• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Pathfinder: Second Darkness

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Here is Claud all statted out. He still needs a backstory. I am also not sure how much gold you want us to have. I put down some basic supplies and weapons for him though.

Name: Claud

Hair Color: Brown

Eyes: Brown

Skin: Slightly Tanned

Height: 5,10

Alignment: Neutral Good

Deity: None

2nd level Human Sorcerer, Air Elemental Bloodline

HP: 11
AC: 11

Speed: 30 feet

Initiative: +1

Hit Die: d6

Base Attack Bonus:+1

Combat Maneuver Bonus=+0
Combat Maneuver Defense=11

Saves
Fort: +1
Ref:+1
Will:+3

Str: 8
Dex: 12
Con: 12
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 16(14 base +2 for being Human)

Skills
Appraise 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill modifier+Int modifier=+7
Bluff 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Cha modifier=+8
Fly 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Dex modifier=+6
Knowledge(Arcana) 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Int modifier=+7
Knowledge(The Planes) 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+int modifier=+7
Spellcraft 2 Ranks+3 Class Skill Bonus+Int modifier=+7

Spells are going to be:

Cantrips
Detect Magic
Read Magic
Presdigitation
Mage Hand
Light

1st Level
Mage Armor
Color Spray

Feats
Eschew Materials(Sorcerer Bonus Feat)
Spell Penetration
Greater Spell Penetration

Spells per day
1st level-5

Spell-Like Abilities
Elemental Ray: 1d6+1 electricity damage, Ranged Touch Attack, Usable six times per day.

Bloodline Arcana
Claud can change any spell that does energy damage to do electricity damage.

Equipment
Gold:950
30 Rations
Bedroll
4 Flasks
Waterskin
4 Bars of Soap
20 sheets of parchment
Quill Pen
2 Ink Bottles
Dagger-1d4,19-20/X2, Range-10 ft.(This is more for use as a knife than for fighting)
Shortbow-1d6 X3 60 ft.
Arrows(20)

Backstory
Claud grew up int the mountaintop city of Jula in The Sodden Lands. Most people disliked the perpetually stormy weather due to the Eye of Abendego, but Claud always enjoyed it. He loved to stand out in the stormy weather and stare at the stormclouds. This always worried his parents, but they let him do so, as he had never been hurt while he was watching the storms. He has als always felt an affinity for the Wind. He would always enjoy it outside when there was a strong breeze. He had dreams of living in a palace floating in the sky, but he thought these dreams were impossible as he had magical talent, all he did was help out his parents with their General Store. He had friends who all became adventurers, all of them left the city of Jula to see the world, but Claud found himself left behind. He began to believe that there was nothing more for him but to end up running his parents store. He had even consulted with a Sorcerer who could assess if a person had an innate ability for magic, but the Sorcerer said Claud had no magic within him. Claud tried apprenticing under a local Wizard for a time, but found that he had no talent for Wizardry. He was discouraged, but he was not going to give up. So, in an almost childlike fashion, decided that he WAS going to gain some sort of magical talent no matter what. He spent much of his spare time for four years calmly meditating on the Wind and wishing fervently for some sort of magic. When it seemed impossible that anything was going to happen, and he was about to give up, he one day found that when he wanted to pick a mug of tea up, that it floated right into his hand. He was astonished at first, but he realized that all of his hard work had finally paid off. The Wind had finally "answered" him. He began to experiment a little more, and found that he could also make light, and tell if something was magical. He even found a way to protect himself with magical armor. The true test of his abilities came when he had to fend off a thief from his parents store, the thief broke in late at night and was attempting to make off with some goods when Claud heard the noise the thief was making(Claud and his parents lived in some rooms above their store). Claud went downstairs and say the thief, he at first tried to fling a hammer at the thief with some of his magic, but he missed. The thief noticed this action and pulled a knife on Claud, panicking, Claud found himself holding out his hand to fend off the thief, and suddenly a old of lightning shot from his hands, injuring the thief and surprising Claud. It took a while for Claud to get used to that fact that he could now use his abilities to harm others. Good fortune came his way when a young son of one of his parent's friends agreed to help with the store, this left Claud with the ability to go out and see the world like he had always wanted to. The first destination he had in mind was Varisia, as he had heard that it was a fairly beautiful region that was not too dangerous. His parents worried about him, but now that he had thew ability to defend himself with his magic, they felt they could trust him to take care of himself. But they did make him practice with a shortbow just in case his powers ever failed him.

Yes, in Claud's case it is less of a Bloodline ability and more of sheer determination.:)

Oh, and for my 2nd level HP roll I rolled a 3+1 for Con.

Last edited:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Working on Nakeb, and I have a few questions:

* How are we figuring HP?
* Which XP chart would you prefer (fast/medium/slow)?
* Standard gold for 2nd level (1,000)?

thanks,

jason
Max hp at first roll for each level after. Standard starting gold is fine. We'll use the medium xp scale.

Theroc we can add you in later if need to. No problem there.

Walking Dad

First Post
Is there some wiki or something we can use for these traits? I obviously don't have access to the related player's guides, and I currently have no concept, and I was thinking perhaps the traits would give me a concept.

That is, if I am not a reserve player. If I am, I won't worry so much about such things. I'll be using the Epic campaign point buy though(hopefully so I come out somewhat in line with Blackrat without risking my horrid luck)
The basic traits are here: Traits (Pathfinder_OGC)

And some more info (scroll down to Open Game Content):
http://grandwiki.wikidot.com/pfc3

Rcruiting is closed for now. I would like to have all characters ready so we can start by 10/23-10/24.

what is a reasonable wait time for actions? 24 hours?

I (usually) cannot post on the WEs. Other than that, it's fine by me.

[Sblock=Campaign Traits]
  1. Fools for Friends: You don’t think of yourself as a gambler. In fact, you rather detest the whole thing. Unfortunately, one or more of your friends (pick one or more of the other players’ characters) doesn’t think so, and you’ve recently learned that friend—or friends—have decided to go to the Gold Goblin’s “Cheat the Devil and Take his Gold” tournament. Which pretty much means you have to go as well, since if no one’s there to watch out for them, they’ll lose all their money and respect. Again. Sometimes it’s hard being the responsible one. Your devotion to your friendships (even when said friends seem, at times, to be trying to test that devotion) is a point of pride to you. Whenever you take the Aid Another action to help an ally, or whenever an ally aids you in this manner, a successful check grants an additional +1 trait bonus to the check for which aid was being rendered. Additionally, as long as one of your friends is within 30 feet, you gain a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.
  2. Into Enemy Territory: The shadow in the sky is visible from all around Riddleport, not just in town. It’s certainly come to the attention of several druids, rangers, and other rural folk who dwell in the nearby mountains, forests, and swamps—among them, yourself. You’ve consulted with several seers and Harrowers, and may even have performed some simple auguries yourself, and all the signs point the same way—something or someone in Riddleport is connected to the blot, and it means bad news for the region. You’ve avoided the sleazy, dirty town for most of your life, traveling there only when absolutely necessary, and although you don’t relish the prospect of going there now, you see little other choice (especially if one of your superiors is ordering you to go investigate). Fortunately, an eccentric friend of yours (pick another PC) is in town, and you’ve heard this friend will be taking part in some gambling thing at a place called the Gold Goblin. Your friend’s always had better luck interacting with the cityfolk, so you’ve decided to accompany your friend to this gambling tournament and plan on letting him find a safe place for you to stay while you’re in town. Your long life of self-sustenance has toughened you and made you more resistant to hardship, in any event—pick one of the
    three categories of saving throw. You gain a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws of that type.
  3. Looking for Work: Although out of work, you aren’t particularly keen on the prospect of gambling away your last remaining coins simply for a chance at riches. That said, if the Gold Goblin’s fortunes reverse after this big gambling tournament, you’re relatively certain its owner, Saul Vancaskerkin, will be needing to hire on some new staff members. You’ve secured payment for the tournament, and intend on attending mostly to check the place out, to decide if it’s a place you’d want to work at (as a bouncer, bartender, croupier, server, entertainer, spotter, or cook), and hopefully get a chance to catch Saul’s eye and make an impression. You’ve long worked at honing your skills, and are quite accomplished and certain that you have something to offer. Pick one of the following skills: Bluff, Craft (any), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Perform (any), Profession (gambler), or Spot. You gain a +1 trait bonus in that skill, and that skill is always considered a class skill for you.
  4. Optimistic Gambler: You’ve always seemed to have trouble keeping money. Worse, you always seem to have debts looming over your head. When you heard about the “Cheat the Devil and Take His Gold” gambling tournament, you felt in your gut that your luck was about to change. You’ve always been optimistic, in fact, and even though right now is one of those rare times where you don’t
    owe anyone any money (you just paid off a recent loan from local moneylender Lymas Smeed), you know that’ll change soon enough. Better to start amassing money now when you’re at one of those rare windfall times! You’ve set aside a gold coin for the entrance fee, and look forward to making it big—you can feel it in your bones! This time’s gonna be the big one! Your boundless optimism, even in the face of crushing situations, has always bolstered your spirit. Effects that grant you morale bonuses persist 1d4 rounds longer than they normally would as a result.
  5. Researching the Blot: You may or may not be seeking membership into Riddleport’s most prestigious magical guild, the Order of Cyphers, but you certainly have heard their call for aid in determining the nature of the strange shadow in the sky above Riddleport. You arrived in town several days ago and had some issues with security and safety at several inns before you finally settled on the Gold Goblin; you’ve been staying there as a guest for several days now, and the owner, Saul Vancaskerkin, seems like a nice guy. He’s even given you a pass to attend the gambling tournament he’s about to throw—you’re not sure how into gambling you’ll be, but perhaps there’ll be some visitors from out of town you can talk to about the strange shadow in the sky. At the very least, you’re hoping someone at the tourney will be into magic—there’s not really enough folk in this town who seem all that interested in magic, you’ve found. Your interest in magic dates back quite far, and as a result, you’ve developed a knack for identifying common magical items at a glance. You can use Spellcraft to identify magic items in the same way you can use Spellcraft to identify a potion. The DC to identify a magic item is equal to 20 + the item’s caster level.
  6. Scouting for Fiends: You belong to an organization (most likely a religion) that has definite views on the menace posed by the lower planes. The willfulness with which the city of Korvosa (they even allow a temple of Asmodeus to operate in broad daylight!) tolerates infernal influences is, to you and your organization, the greatest symbol of what’s wrong with civilization today. And now, in Riddleport, there’s news that a gambling tournament is using devils and Hell as an idle decoration. It’s likely that this is just an example of poor taste, but there’s a chance that something sinister may be lurking beneath the goings-on at the Gold Goblin. You have been contacted by your organization (or may have decided on your own) to travel to Riddleport (if you don’t already live there) and attend this tournament under the guise of a patron. Keep an eye on things there, even after the tournament is over; if you can, get a job working for the owner. Demons and devils can be subtle, and it could take weeks or even months to find proof of their involvement. Your near-obsessive hatred of all things fiendish grants you a +1 trait bonus on all attack rolls made against foes you know to be evil outsiders.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Rorgar

[sblock=stats]
Heroic Ability roll (2d6+6=16, 2d6+6=15, 2d6+6=11, 2d6+6=10, 2d6+6=14, 2d6+6=18)
Hitpoints (1d8=7)
(First roll got false campaign name, but was lower. Just to be honest.

Would be:

Str:16
Dex:15
Con:16
Int:11
Wis:18
Cha:10

Half-Orc (Chelish heritage).
30 ft. base move, Darkvision, Weapon Familiarity, Orc Ferocity, Orc Blood
Favored Class: Druid
AL: TN

Druid 2
Hit points 21 (2HD 8 (rolled 7) + 3 (2Con mod))
BAB +1, melee +4, ranged +3
Fort +6
Reflex +3
Will +7
CMB +4
Initiative +4
Traits: Into Enemy Territory (+1 to Reflex), Reactionary (+2 to Initiative)

AC: 17 - Flatfooted: 14 - Touch 13

Skills (8 class + 2 fav class)
Heal +8
Fly +6
Know (nature) +4
Know (geography) +4
Perception (2) +9
Spellcraft +4
Survival (2) +9
Swim +7

Naturebond: Air Domain
Lightning Arc: As a standard action, 30 feet. 1d6+1 7/day.

Feats
1st level Dodge

Spells prepared
o - Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance, Purify Food & Drink
1 - Cure Light Wounds, Longstrider, Shillelagh - Obscuring Mist

Equipment (1000 gp): (incomplete)

MW Hide Shirt 240 gp (ACP -2)
Shield, Heavy darkwood 207 gp (ACP -)

Club -
Scimitar (cold-iron) 30
Sling –
20 bullets 0,2

Dagger 2gp
Holly and Mistletoe -
Spell Component's Pouch 5 gp
Backpack 2 gp
Bedroll 0.1 gp
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
[sblock=Image]
55.jpg

[/sblock]
Rorgar has lived his early life as a little dog biter in the seedier parts of Riddleport. His first memory is of himself avoiding to become pigmeat beyond the waves. As an orphan who didn't know if all this was a terrible accident or if his own parents tried to hush him, Rorgar had a difficult early life.
His life changed after trying to pick-pocket an elderly man he thought to be just another soggy plum. The man revealed himself to be a druid and he saw potential in Rorgar. Thinking that better than ending in an earth bath, he followed him. There, he grew strong and wise.
This sect venerates more primal powers an less nature gods like Gozreh. They think they are charged to protect the material realm from otherworldly, unnatural forces (including celestials!).
After the shadow in the sky has become visible from all around Riddleport, the druid elders have performed some auguries, and all the signs point the same way—something or someone in Riddleport is connected to the blot, and it means bad news for the region. Rorgar has avoided the sleazy, dirty town for most of his 'new' life, traveling there only when accompanying his now deceased mentor, and although he doesn’t relish the prospect of going there now, he has little other choice. The signs point to a "Golden Goblin".
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Here's my first take. Still lack eguipment and feats and it is done with PCGen that uses the beta rules so if there's something that's changed from those, would someone point it out? I have no idea why the program added so many specific skill uses to the skills for example, but I'll let them be in this first draft. Also, what is the starting money for Barbarian class? Oh, never mind that, I notice Aeson said 1000gp already a few posts ago...

LYRA
Female Human barbarian 1 / cleric 1
TN medium humanoid (human)
Init +2; Senses Perception +7,
Languages: Common

AC: 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10
hp 23 (2 HD)
Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +5

Speed: 40 ft. (8)squares)
Face 5 ft. Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +1; Combat Manuever Bonus +3
Atk Options Rage,

Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 17, Cha 12

Special: Qualities Fast Movement, Orisons, Rage, Skilled, Weapon Training,

Feats: Armor Proficiency (Heavy), Armor Proficiency (Light), Armor Proficiency (Medium), Martial Weapon Proficiency, Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency

Skills: Acrobatics +6, Acrobatics (Jump) +10, Appraise +1, Bluff +1, Climb +6, Craft (Untrained) +1, Diplomacy +5, Disguise +1, Escape Artist +2, Heal +7, Intimidate +5, Perception +7, Perception (Notice unusual stonework) +7, Perception (Sight) +7, Perception (Smell) +7, Perception (Sound) +7, Perception (Taste) +7, Perception (Touch) +7, Perform (Untrained) +1, Ride +6, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +5, Spellcraft (Cast defensively) +5, Stealth +2, Survival +7, Survival (Follow or identify tracks) +7, Swim +2,

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Here's a draft of Nakeb. Still need to pick a favored enemy, and probably tweak his background a bit. Are you wanting us to take one of the campaign traits as one of our traits? If so, I'll likely go with the Into Enemy Territory trait (seems to fit his concept best).

Also, didn't know if folks wanted to go in on a CLW wand? If not, I'll probably amend equipment to add a few scrolls or potions of same:

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Nakeb Gutterik 
[B]Class:[/B] Ranger
[B]Race:[/B] Dwarf
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Erastil

[B]Str:[/B] 15  +2       [B]Level:[/B] 2        [B]XP:[/B] 1300/3300
[B]Dex:[/B] 16  +3       [B]BAB:[/B] +2         [B]HP:[/B] 24/24 (2d10+6) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2292037/]roll lookup[/url]
[B]Con:[/B] 17  +3       [B]CMB:[/B] +4         [B]ACP:[/B] -4 
[B]Int:[/B] 10  +0       [b]CMD:[/b] 17*        [B]Spell Res:[/B] -
[B]Wis:[/B] 16  +3       [B]Speed:[/B] 20'      [B]Spell Save:[/B] -
[B]Cha:[/B] 11  +0       [B]Init:[/B] +5**      [B]Spell Fail:[/B] -

* +4 vs. bull rush / trip
** +2 Reactionary trait

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B]              10    +6    +0    +3    +0    +0    +0   19
[B]Touch:[/B] 13              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 16

Conditional: +4 vs. giant subtype

[B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      3    +3         +6
[B]Ref:[/B]                       3    +3         +6
[B]Will:[/B]                      0    +3    +1*  +4

* +1 Into Enemy Territory trait
Conditional: +2 vs poison, spells, and SLA

[B]Weapon                  Attack   Damage    Critical[/B]
Heavy pick................+4.....1d6+2.........x4
Comp. lngbow Str +2.......+5.....1d8+2.........x3, range 110 ft *

* Conditional: +1 attack / damage within 30' (Point Blank Shot)
Conditional: +1 attack vs. orc or goblinoid
Favored Enemy: +2 attack / damage vs. TBD

[B]Languages:[/B] 
Common
Dwarven

[B]Abilities:[/B]

--Dwarf--

* +2 CON, +2 WIS, -2 CHA
* Speed 20', unaffected by armor / encumberance
* Darkvision 60'
* +4 dodge AC vs. giant subtype
* +1 attack vs. orc or goblinoid
* +2 saves vs. poison, spells, and SLA
* +4 CMD vs. bull rush or trip
* +2 Perception for unusual stonework, traps/doors in stone walls/ floors
* Proficiency: battleaxe, heavy picks, warhammers
* Familiarity: all 'dwarven' weapons are martial
* Orc Ferocity (1/day: fight 1 round past 0 HP)
* Bonus language choices:
    Giant, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Terran , Undercommon
* Choose favored class (Ranger, +1 SP) 

--Ranger--

* Simple and Martial weapon proficiency
* Light and medium armor proficiency
* Shield proficiency (non-tower)
* Favored Enemy: TBD
     +2  Bluff, Know, Perception, Sense Motive, Survival
     +2 Attack and Damage 
     Know checks untrained vs. favored enemy
* Add 1/2 level to Survival checks for tracking
* Wild Empathy: +2 (+0 CHA, level 2 Ranger)
* Combat Style: ranged
     Not available in heavy armor

[b]Traits:[/b]
Into Enemy Territory (+1 Will save)
Armor Expert (-1 ACP)

[B]Feats:[/B] 
Point Blank Shot (1st level)
Precise Shot (Fighting Style 2nd)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 14      [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Class  Misc  Total[/B]

--Class (+3 bonus)--
Climb......................2....+2....+3....-2*~..+7
Intimidate.................2....+0....+3..........+5
Know (add +1 vs. )
    Dungeoneering..........2....+0....+3..........+5
    Geography..............1....+0....+3..........+4
    Nature.................1....+0....+3..........+4
Perception.................2....+3....+3..........+8 (+10 stone & vs. )
Stealth....................2....+3....+3....-4~...+4
Survival...................2....+3....+3..........+8 (+9 track)
     vs. ..................2....+3....+3....+2**..+10 (+11 track) 

--Cross-Class--
Bluff......................0....+0................+0 (+2 vs. )
Sense Motive...............0....+3................+3 (+5 vs. )

* +2 Climber's kit
** +2 favored enemy bonus
~ -4 ACP

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]

--Worn / Carried--
Heavy pick................8gp....5lb
Comp. lngbow +2 Str.....300gp....3lb
Arrows (20)...............1gp....--
Breastplate.............200gp....30lb
Backpack..................2gp....2lb
Explorer's outfit..........--....--
Belt pouch................1gp....1/2lb
Signal whistle............8sp....--

--In Backpack--
Bell......................1gp....--
Chalk x5..................5cp....--
Flint & Steel.............1gp....--
Ink.......................8gp....--	
Inkpen....................1sp....--	
Parchment x5..............1gp....--
Rations x6................3gp....6lb
Spade.....................2gp....8lb
Waterskin.................1gp....4lb
Climber's kit............80gp....5lb

[B]Total Weight:[/B]63.5lbs      [B]Money:[/B] 30pp 90gp 5cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]                66   133   200   400   1000

[B]Age:[/B] 55
[B]Height:[/B] 4'
[B]Weight:[/B] 175lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] Blonde
[B]Skin:[/B] Tan

[sblock=Appearance]While broad-shouldered and bulky with muscle by human standards, Nakeb is actually lanky for a dwarf. He keeps his beard trimmed relatively short, though both that an his hair are always fairly disheveled. He keeps his clothes in good repair, but the realities of spelunking mean he's always a little dirty despite his best efforts.[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]Nakeb came from a long line of miners in Janderhoff, and assumed he'd be just another one. But the fact was, he spent more time exploring already-dug tunnels than helping mine new ones. Eventually he realized it wasn't making tunnels he loved, but exploring them. He set off on his own then, heart set on finding the secrets there were to be found in nature's mines.

His travels soon took him to the Calphiak Mountains, with treks into Riddleport for supplies and as a kind of "home base." Between the dangers of the caves and those of the city, Nakeb quickly learned how to take care of himself, choosing to focus his attention on his bow-work, to cut off trouble before it actually reached him.

But now he's notices The Blot, and has decided to venture once again from the caves to the city, hoping to find some new information...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aeson

Into Enemy Territory sounds like a good trait to start with. Even if you guys don't choose it as a trait I think it's a good way to bring the group together. Each of you were drawn here for the Blot. I'll let you guys decide how you learned of it.

Aeson

While I was saving Nakeb I spelled his name Naked. :p

Weekends may be no good for Walking Dad. I expected that to be so for some of us. I work at night and am on the East coast of the US so my schedule is the flipside of everyone else. I'll do my best to stay on top of things during the day but most of my part will be at night. Weekends we can go with a 48 hour wait on actions. How does that sound?

Walking Dad

First Post
Into Enemy Territory sounds like a good trait to start with. Even if you guys don't choose it as a trait I think it's a good way to bring the group together. Each of you were drawn here for the Blot. I'll let you guys decide how you learned of it.
I have posted Rorgar's reason in my background. Could also work for rangers and barbarians :)

Aeson

I have posted Rorgar's reason in my background. Could also work for rangers and barbarians :)
You already worked it in. It can work for anyone of you. The sorcerer had a dream telling him of the blot or some such. Those with a divine connection could receive a sign.

Remove ads