[OOC] The Eye of The Night

Ferrix

Explorer
Erudite said:
Hi Ferrix,
Provided that Mathew does not have any problems with that, it works for me. I like the twin angle.

Cheers,
Erudite

Cool :)

In a party of potentially six characters, a doubling of roles isn't such a horrible idea.

Although, if the party needs that sword & board fighter, they could always still be twins just going in different directions (one towards combat, the other towards roguery).

Mathew Lankard

First Post
Mains
thavil - Elven Wizard
AmorFati - Half-Orc Favored Soul
Torillan - Undecided
Erudite - ? Rogue
Ferrix - ? Rogue
Frukathka - Dwarf Paladin

Alts
DralonXitz
Pate Pot Pete

I like the idea of the twin rogues, what race will you be? I'm assuming identical twins. I'm still working out the details of the campaign world; I will let you know soon though. Feel free to use the thread to brainstorm character ideas and such. I'm hoping we will all be able to contribute to the story of how the group got together, because I hope to start the story with the group traveling to a destination, beginning to get worried about the outlook for their adventuring careers! Of course one or more of the characters may have been picked up along the way, but I would like the group to be familiar with one another. I'll take one more alt if anyone is interested.

About character sheets, I really like the forum software that thavil used to post his character, so if nobody has any objections I'd like everyone to use those sheets to post their characters (don't worry we're keeping the game here ;) ).

Last edited:

Pate Pot Pete

First Post
I'd also like to throw in as an alternate.

Atton always was different from the others, in the small farming village were he grew up, all the other kids were scared of him. Most adults found Atton charming until they made him angry, which they always did. His parents loved him though and tried to help him. None of it made it difference, when he was fourteen he killed another boy, when asked later Atton couldn't even remember why he did it. The locals blamed it on the small group of elves, and the lynchings that followed even made Atton shutter, but just a little. Then he met an odd little man named Chuck. Chuck tought him the ways of the swordsman, and tempered that murderous instinct, and turned it into fighting ability. Now, Atton leaves his village out to find glory, and riches, but most of all to make his master proud of him

Mathew Lankard

First Post
I'll be working on world information and will post it when avaliable, but the setting is basic, so you can make up names for your home towns and such. Adventurers are the most known people in the realm, succesful ones becoming legends, unsucessful ones becoming warnings against leaving the safety of home. Feel free to use any diety you want, if you have one you made yourself let me know and I'll probably approve it. You guys can figure out party dynamics and fianlize your character conepts if you wish.

Bobitron

Explorer
Mathew,

Just wanted to stop by and welcome you to the boards and give you a big thumbs-up for running a game. Nice to have you aboard, and good luck!

-Bob

Ferrix

Explorer
Of the races in the PHB, I would say either human or halfling.

Overall, I'd say Deep Halfling (Monster Manual) or Whisper Gnome (Races of Stone). Darkvision is a great thing to have as a rogue.

Erudite

First Post
Mathew, what do you say to a pair of whisper gnome (races of stone) twins, one of whom is most definitely a roguish type (me), and whatever Ferrix comes up with? I'll whip up a character and post it by tomorrow.

Mathew Lankard

First Post
I'm @ work right now, let me take a look at Races of Stone tonight when i get home and I'll let you know. Races are all going to have a unique twist in my campaign world, so I'll see what I can do. For example, the dwarven homeland is covered in ice and snow, the drow live underneath a desert wasteland, etc. I'm also going to allow changelings (Eberron) if anyone is interested. When I get home later tonight I plan on posting a rough outline on my world along with general race descriptions so everyone can get a rough idea of where to start their backgrounds.

Last edited:

Remove ads