Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

G

Guest 11456

Things happen in initiative order per design. It is also the way I am running the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
A design created to structure things in the synchronous medium of face-to-face games. But sure, and I certainly agree with the second part.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
What advantages do you see to this system, Tailspinner? (I see none, so I'm sort of wondering.)
Since you asked, there are actually a number of advantages:
1. Players that invested in higher initiative actually get to go first amongst the PCs if they are not able to post immediately after the GM updates
2. When certain effects (like Inspire Courage) are used where they last until the PC’s next turn, it is less confusing on when the other PCs can/cannot use it.
3. Players not always able to post immediately after the GM update get to feel like they are participating meaningfully instead of always having the fastest posting players go first and decide the group’s course of actions.
4. Some PC’s learn a little patience and consideration for the actions of other PCs when they must take into account that another player is going before them.

I really do not see an unselfish advantage to do away with the Initiative Order of PCs in this group. I fully support TS in keeping it the way things are. Otherwise the same 2-3 players will always end up being last every round during combat.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Does Elsbeth have a clear shot into the hut or are there too many of her friends in the way? Thanks.
This is covered under the rules for Cover: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Cover.

Her targets get +4AC (Elsbeth has LoS most of the goblins), and unless she has Precise Shoot, suffers -4 Penalty when she shoots into melee. There is no worry about hitting your allies in PF for ranged attacks.

However, according to the Initiative it is Poog's turn anyway. ;)

G

Guest 11456

Looking back at the posts on the 8 healing potions offered by Ameiko I only found these:

She took their share of the potions (2) and put them into a belt pouch.

Then he shrugged and grabbed up three(3) himself before politely handing one to Sachiko and then two to Elsbeth, keeping none for himself.

Which would leave 3 unaccounted for.

Removing a healing potion from her pouch as she entered the dwelling, Jariah knelt down and carefully administered the healing draught. “He is not looking so good, this might take more than one.” However, one was enough to bring Fastus around.

Which is the only one used so far.

I am going to assume that before leaving Walthus' you divided the seven remaining potions among your group like so:
Elsbeth: one potion
Fastus: one potion
Jariah: two potions
Sachiko: one potion
Suldrel: one potion
Wireth: one potion

Unless someone has objections to this division that is how we will proceed.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
No prob. Btw, I am looking at a busy weekend as usual, but my Monday night will be busy too. I will likely be scarce here at EnW for the next three days.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I'll be away most of this week, so please NPC Fastus as needed (he'll certainly go along any suggestions Elli, Sachiko, Suldrel or the gang might have).

Remove ads