• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] [D&D 3.5: FR] Silverdale

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
airwalkrr and Myth, I go with Necromancy as a banned school all the time for character reasons (light hearted, carefree caster doesn't want those ooky, creepy spells anyway). ;)

ghostcat, nifty, spiffy concept.

Everyone, let's see some stats! :D I'd like to get started in about a week or so. My plan for post rate is to go at the rate of the slowest player, but I'd like to shoot for about one post a day, except weekends.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Post them here, I'll go through and ask for corrections if any are needed, then I'll put up the Rogue's Gallery and you'll post the final character sheets there.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
you know, if there is a g'nome and a halfling, I wonder how a Halfling scout headed toward a halfling outrider would work? Whatcha think?

Scott DeWar

ok then, I will have a character soon. halfling scout / outrider is a combo i have always wanted to play.

[sblock= Halfling scout]
Code:
Halfling Scout 1

Barton Slyfoot of clan hillhearth of the hillhearth village.

st 14 6 pt 12 +1
dx 14 6 pt 16 +3
cn 14 6 pt 14 +2
in 14 6 pt 14 +2
ws 14 6 pt 14 +2
ch 10 6 pt 10 +0

bab +0 
grapp -3 (+0 BAB, +1 Str, -4 Size)
Init +3 
hd d8 + 2
HP: 
Speed 20

Saves:  total  base  abil  misc notes
Fort     +3     +0    +2    +1
Ref      +6     +2    +3    +1
Will     +3     +0    +2    +1  +1 addtl vs fear (race)
Misc = race

[b]Feats and features[/b]
Skirmish (+ 1d6 to damage whe movement of at least 10 feet)
Trapfinding ( search skill to find traps with gtr then dc 20; 
   disable divice to bypass norm or magic traps
LV 1 

Skills           total ranks abil misc notes
Balence (dx)       +5   +3    +2   --
Climb (st)         +5   +2    +1   +2   race
craft: 
  -Bow/Fletch (In) +4   +2    +2   --
Escape art (dx)    +5   +2    +3   --
Hide (dx)          +9   +2    +3    +4   size
Jump (st)          +5   +2    +1   +2   race
Know: 
  -geog (in)       +4   +2    +2   --
  -Dung (in)       +3   +1    +2   --
  -nature (in)     +4   +2    +2   -- 
Listen (ws)        +6   +2    +2   +2   race
move silent (dx)   +7   +2    +3   +2   race
Ride (dx)          +4   +2    +2   -- 
Search (ws)        +4   +2    +2   --
sense motive (ws)  +4   +2    +2   --
speak lang (na)    +2   +2    --   --
spot (ws)          +4   +2    +2   --
survival (ws)      +4   +2    +2   --
swim (st)          +3   +2    +1   --
tumble (dx)        +5   +2    +3   --
use rope (dx)      +5   +2    +3   --

skill points: lv 1 (8 +2 ) X 4 = 40

carrieing capacity ( .75 of normal for race)

starting gold 200
[/sblock]

Halfling traits:
# +2 Dexterity, -2 Strength.
# Small: As a Small creature, a halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
# Halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
# +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, Listen, and Move Silently checks.
# +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
# +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
# +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
# Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
# Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing

[sblock= plan outrider]

from comp warr

reqm
BAB +5
Skills: Listen 3 ranks; ride 6 ranks; spot 3 ranks
Feats: Mounted Combat; Mounted Archery
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
I hope I'm not too late. I was thinking dwarf, as usual. Then I saw Scott character idea, and thought... Something dwarf as well

What about sharing backgrounds, like the characters being brothers, and leading the town together? I think it could be fun. And if the two characters have some antagonizing behaviors it would add to the fun IMO.

Opinions? Suggestions?

ethandrew

First Post
Two Dwarven brothers leading a town? Hmm.

I'm thinking my Ranger could be the leader of the hunters/scouting party. Either that or one of the original founders of the township, depending on how old the town is.

Scott DeWar

Vod Vosa, if you are refering to my post 20 I am afraid there has been a change. If you gaze upward to post 46, I have a new direction that I am going in. I see Eathandrew's character idea and would say his and mine would react with one another, most cirtainly. I already have a history concept, but I would be flexable to fit in with the other halfling and the ranger.

And if you (VV) were looking to bring in a dwarvin fighter, that too would work great. I am sure the g-nome would have great fun projecting his skills in magic on him!!

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Welcome aboard, Voda. :D

Keep in mind that the majority of the NPC population is human so a non-human central authority figure may face some issues. Makes for good roleplaying, though. ;)

Remove ads