• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pathfinder: Second Darkness

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
That's exactly why. It would downgrade the muchciness a bit but not much since it wouldn't drop the ability modifiers. It'd just take 4 levels longer to get them upped...
We'll see.
Any chance of re-using my Monk from TRM's game? (Chan Ti) He may need a few tweaks but he is almost there.
I want to see of those that asked already who wants to play. Can we hold you in reserve?
Sounds like a Soanti. Aren't they described in RoTRL PG (free) ?

Standard roll seems to be on one level with standard fantasy point buy.
Classic roll seems to be on one level with low fantasy point buy.
Heroic would be something between high & epic fantasy point buy?

I prefer point buy over rolling, but here are the rolled stats:

Heroic Ability roll (2d6+6=16, 2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=11, 2d6+6=10, 2d6+6=14, 2d6+6=18)

Would be:

Str:14 Dex: 15 Con: 16
Int:11 Wis:18 Cha:10

without racial bonus.
Looks good. I'd take those.
Yeah, as I talked with Aeson earlier, my character will be Shoanti of the Skull Clan. But other than that, I don't have much knowledge in the world :)
The Shoanti are in the RothRL guide.:)

Information about the area as well. Looks like this Adventure Path started in the same country.

Walking Dad

First Post
We'll see.

I want to see of those that asked already who wants to play. Can we hold you in reserve?
I'm interested. Want to play the half-orc druid Rorgar.

Looks good. I'd take those.
Will take them. Crunch will be ready on Monday.

The Shoanti are in the RothRL guide.:)

Information about the area as well. Looks like this Adventure Path started in the same country.
So, can we use both guides. I think I have both...
Especially regarding traits.

Theroc

First Post
Is there some wiki or something we can use for these traits? I obviously don't have access to the related player's guides, and I currently have no concept, and I was thinking perhaps the traits would give me a concept.

That is, if I am not a reserve player. If I am, I won't worry so much about such things. I'll be using the Epic campaign point buy though(hopefully so I come out somewhat in line with Blackrat without risking my horrid luck)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
There is a wiki. PathfinderWiki

Rise of the Runelord guide is a free download at Paizo.com. you're welcome to use that and the wiki. If you have the guide to Second Darkness of course that is open to use also. Campaign Setting books like the companions also open.

jkason

First Post
Looks like everyone's rolling? I did the same, then, and got this:

STR 15, DEX 16, CON 15, INT 10, WIS 14, CHA 13

That's before racial adjustments. I'm planning on a dwarven ranger (A spelunker using Riddleport as a base between treks to explore the cave systems in the Calphiak Mountains), so Con would be 17, Wis 16, and Cha 11.

Are we using traits? And if so, has Paizo put out any Dwarf racial traits?

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Go ahead and bump yourself up to 2nd to be in line with Blackrat.

For you skill ranks will be 2 +int mod per level. They did make some changes. Some skills were taken out and some were rolled into others.

Bonus spells start at 3rd level. They are spells you can cast in addition to your daily spells. Unlike the known spells you can't change them out.

For skills: Well, I would get 3+Int modifier for being Human. So that would put me at 10 skill points at 2nd level. I was just curious, as it seems that this is one of the rules that has changed, and apparently you get a lot less skill points in Pathfinder.

On Bonus Spells: I meant Bonus Spells for a high Charisma score. According to the PFRD Claud is eligible for one 1st level bonus spell, so I gave him an extra spell, "Color Spray".

Getting Started

jkason

First Post
On Bonus Spells: I meant Bonus Spells for a high Charisma score. According to the PFRD Claud is eligible for one 1st level bonus spell, so I gave him an extra spell, "Color Spray".

Getting Started

I believe it's the other way around, actually. You can cast once more per day for that bonus spell, but Known Spells for a sorcerer are unaffected by a high charisma. They lay that out in the sorcerer class description:

Sorcerers

Remove ads