OOC Thread for mleibrock's Council of Thieves Game

mleibrock

First Post
Hope you've got your computer back up and going and the family obligations tended to. Ready to play that character? The party could use another target.

Understood: It needs to be from different sources, not the same feat twice. Having a really bad computer day. Had to do a system restore to june 24, so I might have lost some stuff I was getting ready to post.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
FYI, connectivity at the WiFi place here has sucked. Also on Monday and Tuesday of next week I 'get' to have a medical procedure done where I will basically be fasting and needing to stay home. I am pouring all diligence in getting this character done. I have 3 to do. the good news is that on the 25th I will be at my bother's place for 9 days where I have excellent connectivity and the only distraction is their little puppy dog whom we get along with each other really well.

She has not been so energetic as of late since developing cancerous tumors in her right shoulder. She needs a pet human to comfort her while the usual pet humans are on vacation.

So, just so you know, that is what I am doing. character 1 of 3 to work on.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A Question Or Two

One:
Regarding the two spells Mage Armor and Shield. I was wondering if you cold have both running and gain bonuses from both? Here are the links:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mage-armor

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/s/shield

Two:

the Djnni bloodline feature it says:Bloodline Arcana: Whenever you cast a spell that deals energy damage, you can change the type of damage to electricity. This also changes the spell’s descriptors to match this energy type.

How would that be skinned with sonic scream?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
One: Yes! Mage Armor and Shield do stack! [At least, they did under 3.5 rules.... Pathfinder may have done somehing funky with the bonus types. Check the spell descriptions. I checked and the bonuses are still the same and shield and armor bonuses still stack as expecdted, see p. 179.] [As the spell names state, one is a shield bonus to AC and the other is an armor bonus to AC. Where you run into trouble is with any other armor and/or shield bonuses that you may have. As long as all you are using is Mage Armor, Shield, Dexterity, and a Ring, Amulet, whatever, of Protection, you are golden. Mage Armor has a duration that is long enough that you can get by with casting it when you wake up in the morning and maybe at most one or two additional times during the day, depending on your CL. Shield has a much shorter duration and is best reserved for the times when you KNOW you are going to need it. [Like when you know you'll be battling a wizard who likes to cast magic missile.]

Two: I have no idea, maybe Spit Lightning?

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
notes on Tiko

Reviewing the battle Tiko has cast 3 Shocking Grasps. With one in her spell-storing rapier, that would only leave one spell for the day, probably a True Strike. She has not used any of her Arcane Pool (swift action) today, so she has 4 points left, each giving an extra +1 enhancement bonus (limit +5) to any of her weapons for one minute. I don't see that she has been hit, so she is 19/19 hp and AC 14.

So next round, Tiko will use 1/4 points of her Arcane Pool and attack with her Rapier +5 1d6+2 18-20/x2

Remove ads