(OOC) FR Adventure - Vampires of Waterdeep! [FULL]

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Professor Parsnip said:
Blood,

I wanted to say something about this....

I applaud your use of creative thinking in this case. Under different circumstances, I would have been happy to play it out, and see how things transpired. In this case, however, I wanted to convey that the Malarite priestess wasn't actually interested in conversing with anyone. Her sole goal was to commence the High Hunt of Lord Orlpar, so there just wasn't time to execute Caladan's plan.

I mention this just because I don't want the players thinking I'm a railroader. Actually, I encourage all of you to 'think outside the box' (if I may borrow a horribly overdone cliche) :)

Keep up the good work!
-PP

No worries!
I actually wasn't thinking of that at all.
Though I did wish that I had some kind of curative potion instead. Pour that into cup and then 'accidently' spill it onto an unsuspecting Vampire would have been good for a laugh or two. :D

-Blood

Thanee

First Post
Oh, one thing of note, which might be quite important... unless these werewolves are actually undead (which might very well be the case, you never know), they won't really be affected by the turning attempt!

And a minor observation...

Jana loses access to her 6th level spell, and one 5th level spell (Thanee's choice)

Only spell slots are lost, not spells known. So, Jana has lost two 6th level slots.

If the victim casts spells, she loses access to one spell as if she had cast her highest-level, currently available spell.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Thanee said:
I guess that means I'll need those, huh... :uhoh:

;)

Err... did you roll a 4 or a 7?

Bye
Thanee

I think I might be in a similar situation shortly, I don't even have my mage armor going and I'm a melee fighter.

Thanee

First Post
Thanee said:
Err... did you roll a 4 or a 7?

I think I figured it out how you got to 17...

Jana only has a caster level of 12, not 13 (1st Eldritch Knight level doesn't improve spellcasting ability); and False Life is capped at +10, so a roll of 4 results in 14 temporary hit points (3 less than what you used).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee said:
Oh, one thing of note, which might be quite important... unless these werewolves are actually undead (which might very well be the case, you never know), they won't really be affected by the turning attempt!

Bye
Thanee

Yep, I'm quite certain that those werewolves were destroyed by Caladan's turning! :)

The first clue should have been when Jana was nailed with that Energy Drain. ;)

-PP

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Yea I know right.
Even though it work out to our advantage my original intent was to get the Vampire Queen.
Oh well, I'm not complaining! :D

Prof-
This doesn't matter as the out come would have been the same. However, with a turning check of 29 (nice roll by way) my max effective HD would be 18, not 17. Not too sure if you included Improved Turning into your calculations. Don't mean to be stepping in on any toes here. :heh:

I'll post my second round actions tonight.

-Blood

Thanee

First Post
Professor Parsnip said:
The first clue should have been when Jana was nailed with that Energy Drain.

Yes, yes, I got that. But, that could have other reasons, too.

Ok, just wanted to be sure. :)

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads