• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Fenris

Adventurer
This is a major contender for Understatement of the 21st Century. Stranger in a Strange Land is earthshaking and awe-inspiring.

Amen. I was just thinking about this book the other day (before I even mentioned grokking). Has there ever been a movie of Stranger in a Strange Land? I don't know of any. I think some of the issues today would be less scandalous (Dawn's tattoos were quite shocking then, today, not so much. Or the generally sexuality and promiscuity. Hell it is tame by today's standards). But the basic issues are still very relevant and powerful.

Leif

Adventurer
Amen. I was just thinking about this book the other day (before I even mentioned grokking). Has there ever been a movie of Stranger in a Strange Land? I don't know of any. I think some of the issues today would be less scandalous (Dawn's tattoos were quite shocking then, today, not so much. Or the generally sexuality and promiscuity. Hell it is tame by today's standards). But the basic issues are still very relevant and powerful.
It would truly be far less scandalous. Perhaps to the point of lessening the impact of some of the book's thematic development: It was supposed to be scandalous and leave the reader frayed, jagged, and just generally, well, scandalized.

After all, the whole promiscuity aspect of the book is quite 'ho-hum' by the standards of 21st century America, where it's now more unusual for an evening sit-com to NOT have a homosexual character than to have one (or several, or a whole troop).

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
One of her fellows overhears and grabs his crotch suggestively, "I've been giving their women a new god to worship." The female cultist you've been talking to shoots him a dark look. "You're an ass Delgon," she sneers.

So... it's probably a good thing that Lia is downstairs with Faxon because if she heard this her chaotic nature would have taken over, the fact-finding mission would be kaput immediately, beginning with a Mythic level Fireball to Delgon's Family Jewels. :angel:

Also, someone please tell her not to be alone with that guy if he's not dead before she gets back upstairs lol.

Then again, who knows what worser (I made a new word! Yipee!) dangers lurk with Faxon...

Queenie

Queen of Everything
To put it in perspective, Faxion just tried to slip her a date-rape drug, fantasy magic style.

So yeah, I think he's worse. :)

Rofl that completely made me crack up.

I did some careful considering before proceeding down this path of letting people leave... But figured in the end she could survive at least one round while her friends show up to help skewer him... Right? :-o

;)

Upstairs, I imagine our other two ladies are much better at skewering that Lia. :-D

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn's got her back. She's listening for anything untoward happening inside, while still keeping an eye on the stuff upstairs. She's gonna rescue EVERBUDDY!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads