OOC - From the Outside

GlassEye

Adventurer
I like it, particularly the Edit since that's an easy play into the story for both my characters. I am actually still debating whether Khirynnax should be Neutral or Chaotic. Either way he could he could do things he may not normally in order to get the thing he wants. And if he were chaotic and following his own agenda (destroying a symbol of civilization) caused the raid to go bad... Though I hope he would have managed it without the others knowing because I'd rather not start with a bunch of other characters mad at one of mine.

But Khirynnax as troll lackey/spy has its appeal, too.

So many possible variations...

Leif

Adventurer
Added Khirynnax the Skinchanger to my post above with Trickle.

How're things coming with you, [MENTION=48762]Leif[/MENTION] ?
Not so good, I'm afraid. Turns out that my good intentions aren't worth much without some supporting actions. If you guys want me to bow out, I'll totally understand. No hard feelings, I'm just not having the time available that I expected. Otherwise, maybe I can at least get something done this weekend?

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Leif: I think you got time, what with Doghead in the throes of a moving frenzy and all. ;)

Character creation by itself is not all that long, once you've settled on a playbook: just assign the pre-rolled stats (reading the chapter on Basic Moves (p.58 or HERE in the SRD) if you want to finetune it) and check the 4 or five choices you have available. And you're done!

What are your thoughts on the general background I just proposed? Does it fit with what you had in mind for your guys?

GlassEye: Glad you like it, GlassEye. :) Let us know what version you settle on so I know if my PCs need to give (one of) yours the stinkeye (or broken bones, as the case may be).

And mind you, the original fourth item about the effects of eating fey-food might STILL be true, but the troll is keeping that perticular chestnut cozy in his back pocket, just in case we start to misbehave somewhere down the road or something... :devil: :devil:

EDIT= Oh and Doghead did say we didn't necesseraly NEED to all have two characters. If that's all you have time for, one would be loads better than none, right?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
So what are these things you call 'playbooks?'

Also from my scan of the srd, it looks like it's not allowed to be multiclassed at the beginning. I guess that means that my m-u/t will become just a thief for now, unless someone already has dibs on the thief. Still want to make the other character the cleric, if that slot is available.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Hey there Leif.

A playbook is basically a DW character class. The SRD has the base seven playbooks (Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Thief, Wizard), but there are a number of other playbooks available for, litterally, a couple of bucks at Drivethru RPG, amongst other places. Some of these have mixes of mage and rogue elements in them. If you remember, I mentionned some possible cool ones in THIS POST HERE and HERE.

GlassEye has already come up with a thief character for this game HERE, but I guess we could always have two?

GlassEye

Adventurer
I don't know about having two thieves but I certainly don't mind giving up the Thief slot to Leif. And that might make it easier for Leif since all he would have to do is quote my post with Trickle then change the changeable stuff (name, stats, race, gear, ?) and he would be done with one character. Then I could switch to wizard with little problem.

Leif

Adventurer
No GE, I surrender the thief slot to you. I had already planned to play a cleric [human, lawful], and I'll make my other character a straight wizard [elf, good].

GlassEye

Adventurer
No, no, that's not what I meant. I only meant that the play style of spellcasters is similiar and that you might not want to play two of them. If you're fine with it then that's great.

Remove ads