• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) FR Adventure - Vampires of Waterdeep! [FULL]

Voadam

Legend
All right, my full suspicions fell on the brown frock lady after seeing her picture. That pic just screams "I have some animal disease" to me. :)

Hey all,

Funny comments about the pics....:lol: It's nice of Paizo to make them available, they add a lot to the game, I think.

The next turn is coming up soon, likely tomorrow. I've just been swamped with Real Life.

Thanks,
-PP

Bloodweaver1

First Post
My intent with my contingent post is to get some kind of obvious 'WTF' reaction out of her if she is indeed a vampire. I would imagine she would show some kind of visible surprise when her partner is all off a sudden talking to an invisible woman (not quite wonder women though).

-Blood

Thanee

First Post
Voadam, a few things of note, hope you don't mind... :)

move action to rise, fere action draw his silver animal bane weapon as he charges a werewolf and attacks from 10' reach. Any AoOs from reach or hold the line (if they charge me) will be with the sword.

1) I don't think you can stand up and draw a weapon as one move action normally.

If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you can combine one of these actions (i.e. draw a weapon) with a regular move.

AFAIK, this regular move is not taking any move action, but only taking a move action to actually move (from square to square). Of course, this could easily be ruled as being close enough, so it works. I would probably do so. :)

2) Charging is not possible, I'm afraid, since Charge is a full-round action and you cannot take a 'partial charge' unless you are restricted to taking standard or move actions only.

If you are able to take only a standard action or a move action on your turn, you can still charge, but you are only allowed to move up to your speed (instead of up to double your speed). You can’t use this option unless you are restricted to taking only a standard action or move action on your turn.

However, if any of the opponents is within 15 ft. of Wollf's starting square, a 5-ft. step would be suffice to make an attack (but it might have to be with a natural weapon or unarmed (see 1) )).

3) Hold the Line? I might be missing something, but I didn't see that feat on your sheet. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee said:
Voadam, a few things of note, hope you don't mind... :)

1) I don't think you can stand up and draw a weapon as one move action normally.

AFAIK, this regular move is not taking any move action, but only taking a move action to actually move (from square to square). Of course, this could easily be ruled as being close enough, so it works. I would probably do so. :)

Even though it may be taking some liberties with the RAW, I'll go ahead and allow Wollf to stand and draw his weapon as one Move Action. I've always found this particular rule to be a bit annoying...sort of counter-intuitive. These are seasoned adventurers, after all...they should be able to draw weapons quickly.

Thanee said:
2) Charging is not possible, I'm afraid, since Charge is a full-round action and you cannot take a 'partial charge' unless you are restricted to taking standard or move actions only.

However, if any of the opponents is within 15 ft. of Wollf's starting square, a 5-ft. step would be suffice to make an attack (but it might have to be with a natural weapon or unarmed (see 1) )).

I suspect Voadam may have just been using 'charge' as descriptive word, and not intending it to describe Wollf's action in terms of a game mechanic.

Thanee said:
3) Hold the Line? I might be missing something, but I didn't see that feat on your sheet. ;)

Nope, no Hold the Line feat there....but the comment about AOO's is applicable.

-PP

Thanee

First Post
Professor Parsnip said:
I suspect Voadam may have just been using 'charge' as descriptive word, and not intending it to describe Wollf's action in terms of a game mechanic.

Thought that, too, at first, but then he would still need an extra move action to stand up, move in and attack. ;)

Therefore I think he meant the 'partial charge'. But Voadam can surely shed some light on it. :)

Bye
Thanee

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads