[OOC] Psionicle

Jarval

Explorer
I'm gonna stand around feeling vagely useless, while everyone else stares at the staff.

Brains ain't really my strength... :)

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Oh BTW Dalamar, I've got the stats for your character posted on the old boards saved to my HDD. If you want I can repost them, or e-mail then to you.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Jarval, you are a life saver!!!!:D
Just post them for me, they looked a lot better back then in the old times...;) Put it somewhere and I'll copy it to where it should be.

Jarval

Explorer
Glad to help

Dalamar said:
Jarval, you are a life saver!!!!:D
Just post them for me, they looked a lot better back then in the old times...;) Put it somewhere and I'll copy it to where it should be.

Glad to help Dalamar. Here you go...

[Edit: Removed stats]

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hand of Vecna said:
Could a Knowledge (Psionics) and/or a Psicraft roll be made for Nathan to see what he knows of the Psionicle/Annulus/Gems/etc.? Or has he not been around long enough to realize what's going on???

(He's got a +6 in both, 5 ranks in each plus a +1 Int bonus)

That would be a Psicraft check, Hand. I'll roll that up for you...

Psicraft: You know all that Zhure knows, concerning the gems. You know more about the Annulus, however. The Annulus is a psionics-nullifying device, and that is the extent of its power. It can negate almost any type of psionics, allowing its wielder to manifest several of the anti-psionic powers, as well as generating a constant psionic effect that limits the usage of psionics within its range. You also know that it is sentient, and has a deep loathing of Illithids.

---

Originally posted by Sollir Furryfoot
I'll try the Knowledge (psionics) check, I have 4 ranks and +2 int bonus.

I'm afraid, Sollir, that as far as this area goes, you have no clue. All you know about is that these artifacts exist, and are related to psionics. Beyond that, you know only what has been discussed so far IC.

---

Originally posted by Dalamar
I'll try to remember something of the history of Annulus and the Gems with my Knowledge(Illithids) 6 ranks+3 Int Mod.=+9[/qb]

Knowledge (Illithids): The gems, you know, were crafted by the psionic races to store their growing knowledge of psionics, so that even if they were destroyed, their new-found knowledge would remain. It is known that wielders of these gems have complete control over the discipline the gem is attuned to, and that the more gems accumulated, the more power is granted unto the wielder. None have ever held all six at once, and the events surrounding such an event are unknown. The Annulus was used to cancel out and utterly annhiliate the leaders of the Illithid empire, and this set into motion the events that caused the continent to sink. It has not been seen since, and it has been speculated that it lies somewhere in the ruins beneath tons of rubble, awaiting again to be discovered and used against the vile Illithids.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Thanks for the info, GnomeWorks!

By the by, what's the name of the town ot the south we're headed towards? I'm assuming Nathan would know, since he did approach the party from there....

Jarval

Explorer
What do you think of Jansson's displays? I like them, but I think the Material could be better.

Displays:
Auditory (Au): The sound of crackling flames
Material (Ma): Charcoal dust coats Jansson's face and right hand for a few moments
Mental (Me): A brief feeling of uncomfortable heat
Olfactory (Ol): The smell of burning wood
Visual (Vi): Flames appear to burn under Jansson's skin in a rather unnerving fashion

Any suggestions?

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hand of Vecna said:
Thanks for the info, GnomeWorks!

Yep.

By the by, what's the name of the town ot the south we're headed towards? I'm assuming Nathan would know, since he did approach the party from there....

The name of the town you are heading for is Garanasseur. You all know the town fairly well, as it is where you were assigned to your previous location. You don't know many individual people, but you could find your way around town quickly if pressed.

Last edited:

Remove ads