OOC: Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Lazlow

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Lazlow - [sblock]And just to be extra polite, lemme get you the specifics for Fist of Stone...

Fist of Stone
Transmutation (Earth)
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 1, warmage 1
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute

You transform one of your hands into a mighty fist of living stone, gaining a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength for purposes of attacks, grapple checks, or breaking and crushing items. In addition, you gain the ability to make one natural slam attack as a standard action, dealing 1d6 points of damage plus your new Strength bonus (or 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus if you make no other attacks that round). You can make the slam attack as a natural secondary attack with the normal -5 penalty (or -2 penalty if you have the Multiattack feat; see page 304 of the Monster Manual) as part of a full attack action. However you cannot gain more than one slam attack per round with this spell due to a high base attack bonus (+6 or higher).

Your fist undergoes no change in size or form, remaining as flexible and responsive as it would normall while under the spell's effect.

Material Component: A pebble inscribed with a stylized fist design.

I also made minor corrections to her attack with her greataxe due to its magical nature. :)

I'm glad to be aboard. Sometimes us old-timers can get the new people stimulated to join or whatnot. "What, Brother Shatterstone/Ferrix/Isida/etc. is in this game? Sweet!" Or I could be ascribing far too much coolness to us. ;)

Sorry about springing books not on the list on you, but I think I covered everything.[/sblock]

Looks good Isida, thanks.

[sblock]No prob with the non-list book. To be honest, there's very little I won't allow, as long as the specs are provided (don't be spreading that around, though ;) ).[/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
Branding Opportunity -

[sblock]For simplicity's sake, let's go with the Necrotic Presence rather than the cyst stuff (10 out of 10 for grossness, though... Ew.). I like that idea, and it will actually make for some even more interesting situations given the make-up of your party... :] [/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
Wystan said:
To the GM :)

Some notes on your notes:
[sblock]
Mithral Chainshirt (1100)
Magic Long Sword +1 (2315)
Handy Haversack (2000)
Total 5415

Now it is Over by 15Gp

This is fine if you don't mind being flat broke when the game starts.
[/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
DrZombie:

[sblock]
DrZombie said:
allright, I'm going for the 'djeez-why-are-all-the-other-palladins-such-a-bunch-of-goody-shoe-morons-who-were-at-the-back-of-the-line-when-brains-were-handed-out', chain-smoking, grumbling, sarcastic half-orc palladin. He'll be lawfull-good in the sense that Sam Vimes is lawful good. He just doesn't have to like it. In fact, he hates it. But, you know, that's life for you.So at times he'll drink a bit. A bit much, actually. A bit too much. Only one big problem : it doesn't affect him in the way it does those puny humans Will you allow the "carouser" feat from 7'th sea, wich is that the character can basically drink anyone under the table, without getting senseless. This gives a +2 to intimidate for those who could be impressed by it (sailors, wagonneers, dwarves...)

I love the concept. This is pretty much the Paladin of Freedom variant from Unearthed Arcana, which is basically a CG Paladin. From the book: "The paladin of freedom is chaotic good, dedicated to liberty [like, say, excessive drinking and chain smoking] and free thought [like wondering, 'djeez-why-are-all-the-other-palladins-such-a-bunch-of-goody-shoe-morons-who-were-at-the-back-of-the-line-when-brains-were-handed-out']." This sounds like a perfect fit to me, and I've been wanting for someone to try one of these. Here are the specs if you're interested:

<<<<<<<<<<<
The paladin of freedom has all the standard paladin class features, except as noted below:

Class skills: Replace Diplomacy with Bluff on the class skill list.

Aura of Resolve (Su): Beginning at 3rd level, a P of F is immune to compulsion effects. Each ally within 10 feet of him gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against compulsion effects. This ability otherwise functions identically to the paladin's aura of courage class feature.

Spellcasting: Remove the following spells from the paladin's spell list: death ward, discern lies, dispel chaos, magic circle against chaos, protection from chaos. Add the following spells to the paladin's spell list: 1st - protection from law; 3rd - magic circle against law, remove curse; 4th - dispel law, freedom of movement.

Code of Conduct: A paladin of freedom must be of chaotic good alignment and loses all class abilities if he ever willingly commits an evil act. Additionally, a paladin of frfeedom's code requires that he respect individual liberty, help those in need (provided they do not use the help for lawful or evil ends), and punish those who threaten or curtail personal liberty.

Associates: While he may adventure with characters of any good or neutral alignment, a paladin of freedom will never knowingly associate with evil characters (except on some sort of undercover mission), nor will he continue an association with someone who consistently offends his moral code. A P of F may accept only henchmen, followers, or cohorts who are chaotic good.
>>>>>>>>>

I'm game if you are.

Also, I'll create a character tonight, but I don't have acces to excell. I'll put it in sblocks and later transfer it to heroforge when I have the time.

No prob.[/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
DrZombie, almost forgot:

[sblock]With a name like "Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog TAVERN", how can I not allow the Carouser feat? ;) Drink away![/sblock]

Lazlow

First Post
khavren said:
Does this include transportation, ie mules, wagons, etc? What about hirelings? I figured I'd leave it unspoilered since it's a general question :)

I'll allow it for transportation (remember the 100gp limit for free stuff), but not hirelings.

Also, I don't have UA, how do action points work?

Action points are basically "booster" points that you can use for such things as bumping up (or down) a die roll, activate a (previously spent) class ability, emulate a feat you don't have (but qualify for), getting in an extra attack, boosting a spell, recalling a spent spell, improving existing feats, or any number of other similar things. Points are given out according to level. I'll post more specifics on this in the next day or two.

Seeten

First Post
This looks like so much fun, but I have decided I'm way too thinly stretched right now. I have to drop out. I know from the interest level, that will really help more than hurt, so I dont feel too guilty. =)

Remove ads