OOC for The Lost Son

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Campaign Rules

nothing writin in stone, if someone can think of something better or that I have missed let me know.

1.Will be using the variant upkeep rule in the DMG page 130. After you choose your "lifestlye" please make a note if you'll be living at the inn, common house, or have your own small home.

2.In the Rogue gallery make a post for your "home" you don't have to bother with being to descriptive at first. This will be a spot to keep unquie items found adventuring as well as excess cash your charater doesn't carry on him personally. So if you take into collecting say daggers and hang them on the wall you can post that in your "home" slot.

3.Multi-classing: I don't use the training rule but would like for there to be some "reason" behind why a character suddenly knows a ton of new abilities most people take all childhood to learn. There will be downtime during and between adventures so a post saying you spent two weeks at the local garrison and was invited to learn a couple new skills counts.

4.Not a rule- But I would like chatracters to have a build up of what they are looking to do during level up for there character. I will not hold anyone to this but I would like ideals so I know where your leaning on skills, feats, ability boosts. Just go about two levels higher than your current level, listing feats, spells, powers, and what abilities you are looking at. It will give me a heads up if you plan on taking something outside the Core Books (Leif) and I can plan to put certain things in the adventure to help in your character build.

5.I will be building the world as we go and as I purchase the other H-series modules. There are three and I believe that they are linked and will take the PC's up to about level 11. Feel free to add any flavor to the world you like history, stories you have heard, places this will free me up and bring the world to life. I am going to keep the Enworld Deities and change references in the adventure to other gods.

That's all for now if you know any or I think of anything else will let you all know.

Leif

Adventurer
Just so you know, Fethwynyth will be wanting to achieve a "Good" or "Extravagant" lifestyle as soon as he can afford it! For now, though, he may have to make do with merely "Meager." :(

About that statement about "non-core" books that appeared to be directed at me (or maybe I'm just being too sensitive?), let me say this: Complete Arcane, Complete Mage, Spell Compendium, and Manual of the Planes are Core, aren't they?? :D <--Yes, this is supposed to be a (bad) joke.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
I'd be interested in playing either a Scout from Complete Adventurer, or a Rogue if that is a no-go.

As for Character Creation I understand you use the LEW rules, but I've seen a scattering of different other rules/houserules etc in the thread. Might be an idea to gather them in first post to make it easier? Anyway, I'll read through the whole thread today to see if I missed anything.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
There is also a wilderness rogue option in UA. Perhaps you are allowed to take it, if only SRD classes are allowed. I t would retain the "nature" theme of the scout.

I'm indefferent between using EN or KotS gods. Hyrag and Pelor are quite similar.

Edit: If it is possible to take feats from other books, I would like to change imp turning to something else. I will post alternatives later.

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Introducing Dorgunna, the dwarven rogue.

Dorgunna was quitely enjoying a cup of mediocre ale in the inn, when the commotion started. Some little waif had gone missing, and money was promised. Tempting offer.. but on the other hand, she still had half a mug left of the ale she'd payed for.. Oh well, getting money could be done other ways as well.

Not the most talkative young dwarven lady, Dorgunna can often come across as indifferent and a brooding sort. She's good at hear though. Learning the craft of Roguery from her bigger brother, she's decided to put it to good use instead of stealing from innocents, as her bigger brother was known to do. At the moment, she's waiting for something to happen, so she can prove her worth to her family, that even people doing good deeds can achieve riches.
Dorgunna is of average height and size. Her hair is dark blonde, eyes light grey. She got no features to distinguish her from every other dwarf around this place, except her bright smile (when she bothers to show it!)

I havn't decided on much more yet, but I'll go with a rogue. Not decided if she's a ranged type, or the up'n'close type either.

Upkeep: Living at an Inn at the moment.
Home: None, except the Inn room.
Build plan: If possible I'm aiming at the Thieft Acrobat prestige class from Complete Adventurer. If not, probably go with a straight up rogue. As for feats etc, as Im not entirely decided about ranged VS. closecombat, thats also undecided.

Question: When creating character, do I use the original rules, or do I use the New rules as posted in post #116?

Jerrand Redband

First Post
to Rayex: Welcome aboard! The rules for creation are still EnWorld based at this time the other options do not apply till we make the transition over to KotS 3.5. Then I believe with those rules you'll be able to make a "wildreness rogue" If you can have a rogue ready now is a good time to bring you and Walking Dad into the game in progress and you won't be behind in xp to much. Other options/classes will be avaiable for adding on later.

to Walking Dad: Are you ready to join? Don't need to much in background but do need to know what you look like. No that is Brotaz He is the Npc cleric right now if your ready go to The IC thread I will post a spoiler to get you in.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Oops, I thought I added background and description.

For appearance look at the attatched picture (should be a morningstar with the spikes designed like sunrays, not a mace).

Attachments

• Jozan.jpg
    Jozan.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
o.k. {kool pic btw) if your ready will post spoiler here

[sblock=WD only] Midias enter the village (i.e. Winterhaven) looking for his friend who had set out to discovery an old temple to Hyrag. But as he approached the barkeeper made his annoucement (see IC post #1) and Midias thought he should help (NG right?). Midias was put into the furtrappers group and they were told to boat up river till it hit the creek and then come back down south and east till they get to the appletree. Your party never got started after they had put the boat ashore and were getting out they were ambushed, by larger versions of the skinks (lizardmen) and one was at least 10 feet tall with a head like that of a crocodilles. The furtrapper was killed the rest of the party scattered and you were chased and got lost from the others. You contiuned south following the plan looking for the others. You heard the sounds of battle and have headed in that direction maybe the group needs you.

When you get close to the other Pc's let me know what you do you will remember some of them from the gathering before you went into the boat. It will just be after the fight as the last post I put in the IC reads now so you may post if you like or watch from a distance your choice.[/sblock]

ONE

Last edited:

Remove ads