OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

Axel

First Post
Cheers for that doghead, though sorry to hear about the flu-thing. Have had wifi problems at home... Am officially back on the Monday to Friday wagon now, so should have regular access at least 5 days a week.

doghead

thotd
[MENTION=93196]Axel[/MENTION] - You're welcome.

@ All - Hopefully I have given you enough information in the IC thread notes to decide what you want to do. I will generally try and predict the sort of things you might want your character to do, and give you any information you may need. I am not trying to suggest any course of action. (Does that make sense?)

Mini-Stat blocks might be a good addition to posts from here.
[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] - Thanks for bringing the smack-down to old lugo-whatsit.

thotd

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Uh, problem here. Your distances are stated in yards, yet our movement speeds are in feet. I can do the math, but wanted to just get a consensus on which form of measurement we will be utilizing in the game. From what I read, Eban is 20 yards from the edge of the clearing, meaning 60 feet.

Just need to make sure that is correct, as it does impact what I can and cannot do...

doghead

thotd
Uh, problem here. Your distances are stated in yards, yet our movement speeds are in feet. I can do the math, but wanted to just get a consensus on which form of measurement we will be utilizing in the game. From what I read, Eban is 20 yards from the edge of the clearing, meaning 60 feet.

Just need to make sure that is correct, as it does impact what I can and cannot do...

You're right. I have been thinking of movement in yards rather than feet. Embarrassing. Sorry.

My inclination is to leave it as written. ie: Eban is 20 yards (60 feet) from the edge of the clearing, etc. The main implication of this is that Sukri penetrated further into the woods than would be possible in one round. But since we were not actually in 'round based turns' until the attack, it still kind of works.

That been said, as I kind of screwed the pooch on this one, if anyone feels that there character will be disadvantaged asa result, let me know and we can sort a solution.

thotd

Axel

First Post
Consistent distances are fine for me. I did wonder a little about them. Might want to let Electric Wizard rethink Sukri's actions if he didn't realise "the cavalry" was so far away.

Quick question on terrain. Are we able to move 'unrestricted' in the forest, as in running, charging, 5' move = 5' covered etc? Or are there movement penalties and concealment issues?

Electric Wizard

First Post
Consistent distances are fine for me. I did wonder a little about them. Might want to let Electric Wizard rethink Sukri's actions if he didn't realise "the cavalry" was so far away.

I did underestimate how difficult it might be to get help, but I'm cool with letting the chips fall as they are. Sukri is a city boy in the forest, after all. He has a lot to learn.

doghead

thotd
Fangor the Fierce said:
I was hoping to get a chance to post, but updates went without me. I was at ER for most yesterday. Back home now and we'll see how the rest of the week goes.

ER's are never particularly pleasant places. I hope that the rest of the week is better for you.

Fangor the Fierce said:
Actions last round, move last, full speed towards Sukri. This round, if I can reach him, move and heal him 1d8+1 to Sukri.. Otherwise, move 30 feet and ready action to attack the foe if he's within 30 feet. Swift action to use Steel Scarf ability, standard action to attack with melee attack to range of 30 feet. Melee +2 to hit, 1d8 dmg.

Update Round One in the IC thread to reflect. Eban will be in a position to cast heal on Sukri in the coming update.

thotd

Remove ads