OOC for The Lost Son

Jerrand Redband

First Post
o.k that's two 50% i'll start making some new rules things will change alittle and in your favors because it's a campagin

thought Fethwynyth would be interested in a dark portal to another plane

O.K. will post rules below and add links to them when needed

Last edited:

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Uhm, do you stop the current adventure and change to Kots immediatly?

Or will Midias fight against skinks?

Midias won't fight against the skinks there is only one left lol he will be coming in right after the battle finishes up

No I am going to merge the Lost Son and KotS (already started with Midias :) ) so after the fight the party will continue to look for Nebin and then I think the party will be ready for the next adventure to cross their path. And by the way don't worry to much about being a spoiler I've already changed the kobolds to orcs and gotten rid of the burial mound encounter the flavor/goals will be the same how the party goes about acommplishing them will be different And now I get to make more campaign rules WOO HOO

Jerrand Redband

First Post
Re Post

NOTE: DO NOT MAKE ANY OF THESE CHANGES YET WE WILL MAKE CHANGES DURING LEVEL UP THANKS

O.K. couple rules to get started and shouldn't change what's going on right now in The Lost Son

Character Generation: since characters should be "better" (or more heroic) than everyone else here are a couple changes

1.Ability Increase: starting characters where bought with 30pts will increase this by 6pts (to 36pts) with a cap of 19 with racial bonus to a stat

2.XP: After reviewing the encounters and plot hooks (and Leif's doubling ideal) I think I'm going to only double roleplay and quest experience. This will make for better interaction with NPC's and keep people focused on completing the quest not monster bashing. If anyone has forgotten what I wrote about XP in the house-non rules (another point for Leif) it is here

3.Classes: I was playing the classes as in the book but I have a house rule that I will use here: Players may "change out" a given feat/ability for their class at character creation only. Changing out means taking a feat or ability that the class starts with (armor feat, shield feat, a wizards scribe scroll bonus feat, the summon familiar or animal companion "abilities") and taking either a new feat or making two cross-class skills into class skills. This is like customizing your character at creation and everyone will have a chance to do this. Some abilities cannot be changed out a ranger without wild empathy isn't intune enough to be called a ranger so some abilities you can't get rid of. I will let you know as it comes about. This is to customize characters as you want if you play a fighter/archer and you have him as a hunter type you could trade out both medium and heavy armor for 4 new class skills(like move silently, survival, spot, and knowledge nature) and trade your shield feat for the track feat. If you know your wizard will never scribe a scroll above 1st level because you don't want to lose the xp then trade that in for toughness or spell focus or something he will use. More on this later.

4.Skills: All character classes have there skill points/lvl increased by 2 points.(i.e. Fighter 4+ INT/lvl; Ranger 8+INT/lvl; Rogue 10+INT/lvl etc.)
just gives more varitey and stops fighters (and others) from taking the same skills all the time.

5.Feats: Every character gets a bonus +2/+2 feat or Skill Focus Feat choice one that would be a good descriptor of your character; sneaky, athletic, agile, etc. (since noone would take these feats otherwise)

6.Equipment: Characters start with the maxium gold for their class.

That does it for character generation -- Campaign rules tomorrow

and i think we should recurit someone to play a Rogue what do you all think???

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
coolness! I'll have fun with those new rules when Fethwynyth levels up! Any chance I could switch out the "summon familiar" ability for a rogue's "trap finding" ability? :D Just in case you don't want to recruit a rogue, that is. If you do recruit, I won't want to impinge on our rogue's turf!

Oh yeah, and can I make a suggestion? Why don't you just double our xp awards instead of lowering the amount needed to level up?

Jerrand Redband

First Post
didn't say you could multiclass at 1st lvl lol besides can only get feats and skills not abilities

If we get no rouge I'll pop in a find traps wand for the cleric don't know what you will do though if you find anything

BTW was that a no vote for recuriting one more?? I thought I 'd recurit while we finish The Lost Son and level up

double xp that would work too why does it sound though that It would be harder I don't give out the standards found in the DMG I only use it as a guideline if I did use it and then added in roleplay and finished quest rewards everyone would go up a level every encouter hmmm... in PBP that might not be to bad

What's going on in ToEE I haven't gotten to AXE anything as of yet lol

Leif

Adventurer
Ok, ok, sorry. :D I guess F will have to look for a feat to replace Summon Familiar.

And, NO, that wasn't a vote against recruiting one more, it was just an idea that occurred to me.

ToEE: Patience, Padawan, Patience! (<--DM Rhun said that to me when I first joined this game.) Personally, Trevor is glad that he hasn't gotten the snot beat out of him for at least a little while. But, I'm sure that we will find more combat than we bargained for all too soon!

Remove ads