• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [OOC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko has a good lockpick, if it comes to that. :)

Really though, we're doing fine. Lets just assemble the avengers in formation in front of the door, open it, and burst in. It's not like we're going to take anything by surprise at this point. :)

*after reading IC thread*

Yay!

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
How are we tracking and dividing up the treasure?

Considering we completed a section, I am way more inclined to not use any potions unless we have too. But if we are dividing up everything and not keeping community property, then a person can do whatever they want with their share.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, sorry. I think it's just no one's quite sure, and everyone was waiting for someone else to take point. :) It's not so much folks ignoring you, as an awkward conversational pause.

I think putting healing potions at the very least as community loot is a wise idea. Items that have generic value to the entire group could also be put in there. I'm not casually familiar enough with our take so far to know what that would be right now, but in general it's a good policy.

The way games I've done in the past have handled loot is to essentially tally up the GP value of everything that's not 'community' loot, and divide it into shares. Then a person can 'pay' out of their share for the value of any given magic item, up to their share value. If folks agree, they could go into 'debt' that is then deducted from future shares in gp.

jkason

First Post
Shayuri's plan seems fine to me.

On the more general note, I'll admit I have a tendency to get a bit lost trying to keep up on this game. There are a couple folks who post much faster / more often, and while I love the RP of it, I find I tend to miss bits in the middle if I'm not careful. Since Graybeard's a slower poster, I'd suspect something similar there: skimming to catch up = missing something.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
There are generally two methods that I have seen most used.

1. Divide everything up and keep nothing shared. Easier to handle for bookkeeping and simple.

2. Maintain community property and divvy up gold or value of the remaining. Has better practicality as healing resources and magic can be used without worrying about who owns it. But we need a treasury and a way to keep track of it. This is not so easily done at EnW compared to other gaming sites because only one person can edit a post. I recommend using the wiki, but I have never actually used it here. It does exist though.

G

Guest 11456

I started an entry in the Wiki for this game here. Once you get back to town and decide what to keep and what to sell we will use this to keep track of it.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cool. Thanks.
Can you add the link to the opening post of this thread so we can quickly reference it later once it is buried in this OOC thread please?

Graybeard

Explorer
I think using the healing potions as community property is a good idea. Most games I've played divided up the remainder based on who could use the item best and the value of the item. Most groups would give protection items (armor, shields, rings, etc) to fighter types first. At this point, it is early in the game so whatever method is agreed upon is fine. If there are specific items that can only be used by a particular class like certain wands and scrolls, then those would be best given to anyone in the group that could use them.

As for not responding to OOC questions, sometimes I just forget to check the thread.

Remove ads