[OOC] Psionicle

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Jarval said:
What do you think of Jansson's displays? I like them, but I think the Material could be better.

Displays:
Auditory (Au): The sound of crackling flames
Material (Ma): Charcoal dust coats Jansson's face and right hand for a few moments
Mental (Me): A brief feeling of uncomfortable heat
Olfactory (Ol): The smell of burning wood
Visual (Vi): Flames appear to burn under Jansson's skin in a rather unnerving fashion

Any suggestions?

I like the theme here. The material one could use a little work - how about warm ash covering the area momentarily? That fits into the fire/flame theme here.

Jarval

Explorer
Thanks Gnome

GnomeWorks said:

I like the theme here. The material one could use a little work - how about warm ash covering the area momentarily? That fits into the fire/flame theme here.

Good idea. I'll go and edit my character.

I'm afraid I won't be able to post til Saturday afternoon but not Saturday night :(, I have a debate competition tomorrow afternoon til night, resuming in the morning, in which I have a few hours break before going to a M:tg card tourney with some friends, I'll try to check in friday afternoon though, however unlikely.

(In the case of an attack he'll be forced to use his quarterstaff, if we pass by a village, he'll look for some new daggers, perferably about 10 this time :))

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Initiative roll for the upcoming battle -- 13 + 2 (Dex) = 15

Nate will draw his +2 Quarterstaff and take a defensive position for the first round.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Initiative = 3+ 2 DEX = 5

::sigh::

Either Defensively Manifest Stomp if the creature's not engaged yet, otherwise Defensively Manifest Vigor. Combine with a five foot step to disengage and ready morningstar.

Greg

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Battle with a Critter

How far away from us is this lizard-thing?

Not very. It's been following you for a few minutes, once it detected food - namely, the horses. It's about five feet away from the group.

Originally posted by Sollir Furryfoot:
In the case of an attack he'll be forced to use his quarterstaff

The round goes like so...
Osius (21)
The Critter (18)
Sahgrim (17)
Nathan (15)
Syld (14)
Jansson (13)
Shardorn [Cleric] (10)

---

Osius manifests Stomp towards the creature.

Osius sets the DC for the save at 16, and the creature gets only a 13, not enough to save. It takes 1 point of subdual damage as it falls over.

The creature rises from the snow, and emits an angry scream at Osius. It watches the party now, waiting for an opening to strike at someone.

Sahgrim runs up to the creature and beats it with his quarterstaff.

Sahgrim gets a 20, followed by a 15. 15-1 = 14, enough to hit. Sahgrim inflicts a total of 7 points of damage to the creature.

Nathan pulls out his psionic quarterstaff and waits by the horses, preparing to defend himself from any sudden attack.

Syld raises his rather large (for his size) staff and points it at the creature. It shoots forth two ectoplasmic blobs, which head towards the lizard.

The staff gets a 13 and an 11 on its ranged touch attacks, both of which hit. The missiles inflict 4 points and 1 point of damage, for a total of 5 points. The staff has 24 charges remaining.

The creature's eyes begin to glaze over, and it falls back down into the snow. As it does, the flaming colors of the sun dance over it, and the creature fades slowly into a dense, light gray fog, which then proceeds to dissappear from view.

Shardorn, who was about to get down from her mount, stays seated. "That, my friends," she says, "was an ethereal marauder. They seek sustenance on this plane, and can shift between our plane and theirs at will. As you can see, however, they are not very dangerous - at least to those who are prepared."

Now that the gray mist is gone, you can see the outline of the body of the beast, as though it had lain there undisturbed for many months. You can see the remains of a skeleton, and there is no flesh or skin that can be seen. However, what you do see is the remains of its last meal - bits of flesh and bone, with a few scraps of fur intermixed.

As you examine the corpse, the sound of great mechanical workings splits through the crisp air. The sound of a rusting gate opening can be heard, and a voice cries out to you, "Come on! We're not going to leave the gate open for long, more beasts might enter. Come!"

---

[Edit - now includes Jansson's and Syld's actions. Also remembered to include the cleric's initiative. The non-combat part of this post has also been placed in the IC thread.]

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Jansson draws his sword, stepping forwards to attack the creature. (+6 to hit, 1d6+2 dmg).

"Gods! What on earth is this thing?"

Originally posted by GnomeWorks:
The round goes like so...
Osius (21)

I thought he rolled 5?

Why are we using the OOC thread? I've cross posted this into the IC thread.

Remove ads