• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Anyone know if I can take favorite class bonus on levels in classes that aren't favorite?

I have two levels of monk - and I took +1 hp, but I would actually prefer fighter bonus.

Shayuri

First Post
If monk is your favored class you have three options whenever you take a monk level.

You can get +1 skill point, +1 hit point, or one level of the favored class bonus associated for that class for your race.

Scotley

Hero
Anyone know if I can take favorite class bonus on levels in classes that aren't favorite?

I have two levels of monk - and I took +1 hp, but I would actually prefer fighter bonus.

Yeah, only one favored class. Sorry. The good news is I really can't imagine 3 or 4 skill points or hit points is going to make or break the character.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I explained it badly. But I got the answer. My favorite class is fighter. I take the level of monk I don't get anything, not even default hp or skill.

Shayuri

First Post
Ah, yes. If fighter's your favored class, taking a non-favored gets you no bonus.

I think there's ways to have more than one favored class, but they're not worth the cost if you just want a dip.

Scotley

Hero
Was hoping to see some posts from the players. I'll try to move things along tomorrow or Friday and get moving toward getting the newest player integrated.

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, sorry...I have read it. It looks mechanically really interesting. Despite the fighter levels, it strikes me as very 'monkish,' with relatively low HP for a frontliner, and relying on the large number of low-damage attacks, along with some interesting stunts, for combat. Demons may have resistance to acid, but it's a better energy type than fire would be for sure as far as defeating resistances.

I'm really pleased to see he has a lot of mechanics driving him to seek flanks; Thorn benefits from flanks too with her sneak attack. :)

The mythic angle is a tougher sell, given that one of the premises of the module series seems to be that mythic status got it's 'start' with the events of the module...but I don't see anything specifically wrong with it, given the GM's approval. And creating a different origin story is pretty necessary given how the module locates the mythic event to a single place and time. A little inconvenient for adding new players. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads