• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

doghead

thotd
I'm kind of late to the party, but this setting is intriguing and it's been too long since I've gamed.

Hello EW. It has been a long time since I have gamed as well.

What classes have we so far?
Electric Wizard: a talented young thief who liberated a small exotic box
Scott DeWar: possible bard or wizard
Axel: Paladin
Fangor the Fierce: skill monkey rogue
Ghostcat: Sorcerer (Sage)

An interesting mix.

My thoughts on bringing the party together: We are childhood friends that have haven't seen each other for over 5 years and either (a) bump into each other by (extreme/divine) chance in a city one day, or (b) catch up at a mutual event, like the funeral and wake of a mentor.

The advantage of having the characters as part of a team or group of some sort is that it allows more realistic hooks to tie the party into the story/adventure. It also gives me a good starting point for creating adventures. That been said, it probably would have been easier if I had simply said 'all the characters are X or belong to Y' at the beginning as opposed to leaving it wide open. Something to keep in mind for next time I think. So at this point, in order to push things along, I think I will just say tie the characters together as you feel seems best, and we will go from there.

@ Axel, your character concept seems fine. The level previous military experience, however, would probably be more in keeping with a character with a few levels of warrior or fighter under his belt.

@ Fangor, your character seems fine as well. Given the suck it and see nature of the game, a broad collection of skills is probably a good thing

EDIT - Is it just me, or does anyone else have the problem that page four of this thread won't display? I have tried direct links to posts on that page, to editing the url to list that page, but no luck. I can't get page 4 to display!

There was a slight delay before loading when I checked, but it came up eventually.

@ All, I was going to pull a sample character to use as a character sheet guide but my character thread seems to have disappeared. I am hoping that it (and the 10 years of gaming history it represents) has not gone good. That would make me sad.

I will get a character sheet up once I have loaded all my old gaming stuff back onto this computer.

thotd

Axel

First Post
@ Axel, your character concept seems fine. The level previous military experience, however, would probably be more in keeping with a character with a few levels of warrior or fighter under his belt.

@@ All, I was going to pull a sample character to use as a character sheet guide but my character thread seems to have disappeared. I am hoping that it (and the 10 years of gaming history it represents) has not gone good. That would make me sad.

I will get a character sheet up once I have loaded all my old gaming stuff back onto this computer.

thotd

Noted, and agreed. Part of my relentless flip-flopping on this character is that I haven't made a level 1 character in some time and am struggling to settle on what I want, background and where he will go.

I will wind back the character history to not long after leaving the army, he wanders and doesn't know what to do for a few coins to survive. With what I have in my head (coming by Friday in a properly written format, I promise) he's probably also just undergone an alignment shift from LE --> LN. Also like the Fighter 1 --> ?? idea. If I can't decide what to do, a level of fighter followed by story development can't hurt.

Interesting party mix. I suspect we're going to need an NPC healer. Or wicked high AC... Mmm....I see where that's going...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[MENTION=17100]Fangor the Fierce[/MENTION]: will your skills based rogue be more of an archer type?

it was pointed out that we need a healer, I can do that instead of bard or wizard.

doghead

thotd

Thanks. That was what I was looking for. But when I try to load any of the links, I get this: >http://www.enworld.org/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/
forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forums/showpost.php?p=969190&postcount=2<

Even if I try and manually cut and paste the link in, it just reverts to the above. If any of you can access the linked pages, then the character sheet for Hoegor is my preferred layout. Its format lite and cut and paste friendly.

thotd

doghead

thotd
@ Axel, fighter 1 -> ??? fits more closely with your character background concept. It may not be maximal - but it has that uncertain as to what the future holds sort of feel. But if you want to start as a paladin, you may.

@ Fangor, I would like to say that a healer isn't a necessity, it just changes the nature of the challenge. But given the mechanics, that is probably a bit naive. That been said, don't feel you have to take one. We can run the game without one, and just see how it plays out. It might be short and brutal. It might even be fun. Or it could be a disaster. But that wouldn't matter, its just a game and we can always reset, or roll up new characters or whatever.

thotd

Remove ads