I'm going to go with L3 and Private in their first term. It doesn't sound like you are looking for a multiple term character at this point.

Anon, the other NPC, only appeared briefly, just before the crash. But as that has all disappeared, go with Rossar Lovel and create the character you want.

IC: Cool. And me too. [edit: nice post IC.]

thotd

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
OK, it seems a few people a swamped at the moment, so I am going to give it until Monday and then move on with what we have.

Don't forget to give me your characters intentions as well as thoughts.

thotd

Watus

First Post
Sorry. I've been swamped at work and reduced to reactive mode in my games... I just haven't had the time to think about it.

doghead

thotd
Thats fine. Seems that its that way with most people. So I figured the best way to get things moving was to, well, get things moving.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Updated the IC thread. Lets see where we stand and who's still here.

BTW, I'm going to be gone for about five days. I'm leaving tomorrow. I should be able to check in before I leave.

thotd

Remove ads