OOC Kingdom of Ashes (Spies Like Us)

Laurel

First Post
Archon said:
hey guys,
i'm back finnally and able to contribute.
Everything is looking pretty good so far, i like the one noble with a couple servants idea, hell, it could be a pair of nobles that lost a son or daughter to the rebellion if we want to. Annd we could pull a "Luke-give-Jabba-his-droids" with one or two of the servants we bring. We present it as a gift and that gives us a couple angles to get info from him.
Good to see ya again :)

I like the angle of presents.... good twist, and would allow and easier way to cover more ground and different times, events, and people.

A noble couple could work very easily, that would just depend on numbers playing this game. If it ends up being only two people to get more diversity one noble/one servant works better, bigger group many more options.
But it's an easy change and may give extra angles to the tales and such. Kid, sibling, husband, and lover are all highly emotional losses and could easily push someone to revenge warpath, so again any could work. :)

Last edited:

I really like the idea of having a high level druid. The whole being able to change into a cat and sulk around the palace is very appealing...

Can you see a Wild Shaped person with True Seeing?

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Can you see a Wild Shaped person with True Seeing?
SRD said:
Wild Shape (Su): ...This ability functions like the polymorph spell, except as noted here.
exceptions is that it turns the person into an animal a specific umber days, sizes and some specific alternate forms.
SRD said:
True Seeing... The subject sees through normal and magical darkness, notices secret doors hidden by magic, sees the exact locations of creatures or objects under blur or displacement effects, sees invisible creatures or objects normally, sees through illusions, and sees the true form of polymorphed, changed, or transmuted things.
So yes, it sees through wild shape.
Things it does not see through:
SRD said:
True seeing, however, does not penetrate solid objects. It in no way confers X-ray vision or its equivalent. It does not negate concealment, including that caused by fog and the like. True seeing does not help the viewer see through mundane disguises, spot creatures who are simply hiding, or notice secret doors hidden by mundane means. In addition, the spell effects cannot be further enhanced with known magic, so one cannot use true seeing through a crystal ball or in conjunction with clairaudience/clairvoyance.

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
exceptions is that it turns the person into an animal a specific umber days, sizes and some specific alternate forms.
So yes, it sees through wild shape.
Things it does not see through:
Cool. All good things to know.

Need some very well trained rodents that can slink about the palace... and then come back and tell us what they heard.

Additionally, I think we should give the king a plant when we visit... some beautiful, exotic potted flower or something... then, later, we can speak with it.

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Need some very well trained rodents that can slink about the palace... and then come back and tell us what they heard.

Additionally, I think we should give the king a plant when we visit... some beautiful, exotic potted flower or something... then, later, we can speak with it.
Saw those ideas on the help us plan thread. Some other good ones too.

um... we would have to find something with slightly more int. then most rodents. A creature with a int of 2 no matter what it sees still only has an int. of 2. :)

Plant's always good just have to bring it back to Hyrwl or have a druid in the group.
to King: Here's a bonsi
Few days later: your not treating it right we need to take it back
Action: bonsi to hywrl
To King: here king here's another one.

If druid in group he may already have a plant in his room... not sure how speak with plants works.... hmmm, have to look that up (though I should know this one!) :)

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
If druid in group he may already have a plant in his room... not sure how speak with plants works.... hmmm, have to look that up (though I should know this one!) :)
I'm picturing a good cop/bad cop scene, yelling at a house fern. "Where were you last night?"

"He's not answering, Lenny - maybe we need to see if this guy's got a record. He's been hanging around some noxious weeds...."

"You don't want us to find out what you've been doing, Plant. Tell us what you know and we might be lenient!"

Laurel

First Post
A short inquiry

Is there any way that if this ends up not being played out by PCs that it can still happen in the background with NPCs? Using everything we have suggested as the partial plan and goal and such....?

It is a very cool idea and worth sending people to try, but the longer it can happen the better. Just don't want months of in game time to pass and then it's useless or we can't go back or it can't happen at all..... :)

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Is there any way that if this ends up not being played out by PCs that it can still happen in the background with NPCs? Using everything we have suggested as the partial plan and goal and such....?

It is a very cool idea and worth sending people to try, but the longer it can happen the better. Just don't want months of in game time to pass and then it's useless or we can't go back or it can't happen at all..... :)
Yes. It can be considered to be happening (or at least assumed that your people are attempting to make it happen) even if you don't play it out.

Remove ads