OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
invitation received and accepted.

I still like what was suggested earlier by Fangor, Hair of the dog.

doghead

thotd
I have just discovered that I have 28 subscribed threads that I didn't know about.

Its bed time for this little black duck. I get around to the new posts tomorrow.

Great work everyone.

thotd

Axel

First Post
good night to the other side of the world, and good [rainy] morning to my side of the world.

Eh? It's hot, humid, dusty and generally :):):):):):). Like every day in Pannawonica. Going home tomorrow :)

Not so long ago I took a photo of the information board near the main workshop. 0830am, temperature: 37 Celsius.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I come up 99 deg F., oh fun!

yesturday'high was 77 F, today's 68 F, present is 34 F and this summer in June, July, August it was 105 F

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
I come up 99 deg F., oh fun!

yesturday'high was 77 F, today's 68 F, present is 34 F and this summer in June, July, August it was 105 F

Yeah, that's your daily high temperature... Daily highs in Panna-dise can easily pass 45 Celsius in "summer". Which is also cyclone season. Humidity can often pass 80-85% at the same time. This is a delightful part of the world to work in...

doghead

thotd
This is a delightful part of the world to work in...

Perth, however, is particularly nice at this time of the year. Especially if you are on the coast.

Electric Wizard said:
Do you allow untrained Knowledge skill checks?

Yes, if the character has some form of exposure to the subject. The rules allow for the possibility of characters knowing something up to DC10 (really easy questions).

Bards can do so without any DC limitation as a benefit of their Bardic Knowledge.

Scott DeWar said:
'singing skeleton': knowledge planes, religion
gnolls, goblins: knowledge geography
fey folk: knowledge nature

note: geography and netherworld are only two trained.
Netherworld roll is to see if anything ties in there.

Skill: Knowledge -Netherworld: 1d20 + 7 = 13
Skill: Knowledge -Nature: 1d20 + 6 = 26
Skill: Knowledge -Geography-untrained: 1d20 + 7 = 12
Skill: Knowledge -Planes: 1d20 + 6 = 14
Skill: Knowledge -Religeon: 1d20 + 6 = 10

[sblock=Jan's Knowledge Checks]1. Singing skeletons are a common folk myth in this land. Skeletons that sing are supposed to be those that have particularly aggrieved their god, or been aggrieved against.

2. Historically, Gnolls have had a presence on this land, although they have not been seen in this region for many years. Goblins are universal, although much less common than the stories would suggest.

3. IIRC, the Chancellor has mentioned the Fey reportedly being seen in the Courts of some lands recently. But nothing you have heard indicates that they are on this land. This is probaly the most interesting, but hard to know if it has substance, or is just another folk tale.

Scott, put longer OOC stuff in this thread or in sblocks if in the IC thread (it makes it easier to differentiate the IC and OOC stuff).[/sblock]

PS: Thank the Lord for caches. I thought that I had lost this post.

thotd

Axel

First Post
Perth, however, is particularly nice at this time of the year. Especially if you are on the coast.

thotd

Perth, Scotland in November is a miserable place. Perth, Western Australian in November is wonderful. Warm without being hot. A little rain from time to time, the odd storm. One of the more attractive features of the south-west of Australia is the weather.

At a most frustrating junction in the IC. I (the player) can see possibilities that Bayar (the meathead) probably wouldn't. Thinking required...

Remove ads