D&D 5E [OOC] The New World (Volo Monsters)

ammulder

Explorer
Unless someone speaks up in opposition, I'll resolve a short rest tomorrow morning (real time). I'll try to get the sketch of the surroundings too, though it's pretty bare other than the road, mound, and snow covering. You can be thinking about how you want to stage this ambush. With some good stealth rolls and a willingness to get cold you could potentially hide in the snow alongside the road (dig down a little and then have someone cover you up). Saashala and/or Jeffrey could also put on a show in the road or whatever. Between yourselves, fleeing bandits, and horses, there's probably no way to completely hide footprints/hoofprints and the fact that "beings" were around, though the distinctiveness of the mound means that's probably not entirely unusual.

ammulder

Explorer
For what it's worth, I'm not going to ask you to roll two skills to accomplish one thing (as in both survival and stealth to build a hideout and then hide in it), unless it's really a long-running task.

Now here's the joke: my reasoning for this is that rolling twice practically guarantees you won't do especially well. You know, because you get two opportunities to fail.

Except, of course, in the post that prompted this -- where both rolls were above 20. :)

TallIan

Explorer
😁

I figured you wouldn't be that cruel, but I wasn't sure which skill you wanted, so I did both. Probably should have clarrified that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Remove ads