OOC Kingdom of Ashes (Spies Like Us)

Xath

Moder-gator
(3) We need to find out Tain's extended family tree. Could pass off as very distant relations... or, maybe we could even *be* some distant family relations.

There's a spell in the beef that let's you know one person's ancestry back 10 generations. Although, someone around may know. Some of the older elves have probably lived long enough to remember.

The only reason that we would not be able to walk into Thanesport is if the city is under attack. At current, I believe we've been told that it is... however, I suspect that that is a lie (since that's what Kennon just whispered).

If one of the characters is a mage of some variety, they can get scrolls of Sending to deliver messages, as well.

However, I really like pigeons. I think they're cool.

Xath said:
There's a spell in the beef that let's you know one person's ancestry back 10 generations. Although, someone around may know. Some of the older elves have probably lived long enough to remember.
What book is that spell in?

However, I think there's lots we need to know before we can actually plan *how* we are going to get into the palace/close to Tain. Like whether or not Thanesport is under attack and what kind of security is there around the city if it is not under attack.

Moreover, simply posing as nobles seems like it could cause more harm than good... one *could* attempt to convince him that their house is going to support him... however, he could also just kill them - since that seems to be what he is doing with the nobles, anyway.

The_Universe

First Post
Good ideas. I especially like the idea of having some ranger levels in there.

Tain has shown himself willing to use spellcasters with impugnity, despite Nightgrove's distaste. Not only was Selura a spellcaster, so was Blackadder - so far a majority of the inner circle that you've met.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Moreover, simply posing as nobles seems like it could cause more harm than good... one *could* attempt to convince him that their house is going to support him... however, he could also just kill them - since that seems to be what he is doing with the nobles, anyway.
The Nobles have already given him their support. That's why he's the king. Some may have secretly supported Jaine, but in public the Nobles bow to their rightful Liege - Tain Hawkson I.

In short, just saying, "we support you" wouldn't be enough. You'd have to have something else to give him....

The_Universe said:
The Nobles have already given him their support. That's why he's the king. Some may have secretly supported Jaine, but in public the Nobles bow to their rightful Liege - Tain Hawkson I.

In short, just saying, "we support you" wouldn't be enough. You'd have to have something else to give him....
Things we can give Tain/Ways we can get close:

(1) "Information" about the rebellion - example, we were captives of the rebellion. We don't tell them true stories... just use it as a means to look like we're on his side.

(2) One female PC poses as a female noble of some sort or another. She claims that this rebellion has "taken away" her fiancee either because he willingly joined and was killed or was simply killed by the rebellion. Now, she and her bodyguard and handmaiden/whoever can play, have come to ask Tain's help in avenging her lost love.

(3) We pose as distant relatives of Jaine - terrified that we will be linked to the rebellion and ask for the king's protection, as well as providing dissent from Jaine's family on her claim to the throne.

(4) We use the altered prophecy idea. Claiming that we, when taking by the rebellion in the "liberation" of Oceanus (we'd probably call it the slaughter) happened upon it/overheard something about it/whatever... offer it to him for protection from the deadly Circle.

(5) We use a decoy NPC that is a "member of the circle" (we pass this off by saying that Xath or L'Aurel has died and this is her, reincarnated). We're here to collect our bounty - but, we want more than just money.

These are ideas that I have off the top of my head... will think of more later.

The_Universe said:

I meant support of his war. Word has to be spreading that the Phoenix Rebellion thinks he is responsible... if we pass ourselves off as nobels that have heard this rumor, we could offer him support from that angle.

Certainly, he did not have the support of all of the nobles in calling the Draconids in.

Remove ads