• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

eayres33

Explorer
This one I'm having trouble deciding how I want to handle. The PHB version costs 1gp per day and 250 days (so 250gp) to learn a tool or language. The UA playtest, costs 100gp per workweek, and "at least" 10 workweeks, reduced by 1 workweek per positive intelligence modifier (so really, "at most" 10 workweeks, not "at least"). so only 50 days, but 1000gp.

A fifth the time, but four-times the cost.

Meanwhile, I've made you roll checks, which neither of those required, and you did quite well. Also, I rarely see anyone use proficiency in nearly any tool (other than thieve's tools, obviously), but then again, I've revealed that I'm inclined to make tools much, much better than they are by the strict rules.

...so I have no idea how I want to handle this.

And... I've just been told to go to bed, so I will think on it and get back to you.

It's something that could be handled over multiple downtimes. Say Snake learns all the materials he needs and how to prep them during this downtime and then would have to use the next to learn the proper mix ratios. Something like that, or it could take three times, I'm open to how ever you want to play it.

I'm also open to Snake working on a farm, or on caravan guard duty no big deal either way.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sure, that is along the lines of what I was thinking. Officially I will come up with a number of successful checks needed (in this case 8. Not all tools or languages are created equal). You would be semi-apprenticed, so a lot of the lesson cost is deferred by you working it off, but you must buy and use up your own herbalism kit each workweek that you spend learning it.

(So you've used up a kit and are 3/8 of the way to learning it.) I will hopefully post your intro today.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm sorry this is taking me so long. I promise I will move things along as soon as I have everyone introduced. I didn't mean to make it such a big thing, I'm just a sucker for punishment. Don't feel like you need to do long prose posts. (If you enjoy them, go right ahead, though).

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I enjoy long prose posts if I'm inspired. Hell, it's what I'm used to (or long joint posts) from the cooperative writing games I'm in, so no worries.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
And I just wrote a wall of text post... LOL Hope you enjoy.

That was great! Now I expect everyone to do that! (I am joking. Only post what you have time and inclination to post.)

But if you feel inspired... shrug.

I'm thinking Tommi and Lionel would start by hanging out just the two of them, but after a couple might get it in their heads to try to cheer up Angis. The dwarf is probably fond of the halfling, having seen him from time-to-time as he grew from a child into a man, but would probably be pretty intimidating to the halfling. Tommi probably only knows Angis as a dwarf mechant he's seen a few times at the bar.

Remove ads