• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP by MLeibrock and Scotley

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Tactic suggestioin, just in case . . . . .

if those near the door go to the rescue, we might want a tank at the top of the steps.

addendum:
I think placing a paladin who considers all this group to be under his protection, It might be best for all to go down to aid Lia, while he stands as defender at the doorway - fighting defensively at the top of the steps. When he is done giving 'merciful respite to the tortuously delusional persons' above, he will join you down stairs.

post addendum:
I would drop to the floor in gales of laughter if Lia were to reverse the rufie magic and charm him instead - oh the humiliation she could do! ! !

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
This totally made me think of us. Don't let it happen in this game! lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407100823.392105.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1407100823.392105.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 227

Fenris

Adventurer
Tactic suggestioin, just in case . . . . .

if those near the door go to the rescue, we might want a tank at the top of the steps.

addendum:
I think placing a paladin who considers all this group to be under his protection, It might be best for all to go down to aid Lia, while he stands as defender at the doorway - fighting defensively at the top of the steps. When he is done giving 'merciful respite to the tortuously delusional persons' above, he will join you down stairs.

post addendum:
I would drop to the floor in gales of laughter if Lia were to reverse the rufie magic and charm him instead - oh the humiliation she could do! ! !

I think a tank at the stairs and one of the archers as well. If everyone runs down, the cultists could leave rather than assist Faxon. To prevent that, an archer and a tank could hold them and cut them down.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Heh.

Point 1). We probably should have talked about this BEFORE we went in.

Point 2) That said, we don't really know how many are upstairs / wandering around out back / out on a mission to soon return.

So, I definitely wouldn't send everyone downstairs. Find out how many there are.

Point 3) Lia is not completely without ways to defend herself \ hurt bad guys. Lol I mean, she DOES have Mythic Levels Powers along with the rest of you. Not that he can't have other ... Stuff... But he is also some kind of spell caster...

Point 4) It's so sweet you want to protect little ol Lia... Awwwww <3. :p

Scotley

Hero
This is probably a good time for a little out of character discussion GM to player. I hope that my post did not offend anyone (well okay, I hope it did offend you, that was kind of the point), but at least didn't exceed your expectations for a game that involves some more mature content. It think the post makes it clear that these cultists are not nice people. They are the sort of folks who have willingly chosen to side with demons over the good people of the world after all. I wanted to convey that and build a level of anger in your characters against these guys. I wanted to make your characters uncomfortable. But I don't want to push the players anywhere they don't want to go. If the game takes a direction that you find unacceptable please bring that your GM's attention here or via PM or email as you prefer.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I just love it when players give helpful suggestions to the GM's. :cool:

ach! RULE ONE: Never, NEVER EVER give the DM ideas!

This is probably a good time for a little out of character discussion GM to player. I hope that my post did not offend anyone (well okay, I hope it did offend you, that was kind of the point), but at least didn't exceed your expectations for a game that involves some more mature content. It think the post makes it clear that these cultists are not nice people. They are the sort of folks who have willingly chosen to side with demons over the good people of the world after all. I wanted to convey that and build a level of anger in your characters against these guys. I wanted to make your characters uncomfortable. But I don't want to push the players anywhere they don't want to go. If the game takes a direction that you find unacceptable please bring that your GM's attention here or via PM or email as you prefer.

I am not put off but I can only speak for myself.

Shayuri

First Post
Well, speaking as someone who's not in the scene, I'm fine with it. I'd be fine with it if it was Thorn too (though she of course would not be fine with it...but she has ways of dealing with that sort of thing, in-character). I don't expect nor want punches to be pulled, within the constraints of Enworld etiquette and board rules.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I have no problem with anything you've posted so far and doubt I would have anything you will post in the future. You were clear about it being a mature game / mature themes.

Frankly, actually having dangerous situations ups the ante, so to speak. I mean, if someone comes and saves you every time you're thrown in a dungeon, dungeons lose their scariness factor. Not that we need vicious torturing with photos and youtube videos but saying it's actually happening kind of makes it more real? More realistic? Does that make sense?

If you want us to hate these guys, you are definitely on the right track ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads