[OOC] Psionicle

Nothing personal Gnomeworks, but would you mind if I switched out my character for a different one (perhaps Technology based so we're a full team?) This is because of several reasons...

One of them includes me being practically useless in combat-I realized this from the start, that I would be better in social situations but also we have another telepath in the group who can do the things that I would be able to (especially with that handy new gem) and has left me a little disheartened with actually being useful to the group besides a few arrows or daggers here and there and being a kindof shield for the rest ;)

And that its easier to do it now since we're inbetween areas and have just leveled up, if you think its a bad idea I'll stick with Sahgrim and finish up advancement tomorrow, if I can switch I'll come up with a concept soon.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
:(

Okay, Sollir, if you really want to change chars, I don't have a problem with that.

If I could, I would like to try to convince you to keep your current char. However, if you would like to try out a new one, for whatever reason, then I will okay it.

You'll need an IC excuse to get out, and I can provide an IC reason for your new char to join in, unless you'd like to handle that (after discussing it with me, of course ;)).

Same char creation rules as before. If you need the info required for a tech char, then I can provide that for you (it's all playtest info, but it is more-or-less balanced - some tweaking might be necessary at times). It will be a day or two before I can get the info to you, though (I'm in the middle of rewriting the tech classes).

Tech classes include:
Technologist - is to technology what wizard is to magic and psion is to psionics
Medic - is a healer-type who doesn't use magic, but is still effective

I really don't mean to be stepping on your toes Gnomeworks but I found that I don't have that much use to everyone else since anything I can do, some one else can in one way or another :(

The technologist sounds fine with me, I still have the old tech classes but I don't mind waiting, perhaps I can talk with you in a chatroom tomorrow (I have to go soon) to see if we can work out some IC reasons and similar.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
No, no, you aren't stepping on my toes. It just somewhat bothers me that someone that I'm DMing for wants to change chars.

I am aware that it has nothing to do with me. I understand your sentiments, and would probably do the same thing you are doing in the same situation. I'm just over-reacting a bit b/c I'm tired. Sorry.

Yes, we can meet in a chatroom tomorrow, probably. When can you visit the chatroom here at EN World?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Okay, Sollir, let's get this ball rolling.

For starters - please email me what you've got as far as documents for technology IMC go. I need to know what info you have and the version it is.

Once I quick zip through those, I'll outline tech char creation for you. The Coldlands, and a few other places, are the home of technology chars. Other than race and class, all the rules you used to make Sahgrim (the 7 stats, 32 point buy, etc etc) are the same.

My email is korey@nandgate.com.

Emailed, I very vaguely described which versions I have, but I'm pretty sure they're much older than the current one, but if you want me to send them to you I can do that. I'm in the chatroom right now if you want to talk.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Pretty much, the only real question that needs to be asked as far as versions go is: does the medic have columns for 1) max device level and 2) maintenance points per day? If that's the case, then what you have is all up to date - the gadgeteer (or technologist, whichever you prefer - I use the term technologist) hasn't changed at all lately, only the medic has been modified for awhile. If not, then I'll ship you the new version of the medic.

You have all the feats - all you'll really need no matter what version of the stuff you have is the device list. I can get that to you either late tonight or early tomorrow afternoon.

Remove ads