• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ooc] gng - nameless [4/4]

doghead

thotd
I don't have a list of concepts - they can come from anywhere. In the original game, everyone was one of the NPC classes, so their concepts sprang out of that - Nate the Blacksmith, Oscar the Noble, Hewik the Herder and so on.

A ranger/hunter/woodsman would be easy to place in Killingtom, the groups destination and where we will start the next ic. Killingtom is a small town/large village serving those who make their living from the surrounding wilds.

But the town is large enough to also include more urban types as well.

For any 'class' abilities, well any abilities really, I would like to see some explaination in the background. Particularly for the more exotic/'fantastic' ones like spellcasting or animal empathy. Narrative coherance takes the place of class progressions in guiding the characters development.

If its an option, you can access the 3.5 SRD here. I do everything off the SRD. This one is fairly low key as well.

the head of the dog.

doghead

thotd
OK. Just see your new posts and edits.

Stats: Your rolls give you a 23 point character - you can up that to 30 points (if you want).

I don't know Joscelin from Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel. But the idea behind the generation system is to allow players the flexibity to create the concept they want (but not necessarily the complete character - at least not at first level). Hopefully it will work for you here.

doghead

Seonaid

Explorer
If you're still around, the only thing I really have a question on is my character sheet. It's not done (and won't be done any time soon), but if you could take a glance at it before you leave and note anything wrong, that would be lovely. If you'd rather I wait until I'm done, that's fine too. Thanks!

Edit: The question I did have is about proficiencies. WP only applies to one weapon, so if we take that as a new feat, is that still the case?

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Still here for a bit.

Concept: How about this. Landcarl. Landcarls are individuals given the responsibity for managing the more far flung lands of a lord. Their brief is fairly wide and loose - its more a matter of custom than contract. But basically it boils down to protecting the economic value of the land from being degraded by the activities of others. Whether that be over exploitation or wild beasts. They do not have much authority to order others around directly, but can bring matters to the Baliff, Mayor, Lord or whatever of the region. So their word carries significant weight in many places.

Just a thought. Feel free to weigh in on the idea.

Feats: WP (simple) applies to all simple weapons, WP (matial) applies to one type of weapon (ie : bows or swords), WP (exotic) applies to one type weapon, although the 'types' generally include only one example. I treat Shield Proficiency as a progression from AP (light), although a progression from WP (simple) makes sense also.

CPs: Your CP spend for Level 1 looks fine.

doghead

thotd
STATUS UPDATE
I can't seem to keep it straight in my head

-- active --

Nate L2 Human Male (Blacksmith) - almost complete
DrZombie

Fredar L2 Human Male (Ner-do-well) - almost complete
Maerdwyn

Craddoc L2 Human Male (Mountain farmer) - conversion started
Nac Mac Feegle

*** L2 Human Male (Forester?) - character started
Seonaid

-- mia --

Cromwell L2 Half-Orc Male (Soldier) - ???
Thomas Hobbes

Oscar L2 Human Male (Noble) - ???.
Argent Silvermage

OK, so I'm phutsing. The short answer is that there are four active players and 6 slots.

So Temujin, making a character is the way to go, I allocate slots on the basis of complete characters rather than expressions of interest. I've see too many of those turn out to be phantoms.

Am I sounding grumpy? Funny, I don't feel grumpy today. Must be the heat - 1am and still not much under 30 degrees.

Friends, Romans and Countrymen.
Give me your characters and I will give you a game.

What an appalling mismash. Time to go.

Just a note on concepts - basically they represent the characters current position or image of themselves. They can change over time. I wonder if it might be worth distinguishing original social position from concept.

Temujin

First Post
Well... this is what I have so far.. I'm figuring for a young, thuggish, streetrat type.

Owen Merrick
Human Male 1
Concept: scoundrel/streetrat

Height: 5'06"
Weight: 164 lbs
Eyes: brown
Hair: brown (straggly, thick, short)

Initiative: +2 [+2 Dex]
Speed: 30 ft.
Defense: +7 [+3 BDB, +3 BaseRef +0 Size, +1 Shield (TwD)]
Soak: +5 [+2 Con, +0 Size, +2 Armour, +0 Natural Armour +1 Toughness]
BAB: +1
* melee +3 Dagger (1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
* ranged +3 Dagger (1d4+2, 19-20/x2, 10 ft.)
Full Attack: Dagger/Dagger +1/+1 (1d4+2/1d4+2, 19-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sneak Attack +4
Special Qualities: xxx
Saves: Fortitude 3/+5, Reflex 2/+4, Will 1/+3.
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 12
Skills: xxx x/+x [+x Ability, +x Feat, +x Racial]
Feats: Toughness, Sneak Attack +4, Two Weapon Fighting, Two Weapon Defense.
Languages: Common, Orc.
Equipment:
* Worn/Carried:xxx (x lb.), xxx (x lb.).
* In Backpack: xxx (x lb.), xxx (x lb.).
* In Pouch: xxx (x lb.), xxx (x lb.).
* On Mount: xxx (x lb.), xxx (x lb.).

Appearance:

Personality:

Backstory:

-- Build Notes --

Level 1 [12 CP build]
bab: 0.5[auto]
base saves: WILL +1 [auto], REF +2 [2 CP], FORT +1 [1 CP]
skill points: 4 [auto +1 human] = 5*4 = 20
feats: light ap [auto], simple wp [auto], entry: Toughness [human], TWF [4 CP], Sneak Attack +2 [5 Cp].

Level 2 [8 CP build]
bab: 0.5 [auto]
bases saves: FORT +1 [auto].
skills points: 4 [auto + 1 human] = 5
feats: Sneak Attack +4 [5 CP], Two Weapon Defense [3 CP].

Seonaid

Explorer
Is the landcarl concept a stationary one (i.e., tied to the land)? Is it a landowning one, or does the carl merely hold the land for the owner? --Landowner sounds good to me, but I was thinking less stationary and more traveling.

Small changes made to character notes above.

Remove ads