[OOC Thread]Blackout - D20 Horror

ShrooMofDooM

First Post
HOT DAMN I thought this thing died. It was on the second page for a while there, and nobody was replying. All characters so far accepted, and in response to Spell's post, yes, there's just enough room for one more. Which will be Spell and tylermalan if they are both still interested.

Last edited:

Erudite

First Post
ShrooMofDooM, I just noticed this one. I l o v e horror games, ever since I ran my first Call of Cthulhu game, so long ago. Is there still room for one more? I'd like to play a guy who wakes up with no memory. He can wake up in a hospital, psychiatric ward, wreckage of a car accident, or even be dumped in off of a moving car in a body bag.

Let me know! Thanks.
Erudite

ShrooMofDooM

First Post
Erudite said:
ShrooMofDooM, I just noticed this one. I l o v e horror games, ever since I ran my first Call of Cthulhu game, so long ago. Is there still room for one more? I'd like to play a guy who wakes up with no memory. He can wake up in a hospital, psychiatric ward, wreckage of a car accident, or even be dumped in off of a moving car in a body bag.

Let me know! Thanks.
Erudite

Well, I already have five people by my count (three with character sheets prepared, one with the abilities rolled, and one who I'm still waiting on to respond. if this number is wrong, please tell me). A question about your amnesia: do you intend to have your own reason for the amnesia and to bring that into the way you play your character somehow? Some more detailed info would be great before I decide on accepting you or not. :)

Erudite

First Post
Hi ShrooMofDooM,

I really think he should be someone who has done something rather horrible and nasty, and is blocking it out. What this could have been depends on how closely it can be tied into whatever events you have going on in the game. In any case, it should be awful, and it should be something he must confront at some point.

I think imagery is vital here. Some form of recurring, haunting image, particularly laden with symbolism, should occur to him. If he is running from something, dreaming of creatures made of dozens of legs tipped with rope-like appendages trying to chase and bind him; if he is a murderer or feels guilt over the death of another, a monstrous, faceless version of the victim, handling a huge hammer, mounting his own head on the haft, may taunt him, angrily pounding his features into red, unrecognizable paste against walls, floors, and ceilings; etc.

If you have me join, I would like to hear your own thoughts as well, in order to sync with what you have planned.

Thanks!

[Edit, I think the victim of his act should be someone easily recognized as an innocent. A helpless relative, his own child, etc. Borrowing from Silent Hill, a sick or comatose wife, a needing child...]

ShrooMofDooM

First Post
My only worry is that your character's amnesia and his goal to find out what exactly has happened might steal the limelight from the other players in some way.

Erudite

First Post
If he is actively trying to avoid recalling his past, this would not have to be a problem. I do not want to force myself into a game where you are comfortable with the number of players. I'd love to join, but only if you see me making the game better! I think that I can work in amnesia and not sideline the game to my personal opus, though.

Cheers,
Erudite

Spell

First Post
ShrooMofDooM said:
HOT DAMN I thought this thing died. It was on the second page for a while there, and nobody was replying. All characters so far accepted, and in response to Spell's post, yes, there's just enough room for one more. Which will be Spell and tylermalan if they are both still interested.

:(
sorry, i think i picked up one game too many!
i have to turn this down
i am really really sorry. no hard feeling i hope.

Remove ads