• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] [D&D 3.5: FR] Silverdale

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am sorry. I usually don't volenteer to send an illeagal item like tha. It is just that the feat : shield specilization is really good as well as some of its progressions.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Not sure why everyone here thinks it's such a big deal to provide a writeup or something. WOTC have long since stopped supporting 3.5 and instead of trying to balance it they went nuclear and changed to a new system and a new cash cow...

Plus this feat in particular isn't such a big deal. I mean seriously, it's more of a flavor feat than a really powerful one :)

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Small write-ups aren't a problem, its the transfer of whole books that I tend to object to. ;)

However, that said, I tend to avoid even the small write-ups as well because it adds to mental processor space. I know where to find everything for the most part in the books on my shelf. If I have to refer to something on the computer (a PDF, a PM, a Post, whatever), I tend to lose track of it.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I'd really like to be in this game, if you aren't full yet. So far I saw battle cleric, warmage, ranger and paladin. I might have missed something. How about a gnome illusionist? It seems like that might fit with this group fairly well.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Alright then! I'll begin putting Bannocker Badgerfoot Twitterbug Handyhand Gnarlface Lightypurse Gozz together then.

Since we have a warmage, I'm considering prohibiting evocation and transmutation or possibly evocation and necromancy. I'll wait to make the decision until I'm certain the warmage is aboard though. I don't want to hinder my damage-dealing ability too much if we aren't going to have an arcane cannon.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Never ever ban Transmutation, are you crazy? The top three banned schools are:

Evocation: you can get Contingency via Greater Shadow Evocation. Wall of foce you can live without. Everyting else is crap.
Enchantment: Save or lose spells, but since you are an Illusionist you have plenty of those. Save or lose are either good when going for maximum DC and basically being a one trick pony, or skipping them. Still, most of these are mind-affecting, which means they are crap at later levels.
Illusion: not appicible in your case.

Divination is not allowed to be banned.
Conjuration is simply awesome.
Transmutaion has fly, baleful polymorph, shapechange, disitnegrate... It's simply too good.
Necromancy has Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Dragon Rape (aka. why it's bad to have 14 dex vs a level 16 caster), finger of death...

ghostcat

First Post
No-one has gone for the spy, sneaky type. So I'll bag that slot if nobody minds.

Halfling rouge, I think. In charge of the Intelligence Corp.

Remove ads