[OOC] Pathfinder: Second Darkness

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Cool! I'll try to rip myself from the Xbox at weekend for long enough to get the char done... You know, having no knowledge of the world except the few tidbits I found from the wiki, I could need some help with background. I could write a generic barbaric tribe stuff though...
My knowledge of the setting is still a little limited. I'll do what I can to help. The setting is very rich for such a young one.

I would like to see about getting started 10/23 or 10/24.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
So what's the pointbuy standard in PF?

EDIT: Ah, found it. You said we could choose the generating system. As I see, that Heroic rolling would generate the best stats on average... That's the 2d6+6 for each score... Would it be ok?

Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I have no problem with it. I'd like to see someone use the dice pool to see what they come up with.

Blackrat

I told you it gives pretty good results on average :D

If you want, I have nothing against dropping some of them down. Let's say str and wis by 1 each for example...

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I don't like saying no. Let's see what else we have to work with from the others.

Those are your 2 main stats. I don't know if you want to do that.

Blackrat

That's exactly why. It would downgrade the muchciness a bit but not much since it wouldn't drop the ability modifiers. It'd just take 4 levels longer to get them upped...

Walking Dad

First Post
Cool! I'll try to rip myself from the Xbox at weekend for long enough to get the char done... You know, having no knowledge of the world except the few tidbits I found from the wiki, I could need some help with background. I could write a generic barbaric tribe stuff though...
Sounds like a Soanti. Aren't they described in RoTRL PG (free) ?

So what's the pointbuy standard in PF?

EDIT: Ah, found it. You said we could choose the generating system. As I see, that Heroic rolling would generate the best stats on average... That's the 2d6+6 for each score... Would it be ok?
Standard roll seems to be on one level with standard fantasy point buy.
Classic roll seems to be on one level with low fantasy point buy.
Heroic would be something between high & epic fantasy point buy?

I prefer point buy over rolling, but here are the rolled stats:

Heroic Ability roll (2d6+6=16, 2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=11, 2d6+6=10, 2d6+6=14, 2d6+6=18)

Would be:

Str:14 Dex: 15 Con: 16
Int:11 Wis:18 Cha:10

without racial bonus.

Remove ads