OOC - Mad King's Monkey (Thread Closed)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Actually he could gain it at 2nd lvl and start using it right away. I was saying that it is more beneficial than say Improved Feint because it allows for more attacks than only one. But till he has more than one attack it is the same as Improved Feint.

If you are lvl 6 and have Improved Feint your actions are:

Move - Feint
Standard - one attack (even if you have Improved Two-Weapon Fighting)

But if you use Two-Weapon Feint at 6th then your actions are:

Full Round - Feint (subbed for primary highest BAB), attack (primary;lower BAB), attack (off-hand), attack (off-hand; if you have Improved Two Weapon Fighting)

I was suggesting looking into it before going the Improved Feint route and then having a feat that is of little use.

HM

doghead

thotd
Will be watching and commenting as I can.

HM

Much appreciated HM.

Question - Are we taking traits for our characters? I think I saw it mentioned somewhere, but thought I would get the DM to confirm.

Good questions. Traits is one of those new PF elements that I am not familiar with. Give me a second and I will get back to you.

HM, happy to take your input on this one.

Today will be slow-second day with lo blood sugar within 5 days. exhausting.

Sorry to hear that. Sending you best wishes, prayers and all that other good stuff.

thotd

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Traits aren't a game breaker and can actually help add a little character to a um... character.

The rules are simple; usually each character gets two and they can't be from the same group. Think of them as mini feats that will usually give someone an added +1 to a skill or a little extra damage under certain circumstances.

I have found they help players get a wanted skill as a class skill that normally isn't on their list.

And there are a few that give you a spell you can cast once a day or the ability to stabilize someone with a touch.

Can find out about them here if... Traits

HM

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I agree with HM, and would opt to replace your character guideline that we can all have 2 skills added to our list of class skills with having the two traits. Reason being, for those of us with 2 skill ranks per level, having more skills as class skills is not something we can make use of. BUT, if there is a trait that allows a certain skill to then become a class skill, then those of us WITH the extra skill points can take the trait to make use of it.

Just my two coppers though, but worth putting out there.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HM pretty much covered it! sry, just woke up from a nap. I still have a question out here:

for everyone:

Which is going to be more preferred, Bard or wizard?

IIRC, there was a sorcerer mentioned. If so, then bard?

doghead

thotd
Wow, its all happening here.

I agree with HM, and would opt to replace your character guideline that we can all have 2 skills added to our list of class skills with having the two traits. Reason being, for those of us with 2 skill ranks per level, having more skills as class skills is not something we can make use of. BUT, if there is a trait that allows a certain skill to then become a class skill, then those of us WITH the extra skill points can take the trait to make use of it.

Just my two coppers though, but worth putting out there.

Characters can add two non-classs skills as class skills if written into the background. These are additional to the existing class skills. Its in the character generation guidelines, although, the idea that they are 'additional' rather than 'replacement' is perhaps not clearly expressed. I will edit the generation guide to clarify, and add the approval for Traits.

I think this covers what you are asking for. If not, let me know.

HM pretty much covered it! sry, just woke up from a nap. I still have a question out here:

for everyone:

Which is going to be more preferred, Bard or wizard?

IIRC, there was a sorcerer mentioned. If so, then bard?

Morning. I vote bard.

thotd

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Close, but not exactly what I was trying to explain. Either way, it works for me, as there is a skill I would like to use (Perception) that is not on my list as cleric. Seeing as how I will have a decent WIS, more than likely, it would work for the character.

Scott DeWar - I agree, I vote Bard. Would allow me to NOT have to be the only healer, as the bard has some ability to do so. I am trying to get a decent cleric, but don't want to be confined to strictly the healing bot. Meaning I don't want to have a high number of channels to dish out daily. I think 3 times per day is plenty to start with, and we'll see from there. This will be my first cleric, as I tend to go the Inquisitor route with Pathfinder, but wanted a challenge. Any assistance or past experience would be welcome as well. I should have the rough draft of a character up within a day or so. Please be gentle!

Remove ads