[OOC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
m_s_ifland said:
Thank you, I'll get started right away with the points thing, filling it out.

Keep in mind that recruiting for this game is open until Tuesday, and there are only 4-6 spot available, so everyone that submits a character may not get a spot. I'll be selecting the characters that I think will fit in best with the adventure and with each other.

Without giving away what I have planned, however, I'll tell you this much. Being a dwarf, your chances are good. ;)

IG

industrygothica

Adventurer
Check the top post for a list of submissions that will be considered. This doesn't mean you've got the spot, just that you'll be considered after Tuesday.

IG

Grimror

First Post
Kathos - Unconventional Monk

I may be a little late, but I can't pass up on this one.

I'll throw my hat in as a streetwise half-orc monk named Kathos that received no training from any monestary or master, but simply learned to fight unarmed from his rough upbringing in the slums of Greyhawk. His skin is rough and leathery and greenish, and he sports a thin, long, braided goattee. He dresses rather unremarkably and is often mistaken for a simple commoner. He enjoys fine food and ale, as well as the occasional brawl at the local tavern.

One day, however, he picked the wrong fight with the wrong person. He suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of a skilled monk claiming to be from distant lands. The man wore red and black robes and wore a medallion wrought of some kind of red tinted metal bearing the emblem of a salamander, which Kathos managed to pluck off the monk's neck unnoticed.

It wasn't until the next day that he realized the gravity of the situation. He soon discovered the red and black robed monks were scouring all the taverns in Greyhawk searching for him. He skipped town fast and has since taken up the life of an adventurer for hire - never in one place for too long and always looking for ways to better his skills as a fighter (and if he makes a little gold in the process, all the better).

Mista Collins

First Post
Tanith Dathius, 5th level Wizard (Illusionist)

Stat block updated. You didn't mention starting gold, so I went with what the DMG said for a 5th level character. I didn't spend more than 50% on one item.

The background, appearance, and other details of Tanith will be updated soon.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Grimror said:
I may be a little late, but I can't pass up on this one.

I'll throw my hat in as a streetwise half-orc monk named Kathos that received no training from any monestary or master, but simply learned to fight unarmed from his rough upbringing in the slums of Greyhawk. His skin is rough and leathery and greenish, and he sports a thin, long, braided goattee. He dresses rather unremarkably and is often mistaken for a simple commoner. He enjoys fine food and ale, as well as the occasional brawl at the local tavern.

One day, however, he picked the wrong fight with the wrong person. He suffered a humiliating defeat at the hands of a skilled monk claiming to be from distant lands. The man wore red and black robes and wore a medallion wrought of some kind of red tinted metal bearing the emblem of a salamander, which Kathos managed to pluck off the monk's neck unnoticed.

It wasn't until the next day that he realized the gravity of the situation. He soon discovered the red and black robed monks were scouring all the taverns in Greyhawk searching for him. He skipped town fast and has since taken up the life of an adventurer for hire - never in one place for too long and always looking for ways to better his skills as a fighter (and if he makes a little gold in the process, all the better).

The only problem I have here is that your character is from Greyhawk, and I haven't identified a specific campaign world yet. Although I suppose Greyhawk is as good a place as any, I'm not especially familiar with a lot of it. I'll assume that the red-robed monks you're referring to are those of the Scarlet Brotherhood?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
Stat block updated. You didn't mention starting gold, so I went with what the DMG said for a 5th level character. I didn't spend more than 50% on one item.

The background, appearance, and other details of Tanith will be updated soon.

I don't have access to a DMG at the moment, but from what I can see it all looks good so far.

IG

IamTheTest

First Post
IG: If you would prefer PHB races only I will happily come up with another idea. Elan is in the SRD so I thought itd be okay. Either way Im happy. Just let me know.

industrygothica

Adventurer
IamTheTest said:
IG: If you would prefer PHB races only I will happily come up with another idea. Elan is in the SRD so I thought itd be okay. Either way Im happy. Just let me know.

I think the Elan will work just fine. It is in the SRD, and there is no level adjustment, which is the main reason I wanted PHB only races, so I think we'll be able to work with the rest. Sounds like an interesting character, really.

wmasters

First Post
Hi IG,

I'll throw my character in to the pot as well. I've not really sorted equipment yet, but the premise is there.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Scodi Karakus
[B]Class:[/B] Bard
[B]Race:[/B] Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Moradin

[B]Str:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)                         [B]Level:[/B] 5        [B]XP:[/B] 10,000
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)                         [B]BAB:[/B] +3         [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=Red]?/?[/COLOR] (5d6+15)
[B]Con:[/B] 16 +2 (6p. +2 racial)               [B]Grapple:[/B] +5     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-
[B]Int:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)                         [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 8 -1 (0p.)                          [B]Init:[/B] +5        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +2
[B]Cha:[/B] 14 +1 (8p. + 1 level -2 racial)     [B]ACP:[/B] -1         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +4    +0    +1    +0    +0    +0    15
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 14

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                     +1    +3          +4
[B]Ref:[/B]                      +4    +1          +5
[B]Will:[/B]                     +4    -1          +3

[B]Weapon                   Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Longspear                  +5    1d8+3       20/x2
Dagger (thrown, 10ft)      +4     1d4+2      19-20x2
Dagger (melee)             +5     1d4+2      19-20x2
C. Shortbow (ranged, 70ft) +4     1d6+2      20/x3

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Dwarf, Undercommon

[B]Racial Abilities:[/B] 
Darkvision 60ft
+2 Fort saves vs poison
Stonecunning (+2 check to notice unusual stonework, can notice by passing within 10ft)
Stability (+4 to resist being tripped)
+2 on saves to resist spells and spell-like effects
+1 attack and damage against orcs and goblinoids
+4 dodge bonus against giants
+2 on Appraise and Craft checks relating to stone or metal

[B]Class Abilities:[/B]
Can cast bard spells while wearing light armour without spell failure
Bardic Knowledge 1d20+8
Bardic Music: Countersong, Fascinate, Inspire Courage, Inspire Competence

[B]Feats:[/B] Improved Intiative, Eschew Materials

[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
Bluff                      5    +2          +7
Concentration              8    +3          +11
Diplomacy                  8    +2   +6     +16
Gather Information         8    +2          +10
Intimidate                 0    +2   +2     +4
Knowledge (history)        5    +1          +6
Knowledge (local)          1    +1          +2
Knowledge (nobility)       5    +1          +6
Perform (drums)            8    +2   +2    +12
Sense Motive               8    -1          +7

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
M/W Chain Shirt             
Longspear
2 Daggers
Sling 
Bullets
Backpack

[B]Total Weight:[/B]lb      [B]Money:[/B] 

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]               58   116   175   350   875

[B]Age:[/B] 59
[B]Height:[/B] 3'11"
[B]Weight:[/B] 150lb
[/sblock][sblock=Spells]Orisons (3): Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Mending, Message, Prestidigitation, Summon Instrument
1st level (4): Comprehend Languages, Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat, Grease
2nd level (2): Cure Moderate Wounds, Heroism, Silence

Caster level 5, Save DC: Spell level +2[/sblock][sblock=Appearance]Scodi is a well built dwarf with black hair laced with a hint grey. Trim and quite smart, he takes care over his appearance, endeavouring to make the best impressions that he can. His cheery smile is both friendly and welcoming. [/sblock][sblock=Background]Those who know him well know that Scodi's cheery facade is a front for a much troubled dwarf. A great battle, he had vowed that he would aid his countrymen, and march in to battle alongside them, his war drums playing a marching tune.

Of course, it was all good and well saying that you'll help, meaning to do well. When he saw the wall of orcs, Scodi's heart raced. He didn't want to die and he wasn't one to fight them. His drums lead the dwarves to the orcs and then there was chaos. In the ensuing battle, Scodi slipped away, found a mound of rocks and hid, praying to Moradin that he would not be found.

The battle was a costly one, with many casualties with both orcs and dwarves alike. It preys on his mind to this day that he could have done more, he could have, and that the deaths of some of his allies remain on his hands. Now he travels, doing what he can to make amends for his sins. The fear still remains, and sets in every time he goes to battle, but he thinks perhaps that death is no more than he deserves.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads