[OOC] Pathfinder: Second Darkness

Willette

First Post
Is recruitment still going on for this/how many players are you taking?

Also, when you say core book is that PHB and such or pathfinders stuff as i'm kinda new to this and have some books but no pathfinder stuff.

Theroc

First Post

Also, when you say core book is that PHB and such or pathfinders stuff as i'm kinda new to this and have some books but no pathfinder stuff.

Pathfinder is an updated/altered 3.5

So Pathfinder's Core is Paizo Pathfinder stuff, not the standard 3.5 PHB. Paizo DOES have a System Reference Document online and accessible without cost or downloading.

I forget the exact location though.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm liking the Pathfinder system quite a bit, so I'd like to give it a go. This path doesn't seem to have the free players handout that RotRL does. Is there anything specific we'd need to know about the area?

Would a Paladin be completely out of place? If so, maybe a Ranger?
It's not free but there is a players guide to this adventure path. I'll get back to you on specifics.

I think the ranger would fit in a little better.

Yes I mean the Pathfinder Core Rule Book. As Galeros has shared there is a reference guide you can use if you don't have the book.

I'd like 5-6 players. Talking about this game started in the hivemind thread. Galeros, Blackrat and hafrogman all showed interest. If you, Walking Dad and jkason join then we might have enough.

Theroc, were you wanting to play or just commenting?

Theroc

First Post
I could play if there's room, but I was originally just helping Willette out. I am limited to the PFD though, I don't own the books.

I'd also need to know more about the setting/adventure hook to see if a concept jumps into my head.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
We're going to start in Varisia. It's a region on Golarion the Pathfinder Setting. Since it's low level it would make sense that the PCs be from there. I'm not going to force that though if someone has a concept they really want to run with.

Theroc

First Post
Hm... what is the starting level/basic theme/etc... of your campaign, how are attributes decided/any houserules/etc...?

Sorry if it's a load of questions, but the more info I have, the more likely an idea will take form for the campaign. Do you have a specific goal in mind for the party to begin with, or are we going to roleplaying out meeting one another?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I'm really new at this. all the questions will help.:)

Rat is planning a multiclass character so we're starting at 2nd level. No houserules. Use standard character creation from the book. If you like rolling or point buy then go with whichever. Golarion has regional feats. If you don't have access to that info but know where you want to be from I'll be happy to help. I'd like everyone to know each other.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I will post things like character backround later. I may give him a last name, but I am not sure yet.:)

One thing I was never quite clear on was Bonus Spells. Those are extra actual spells, like Color Spray, right? Not just extra castings per day.

Hmmm, how many skill points do we get at 1st level? I remember it being 2+Int modifier X4 in 3.5, but that apparently has changed.
Go ahead and bump yourself up to 2nd to be in line with Blackrat.

For you skill ranks will be 2 +int mod per level. They did make some changes. Some skills were taken out and some were rolled into others.

Bonus spells start at 3rd level. They are spells you can cast in addition to your daily spells. Unlike the known spells you can't change them out.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Cool! I'll try to rip myself from the Xbox at weekend for long enough to get the char done... You know, having no knowledge of the world except the few tidbits I found from the wiki, I could need some help with background. I could write a generic barbaric tribe stuff though...

Remove ads