• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
@Fangor the Fierce : will your skills based rogue be more of an archer type?

it was pointed out that we need a healer, I can do that instead of bard or wizard.

Actually, if you are keen to take the bard route with possibly being a semi skill monkey, and since we already have another rogue, I can take the healing spot. I like clerics as well, and the Pathfinder ones are very nice to work with.

That being said, here's my NEW character concept for the type of Cleric I would see him portrayed as:

I see him as a field medic. He's had to learn the hard way, through trial and error, and is not afraid to admit that if the patch job doesn't work, a saw will.

His teaching began when he was a bystander. They say that the victims aren't the only ones that are affected by tragedies, and he is testament to that. He still remembers running his errand, a crowd, someone injured with a slew of knife wounds, and the yelling. He was pointed at, told to 'Hold here!" by some guy kneeling over the wounded, and learned that he had options in life. The wounded man recovered from the wounds, thanks to his quick actions and no hesitation, and the person that was barking orders saw in him what he deemed as 'workable'. Too bad the injured man didn't live for more than a week, as he was found a few days later beaten to death. Apparently, he wasn't supposed to survive the knife attack...

He was taken in as an apprentice, learning about salves, balms, ointments and other things that help in the art of healing. He was a devote person, for the most part, as he accompanied his teacher to church as often as he could, learning the teachings and views of the church as well. That is when he learned to pray, and being granted the power to heal by faith, when normal circumstances would not allow. He was a kid that grew up with a chance to make something of himself. Now, he's looking to see where best to put his skills to use, which sounds like some acquaintances that he grew up with are in need of his services.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Thanks. That was what I was looking for. But when I try to load any of the links, I get this: >http://www.enworld.org/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/
forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forum/forums/showpost.php?p=969190&postcount=2<

Even if I try and manually cut and paste the link in, it just reverts to the above. If any of you can access the linked pages, then the character sheet for Hoegor is my preferred layout. Its format lite and cut and paste friendly.

thotd

Yeah, that was what page 4 was doing for me. I fixed it by using a new browser to go to that page. It appears that the cache might be messed up on this browser, but I don't want to wipe it out just yet. Try using a different browser and see how that works for you.

EDIT - Is this the one?
Hoegor, male human Barbarian 2
[sblock]
STR: 14 Bonus +2 (Rage: 18/+4)
DEX: 14 Bonus +2
CON:14 Bonus +2 (Rage: 18/+4)
INT:14 Bonus +2
WIS:14 Bonus +2
CHA:16 Bonus +3

SAVES
* Fort: +5 [Base 3, +2Con]
* Ref: +2 [Base 0, +2 Dex]
* Will: +2 [Base 0, +2 Wis]

ENCUMBERANCE
* Light 40' (FastMove, Carry 58lbs)
* Medium 30' (FastMove, Carry 116lbs, MaxDex +3, Check -3)
* Heavy 20' (Carry 175lbs, MaxDex +1, Check -6)

COMBAT
* Attacks 1
* Melee +4 (Rage: +6*) [BAB +2, Str +2]
* Ranged +4 [BAB +2, Dex+2]
* Initiative +6 [Dex +2, ImpInitiative +4]
* Armour Class 16 (14*) [Base 10, Armour +3, Dex +2, Shield +1]
* HP 25 (Rage: 29*)

WEAPONS
* Short Spear (Dam 1d8 +2 (+4*), Crit x3, Rng 20')
* Short Sword (Dam 1d6 +2 (+4*), Crit 19/20 x2)
* Daggar (Dam1d4 +2 (+4*), Crit 19/20 x2, Rng 10')
* ShortCompBow (Dam 1d6, Crit x3, Rng 70')

FEATS
* Alertness
* CombatReflexes (add Attacks of Opportunity)
* Improved Initiative
CLASS FEATS
* Rage* (1/day, +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Moral, -2 AC, +2 HP/Lvl)
* Fast Move (Mv +10ft with < Heavy armour or Load)
* Uncanny Dodge (keep Dex bonus to AC)

SKILLS
Class
* Climb: 4 [Base 2, Str +2]
* Handle Animal: 6 [Base 3, Cha +3]
* Intimidate: 7 [Base 4, Cha +3]
* Listen: 8 [Base 4, Wis +2, Alertness +2]
* Ride: 4 [Base 2, Dex +2]
* WildernessLore: 4 [Base 2, Wis +2]
SKILLS
Cross Class
* Bluff: 5 [Base 2, Cha +3]
* MoveSilently: 3 [Base 1, Dex +2]
* GatherInfo: 4 [Base 1, Cha +3]
* SenseMotive: 4 [Base 2, Wis +2]
* Spot: 6 [Base 2, Wis +2, Alert+2]
* Literacy - Common [2]

EQUIPMENT
Armour
* Studded Leather (25lbs, AC +3, MaxDex +5, Check -1)
* Small Shield (5lbs, AC +1, Check -1)
** Total [30 lbs]
Weapons
* Short Spear [5 lbs]
* Short Sword [3 lbs]
* Dagger x2 [2 lbs]
* Composite Shortbow [2 lbs]
* Arrows x20 [3 lbs]
** Total [15 lbs]
Belt Pouch
* Flint and Steel [n/a]
* Sewing Needle [n/a]
* AntiToxin [n/a]
* Potion - CLW x2 [n/a]
Backpack [2 lbs]
* Bedroll [5 lbs]
* Blanket [3 lbs]
* Lantern - Hooded [2 lbs]
* Waterskin [4 lbs (full)]
* ColdWeather Outfit [7 lbs]
* Travel Outfit [5 lbs]
** Total [28 lbs]

STORM - Dog, Mastiff, 18 months, female, 110 lbs
:: Pack Harness [4 lbs]
:: Rations - Travel x4 [4 lbs]
:: Waterskin - Small [2 lbs]
:: Rope 50' - Silk [5 lbs]
TEETH - Dog, Mastiff, 18 months, male, 130 lbs
:: Rations - Travel x3 [3 lbs]
:: Canvas 2 square yards [4 lbs]
:: Lamp Oil x2 [2 lbs]
GOD'S FOOT - Warhorse - Light
:: Saddle Military [30 lbs]
:: Saddlebags [8 lbs (empty)]
** Total [507 gp / n/a]

NOTE: Hoegar usually puts the some of the gear on the horse when he is riding. ie Canvas, Rope, Backpack, Bedroll and Blanket as well as the Spears and Shield.

MONEY
:: PP 9 [ 5 BeltPouch, 2 each DogHarness]
:: GP 50 [ 20 BeltPouch, 15 each DogHarness]
:: SP 18 [ 18 BeltPouch]
:: CP 20 [ 20 Beltpouch]

APPEARANCE
Hoegor is a little shorter and leaner than most Barbarians. He has a stern face, slightly craggy features set around a classic roman nose. But he easily breaks into a smile in conversation.

Hoegor continues to wear the traditional barbarian fur cloak. Underneath he wears a jacket and wool pants. His long hair is pulled back and tied with rag and plastered with white mud in the tradition of his people.

Everything he has has a slightly old, out of style look. His short sword and spear are much the same as his ancestors would have used when the Barbarians were ransacking the Old Empire. Most of his stuff is indeed old, handed down through his family, maintained and repaired, tried and tested.

If come across while travelling, Hoegor will as likely be found moving on foot, with his horse and dogs in tow.

BACKGROUND
Hoegor father was a member of a Barbarian guard, and as soon as Hoegor was old enough he followed his father's footsteps. Not a particularly capable fighter, he relies on his wits and speed to prevent others from getting the jump on him in combat. These skills made him quite effective as a guard.

Hoegor developed a real respect for the loyal, gentle, massive Mastiffs that helped guard the castle and animals. He spent a considerable amount of time with the Kennel Master developing his skills at training dogs. He bought and trained two puppies of his own - Storm and Teeth. He often spent days roaming the hills and forests around the city when they got old enough.

Hoegor also got drawn into the politics of the city and he stumbled across a plot against his guard's patron, and while he was unable to prevent the assination of the patron, his knowledge enabled the guards to protect the family and ensure the son's succession.

In return Hoegor was offered many things, but he reqested to be given a year to travel the world. It was granted. Before leaving, Hoegor purchased an aging Warhorse, Godsfoot, from one of the Captains of the Cavalry. Godsfoot got his name from his ability to keep his feet and flatten foes in battle. Two days later, in the cold halflight of dawn, he slipped through the gates with his horse and two massive dogs, and was gone. That was a month ago.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I will have an idea shortly, My blood sugar is headed down so I need to eat.

Just thinking here

Bard 1

Archaeologist ?

Weapon Champion? [3pp mat]

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Yeah, that was what page 4 was doing for me. I fixed it by using a new browser to go to that page. It appears that the cache might be messed up on this browser, but I don't want to wipe it out just yet. Try using a different browser and see how that works for you.

The guys over in meta seemed to have fixed the issue. I did have to clear my cache, but I do that regularly anyway.

EDIT - Is this the one?

It is indeed. I like the idea of sblocking the crunchy bits and leaving the descriptive bits easily visible, like below.

Hoegor, male human Barbarian 2
[sblock]
STR: 14 Bonus +2 (Rage: 18/+4)
CON:14 Bonus +2 (Rage: 18/+4)
INT:14 Bonus +2
WIS:14 Bonus +2
CHA:16 Bonus +3

SAVES
* Fort: +5 [Base 3, +2Con]
* Will: +2 [Base 0, +2 Wis]

ENCUMBERANCE
* Light 40' (FastMove, Carry 58lbs)
* Medium 30' (FastMove, Carry 116lbs, MaxDex +3, Check -3)
* Heavy 20' (Carry 175lbs, MaxDex +1, Check -6)

COMBAT
* Attacks 1
* Melee +4 (Rage: +6*) [BAB +2, Str +2]
* Ranged +4 [BAB +2, Dex+2]
* Initiative +6 [Dex +2, ImpInitiative +4]
* Armour Class 16 (14*) [Base 10, Armour +3, Dex +2, Shield +1]
* HP 25 (Rage: 29*)

WEAPONS
* Short Spear (Dam 1d8 +2 (+4*), Crit x3, Rng 20')
* Short Sword (Dam 1d6 +2 (+4*), Crit 19/20 x2)
* Daggar (Dam1d4 +2 (+4*), Crit 19/20 x2, Rng 10')
* ShortCompBow (Dam 1d6, Crit x3, Rng 70')

FEATS
* Alertness
* CombatReflexes (add Attacks of Opportunity)
* Improved Initiative
CLASS FEATS
* Rage* (1/day, +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Moral, -2 AC, +2 HP/Lvl)
* Fast Move (Mv +10ft with < Heavy armour or Load)
* Uncanny Dodge (keep Dex bonus to AC)

SKILLS
Class
* Climb: 4 [Base 2, Str +2]
* Handle Animal: 6 [Base 3, Cha +3]
* Intimidate: 7 [Base 4, Cha +3]
* Listen: 8 [Base 4, Wis +2, Alertness +2]
* Ride: 4 [Base 2, Dex +2]
* WildernessLore: 4 [Base 2, Wis +2]
SKILLS
Cross Class
* Bluff: 5 [Base 2, Cha +3]
* MoveSilently: 3 [Base 1, Dex +2]
* GatherInfo: 4 [Base 1, Cha +3]
* SenseMotive: 4 [Base 2, Wis +2]
* Spot: 6 [Base 2, Wis +2, Alert+2]
* Literacy - Common [2]

EQUIPMENT
Armour
* Studded Leather (25lbs, AC +3, MaxDex +5, Check -1)
* Small Shield (5lbs, AC +1, Check -1)
** Total [30 lbs]
Weapons
* Short Spear [5 lbs]
* Short Sword [3 lbs]
* Dagger x2 [2 lbs]
* Composite Shortbow [2 lbs]
* Arrows x20 [3 lbs]
** Total [15 lbs]
Belt Pouch
* Flint and Steel [n/a]
* Sewing Needle [n/a]
* AntiToxin [n/a]
* Potion - CLW x2 [n/a]
Backpack [2 lbs]
* Bedroll [5 lbs]
* Blanket [3 lbs]
* Lantern - Hooded [2 lbs]
* ColdWeather Outfit [7 lbs]
* Travel Outfit [5 lbs]
** Total [28 lbs]

STORM - Dog, Mastiff, 18 months, female, 110 lbs
:: Rations - Travel x4 [4 lbs]
:: Rope 50' - Silk [5 lbs]
TEETH - Dog, Mastiff, 18 months, male, 130 lbs
:: Rations - Travel x3 [3 lbs]
:: Canvas 2 square yards [4 lbs]
:: Lamp Oil x2 [2 lbs]
GOD'S FOOT - Warhorse - Light
:: Saddle Military [30 lbs]
:: Saddlebags [8 lbs (empty)]
** Total [507 gp / n/a]

NOTE: Hoegar usually puts the some of the gear on the horse when he is riding. ie Canvas, Rope, Backpack, Bedroll and Blanket as well as the Spears and Shield.

MONEY
:: PP 9 [ 5 BeltPouch, 2 each DogHarness]
:: GP 50 [ 20 BeltPouch, 15 each DogHarness]
:: SP 18 [ 18 BeltPouch]
:: CP 20 [ 20 Beltpouch][/sblock]

APPEARANCE
Hoegor is a little shorter and leaner than most Barbarians. He has a stern face, slightly craggy features set around a classic roman nose. But he easily breaks into a smile in conversation.

Hoegor continues to wear the traditional barbarian fur cloak. Underneath he wears a jacket and wool pants. His long hair is pulled back and tied with rag and plastered with white mud in the tradition of his people.

Everything he has has a slightly old, out of style look. His short sword and spear are much the same as his ancestors would have used when the Barbarians were ransacking the Old Empire. Most of his stuff is indeed old, handed down through his family, maintained and repaired, tried and tested.

If come across while travelling, Hoegor will as likely be found moving on foot, with his horse and dogs in tow.

BACKGROUND
Hoegor father was a member of a Barbarian guard, and as soon as Hoegor was old enough he followed his father's footsteps. Not a particularly capable fighter, he relies on his wits and speed to prevent others from getting the jump on him in combat. These skills made him quite effective as a guard.

Hoegor developed a real respect for the loyal, gentle, massive Mastiffs that helped guard the castle and animals. He spent a considerable amount of time with the Kennel Master developing his skills at training dogs. He bought and trained two puppies of his own - Storm and Teeth. He often spent days roaming the hills and forests around the city when they got old enough.

Hoegor also got drawn into the politics of the city and he stumbled across a plot against his guard's patron, and while he was unable to prevent the assination of the patron, his knowledge enabled the guards to protect the family and ensure the son's succession.

In return Hoegor was offered many things, but he reqested to be given a year to travel the world. It was granted. Before leaving, Hoegor purchased an aging Warhorse, Godsfoot, from one of the Captains of the Cavalry. Godsfoot got his name from his ability to keep his feet and flatten foes in battle. Two days later, in the cold halflight of dawn, he slipped through the gates with his horse and two massive dogs, and was gone. That was a month ago.

Electric Wizard

First Post
Been too long since I've dropped by this thread. I've decided that my rogue is going to be melee-oriented, with an emphasis on wielding daggers and flanking. Not 100% sure if I want to focus on intelligence or charisma as a tertiary stat. I'm leaning towards intelligence based on the other charisma-oriented characters.

I'll start work on the character sheet when you tell us how you want the stats generated!

doghead

thotd
Been too long since I've dropped by this thread. I've decided that my rogue is going to be melee-oriented, with an emphasis on wielding daggers and flanking. Not 100% sure if I want to focus on intelligence or charisma as a tertiary stat. I'm leaning towards intelligence based on the other charisma-oriented characters.

I'll start work on the character sheet when you tell us how you want the stats generated!

I have copied the setting and character creation information to the first post so it is easy to find and refer back to.

Axel

First Post
Well, here goes first pass. :) C&C most welcome!

Bayar, male human Fighter 1
[sblock]
STR: 17 Bonus +3
CON:12 Bonus +1
INT:8 Bonus -1
WIS:12 Bonus +1
CHA:14 Bonus +2

SAVES
* Fort: +3 [Base 2, +1Con]
* Will: +1 [Base 0, +1 Wis]

ENCUMBERANCE
* Light 30' (FastMove, Carry 86lbs)
* Medium 20' (FastMove, Carry 53lbs, MaxDex +3, ACP -3)
* Heavy 20' (Carry 230lbs, MaxDex +1, ACP -6)

COMBAT
* Attacks 1
* Melee +4 (Longsword: +5*) [BAB +1, Str +3]
* Ranged +3 [BAB +1, Dex+2]
* Initiative +6 [Dex +2, Imp Initiative +4]
* Armour Class 20 (touch 12, FF 18) [Base 10, Armour +6, Dex +2, Shield +2]
* HP 11

WEAPONS
* Longsword +1 (Dam 1d8 +4, Crit 19-20x2)
* Short Bow (Dam 1d6, Crit x3)
* Kukri (Dam1d4 +3, Crit 18-20 x2)

FEATS
* Weapon Focus (Longsword): +1 to hit with attack rolls
* Dazzling Display: Std action to intimidate all within 30' when wielding Longsword
* Improved Initiative: +4 initiative

CLASS FEATS
* Bonus Feat (Fighter 1): Power Attack

SKILLS (incomplete listing)
Class
* Intimidate: 7 [Base 1, Cha +2, Class +3, Trait +1]
* Profession (Soldier): 6 [Base 1, Class +3, Wis +1]

SKILLS
Cross Class

EQUIPMENT
Armour
* Breastplate (30lbs, AC +6, MaxDex +3, ACP -4)
* Heavy Wooden Shield (10lbs, AC +2, ACP -2)
** Total [40 lbs]
Weapons
* Longsword +1 [4 lbs]
* Shortbow [3 lbs]
* Kukri [2 lbs]
* Arrows x20 [3 lbs]
** Total [12 lbs]
Belt Pouch
* Flint and Steel [n/a]
* Whetstone [1lb]
Backpack [2 lbs]
* Bedroll [5 lbs]
* Blanket [3 lbs]
* Shovel [8 lbs]
** Total [22 lbs]

** Total [255 gp / n/a]

MONEY
:: PP 0
:: GP 40 [BeltPouch]
:: SP 50
:: CP 0[/sblock]

APPEARANCE
Bayar stands several inches taller than the average male, with broad shoulders and muscular arms. His face is angular, with a once-straight nose that looks as though it has been broken more than twice. His beard grows continuously, leaving him with an almost permanent 5 o'clock shadow.
He keeps his hair cropped short, in a traditional military style.

Bayar keeps his back straight and head up at all times, almost like he is continuously on parade. His sword is obviously the most expensive item he owns, with a small ruby set in the hilt. Bayar does not trouble to hide it, knowing he can defend it

When not fighting, Bayar wears his shield across his back, protecting him from the chafing a kit can bring on long marches. He wears his armour at every opportunity where it is socially acceptable, going to pains to polish dents and scratches out of it.

BACKGROUND
Bayar was orphaned at a young age. He does not remember his parents and has never met another family member. He was raised in a priory dedicated to the god <what are we doing for deities??>.

At the priory school, the clergy quickly realised Bayar was not destined for academia. While not stupid, he learned better by doing than in a classroom. Worse, he was large for his age and knew it. Before long he grew into a classic boy bully, faster than anyone stronger and stronger than anyone faster.

At the age of 14 the clergy encouraged Bayar to leave. He was becoming disruptive to the other boys, and the clergy feared him coming into his full strength as a man. Cut loose, he drifted into the Imperial Army.

The Army fitted Bayar like a glove. They took strong boys and made them into killers and men. His skill with a sword was impressive for an inexperienced warrior.

In time, Bayar was sent on campaign and cut his first flesh in earnest. He found he liked it and was, over the course of several years, transferred into one of the heavy infantry divisions that formed the veteran and elite backbone of the Army -The Screaming Gryphons

Here, Bayar won some small renown as a swordsman, claiming his enchanted sword as a prize in a tournament for young enlisted men. It remains his prized possession to this day.

Before long, 5 years had passed and the boy bully had become a man full grown. No longer content with what the Army offered, as far as he would tell his officers, he resigned.

Bayar spent a good portion of his back pay on purchasing the gear he used in the Army - while his sword was his own the armour and other gear was not and had to be paid for. Just another catch the recruiters never told him...

Cut loose from the biggest part of his life Bayar is drifting, a 19 year old man uncertain what to do with the rest of his life.

Scott DeWar

Well, I have officaly subscribed to this thread, now for a character:

[sblock=info]
First level, 18 point build, max HP at first level, max starting wealth.

I am going to limit to choice of race to human. This is because I have not yet decided how the non-human races are going to fit in, or even if they are there at all. If you are particularly set on playing another race, PM me.

Each character will be able to speak, in addition to Common, the native tongue of his or her homeland.

Up to two non-class skills can be made class skills for the character if written into the background.

Knowledge (Netherworld).

Each character may start with one magic item of up to 2500gp in value. All you have to do write a description as to how it came into your character's possession. If you want to take something consumable, like potions or scrolls or feather tokens you may take a number of that item up to 2500gp. You cannot mix and match items. This is not a 2500gp spending spree. You don't get to keep the difference.

Here you will find the Four Oracles. Select one Oracle for your character and note it down along with the associated four cards and their descriptors. You may cast as often as you like, but all four cards must come from the same oracle and the same cast. During the game you may use an appropriate oracle to take control of the game and re-write the situation as you so choose in terms of the oracle. Once used, that card is scratched. I have not tried this before, and am not sure how it will work. But regardless, I suspect that it will be interesting.
[/sblock]

Which is going to be more preferred, Bard or wizard?

IIRC, there was a sorcerer mentioned. If so, then bard?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!

If you go the two weapon route and a high INT look into obtaining Two-Weapon Feint

It's not truly useful till you have more than two attacks per round but I think it is better than Improved Feint because you get all your extra attacks.

Well, here goes first pass. :) C&C most welcome!

Hi Axel - Glad to see you still about.

Noted that you have one to many feats and wanted to let you know. Also maybe changing out one for Intimidating Prowess that would bring your Intimidate up to +10

Which reminds me I see the trait bonus for that but no listing of the two traits you took.

Suggestions: Drop Improved INIT and Power Attack; Pick up Reactionary trait to replace the Improved INIT and pick up Power attack at lvl 2

Will be watching and commenting as I can.

HM

Scott DeWar

If you go the two weapon route and a high INT look into obtaining Two-Weapon Feint

It's not truly useful till you have more than two attacks per round but I think it is better than Improved Feint because you get all your extra attacks.
. . . . .*snip*. . . . . .

HM
I am sure there is something more useful now rather then waiting to 6th level.

Remove ads