(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm going to get started today or tomorrow. I'm going to do two players at a time, introducing each character and giving you the results of your downtime (which will be what you were doing before the day the adventure starts). You won't be a party yet, and feel free to continue the scenes I start, or explore the city. (Look at the map I posted and think about where you might want to go. Your character probably (or not, depending on who you are) knows all or most of the locations, but I think it will be fun to introduce them to the player as your character interacts with the place. If it takes me awhile to get to your character, sorry about that.

I will be rolling out character intros over a bit of time. If you haven't given me your "three rolls" please do so.

Here's the IC link:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?568250-(IC)-Scourge-of-Daggerford

tglassy

Adventurer
Pit fighting.

Strength for the actual fighting: [roll0]

Con for shrugging off hits: [roll1]

Int for reading my opponents: [roll2]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

River Song

Explorer
Lionel skill checks

Cooking a reception meal for Sir Isteval of Cormyr [roll0]

Dealing with a stubborn security deposit box for Darrondar Gweth, [roll1]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
One more for Lionel.

I've got two done. As you can see, the way I'm doing this is going to be a bit of work. I'll get two more done later tonight or tomorrow morning, and so on until everyone is done. When you are up, feel free to post a response with what-you-do-next (exploring town, I suppose) and I will respond to it. Think of this day as a day off after whatever downtime activity you did. So it'll be active play, interaction and exploration-type stuff. Something more exciting will occur after everyone is introduced.

River Song

Explorer
A runaway horse was causing problems the creature had been ill-used by its previous owner and had bolted. Lionel attempted to calm the beast and return it to its current owner.

[roll0]

Archon Basileus

First Post
Drui's qualities and flaws become quite evident as he starts to help around the temple. Surely, the priests decide, he will be better employed if he keeps his mouth shut and his head in the books. He's commanded to assist in the preparation of rituals and sermons, spending a great deal of time within the library. There, he applies his wits to research on the history and principles of the church of Tempus.

History: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=171743
Religion: 1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=171744

Thoughts of his family keep returning to him, making him tired of the most mundane aspects of his craft and religion. During the night, as he falls asleep over a pile of books and scrolls, he is visited by an efigy of his god, in his dreams. Appearing as a golden youth of strong build, clad in polished armor and dressed in dignity, the god exhorts Drui to rekindle his own virtues as a priest and a warrior. As Drui wakes up, he is compelled to continue his search on the metaphysical tenets of his faith, abandoning history altogether.

As his enthusiasm grows with each discovery, he decides to look for soldiers and fighters that visit the temple, employing part of his time as he tries to convince them of the values taught and defended by Tempus while offering counsel to the attendants.

Persuasion: 1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=171745

His attempts are less then welcome, though, and soon enough the Temple's attendance begins to avoid Drui. He realizes how ill-fated his decision has been and, leaving such trivial efforts behind, returns to his studies, trying to find solace in wisdom.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Awesome introduction! Hope I can keep up with it!

Squirrels are evil!

I hope *I* can keep up with it!

By the way, everyone, I don't expect that I will always write such huge posts - certainly not for each character, (what was I thinking!?) I guess I thought it would set an interesting tone. We'll see how it goes (and see if the urge to post quickly outweighs the urge to post... so much stuff.)

Remove ads